FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Hull FC
Re: Hull FC : Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:44 am  
The signings that Hodgson has made during his reign arent helping. They are absolute head scratchers.

He has to go, he is clearly out of his depth
Re: Hull FC : Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:25 am  
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
I don't know when it happened but at some point Hull just seem to have become one of those serially dysfunctional clubs. So something terrible or chaotic happens and it no longer surprises you, like at Bradford or Leigh or somewhere.

Pearson seems a bit of a difficult bloke to work with/for but the main off-field problem seems to be that he's never been able to find anyone with real money to come in alongside him so they are always quite close to the bread line, if not over it with the way crowds have gone.


So Leigh helped SL by becoming the 12th team last season with a lot less funding! also the best players were snapped up, and a short pre season due to being admitted in late, and you call us dysfunctional? NO! I'm not going to swear at you!! I'll just say you come across quite a few times as a very sanctimonious person!. No need for it.
Re: Hull FC : Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:16 pm  
TheWarringtonWolve69 wrote:
To get 60 points put on you at home by a team decimated by injuries is absolutely embarassing!


I reckon having 40+ points put on you away to a team you tipped (again :roll: ) to finish bottom is far more embarassing wouldn't you say LeBron? :STUPID: :lol:
Re: Hull FC : Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:28 pm  
Some of the score lines this season, and every season to be fair, raise an eyebrow.

But hey, we cannot expand super league because it will lead to blow out scores… (btw I’m not advocating bradford of course, but Leigh, Fev, Toulouse despite likely losing and going down I don’t see as dragging the standard of super league down alone)
Re: Hull FC : Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:22 pm  
Bulls4 wrote:
Some of the score lines this season, and every season to be fair, raise an eyebrow.

But hey, we cannot expand super league because it will lead to blow out scores… (btw I’m not advocating bradford of course, but Leigh, Fev, Toulouse despite likely losing and going down I don’t see as dragging the standard of super league down alone)


We always get some unusual score lines at this time of the season, a couple of teams battling for that top 6 spot and a couple of teams avoiding that relegation spot. The form teams for the past couple of weeks have been Salford and Leeds and Wakey activating their get out of jail performances.

Warrington on the other hand are just not steppingup to the plate and are in no mans land.
Re: Hull FC : Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:02 pm  
Cokey wrote:
So Leigh helped SL by becoming the 12th team last season with a lot less funding! also the best players were snapped up, and a short pre season due to being admitted in late, and you call us dysfunctional? NO! I'm not going to swear at you!! I'll just say you come across quite a few times as a very sanctimonious person!. No need for it.

Sorry I don't think I've ever really exchanged posts with you before.

Most people in the game look at Leigh and roll their eyes, it's just the way it is. Players go there when they're desperate or can't get a deal anywhere else.
Re: Hull FC : Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:25 pm  
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
Sorry I don't think I've ever really exchanged posts with you before.

Most people in the game look at Leigh and roll their eyes, it's just the way it is. Players go there when they're desperate or can't get a deal anywhere else.


There you go again. You do realize that any club getting promoted is at a disadvantage from the off? We (Leigh) are now rolling the dice and recruiting big atm so as to give us the best chance of sustaining a spot in SL (should we get there). Isn't it funny you don't include Fev in your derogatory attacks? You keep shipping your has-beens there. I'm quite happy for people to roll their eyes at Leigh because, there are an awful lot more people nauseated at the sight of Leeds. :SUBMISSION:
Re: Hull FC : Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:53 am  
Problem with Hull is they think they are a big club and they probably base that on number of fans or potential fans, but on the field they are anything but a big club. (I'm not having a go but the truth hurts) it's just like saying Newcastle United are a big club because 52k turn up there nothing what have they won the fairs cup or something many moons ago. I recently said they would be better off with Rowley than Hodgson (not that I want that to happen) but the replys seemed to say we don't want to go down that road we are Hull were bigger than that. I've got news for you no your not, I'm sure once you sack Hodgson theres another NRL nobody waiting in the wings. I hope you take that constructively but I doubt it. BTW Radders looks like the chains are off.
Re: Hull FC : Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:17 am  
Salford red all over wrote:
Problem with Hull is they think they are a big club and they probably base that on number of fans or potential fans, but on the field they are anything but a big club. (I'm not having a go but the truth hurts) it's just like saying Newcastle United are a big club because 52k turn up there nothing what have they won the fairs cup or 7something many moons ago. I recently said they would be better off with Rowley than Hodgson (not that I want that to happen) but the replys seemed to say we don't want to go down that road we are Hull were bigger than that. I've got news for you no your not, I'm sure once you sack Hodgson theres another NRL nobody waiting in the wings. I hope you take that constructively but I doubt it. BTW Radders looks like the chains are off.


The whole 'big club' thing entirely depends on how you define it. If you judge it by on-field results you'd be hard pressed to find any Hull fan who'd argue we are a 'big' club. If you base it on fan base then I think you could make an argument that we are. If it's a combination of the two then probably not. Personally I couldn't give a stuff either way.

I don't know any Hull fans who think we have a right to be winning things. As far as I can tell the general feeling is that given the fan base and cap spend the club should be doing better on the field than it is.
We're a mid-table team and have been for awhile, I'm quite comfortable with that fact, its the massive blowouts and the players perceived lack of spine that annoys us.

Bear in mind that some of the more vocal posters on our board are consistently negative about absolutley everything.
Rowley seems to be doing a good job at Salford currently but I'm not convinced any coach would make much difference atm. We've had the same issues under the last 3.

FWIW I am consistently impressed with how Salford go about things given they seem to have to rebuild the team most years.
Re: Hull FC : Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:30 am  
thickorthin wrote:
Poor old Adam Pearson must be thinking why is he bothering.


"poor?" - couldnt be happening to anyone better.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Seth and 170 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to The Virtual Terrace