WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Magic Weekend
Re: Magic Weekend Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:05 am  

User avataratomic wrote:
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 6168
WestEndThinker wrote:
For once I agree with you, Origin is the big thing in Aus, we tried it (half arsed and half hearted) with both Yorks v Lans and The Exiles, they don't work. Until everyone over the age of 50 is booted out of the RFL blazer squad RL in the UK will continue in decline.


I live in reality. It will be hard enough to get the youth going again. Sorry that puts your 50 + scenario to bed. The reason they have 50+ in positions is because they know the game and don’t have to take orders from a young snotty nosed kid who THINKS he knows.
Image
Re: Magic Weekend Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:11 pm  

User avatarUllFC wrote:
UllFC User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:41 pm
Posts: 15475
Confirmed (or as confirmed as can be!) to move to the beginning of September. Chance to advertise both Magic and the World Cup opener in November, but that might be too ambitious thinking for the sport right now..
Re: Magic Weekend Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:06 pm  

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 10416
Can’t see fans being let back in this season either so it doesn’t matter how far they put it back.
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
Re: Magic Weekend Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:41 pm  
Ste100Centurions User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:17 pm
Posts: 2496
Booked my 3 bedroom house on AirBnB for Magic Weekend, even if fans can't go I get free cancellation upto the 29th August so nothing to lose. 2 Leigh fans & one unfortunate crusty pie having a weekend of beer, rugby & golf, love it !

Over 50's vaccinations to begin by May so will have my Covid passport ready to go to away games.

Bring it on !
Re: Magic Weekend Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:10 am  
Marvin Goolash Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:30 pm
Posts: 305
Ste100Centurions wrote:
Booked my 3 bedroom house on AirBnB for Magic Weekend, even if fans can't go I get free cancellation upto the 29th August so nothing to lose. 2 Leigh fans & one unfortunate crusty pie having a weekend of beer, rugby & golf, love it !

Over 50's vaccinations to begin by May so will have my Covid passport ready to go to away games.

Bring it on !

Covid passport.? No such thing according to the people who think they know how to run the country.
Re: Magic Weekend Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:52 am  

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 2493
Location: Watching Rugby League
We'll be fine if there's 50% of fans let back in. We usually celebrate that as a success.
Re: Magic Weekend Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:03 am  

Donnyman wrote:
Donnyman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:28 am
Posts: 1862
Marvin Goolash wrote:
Covid passport.? No such thing according to the people who think they know how to run the country.


A minister suggested it, but scientists say that those who have had their jabs can still carry and transmit the virus to others whilst not being affected themselves.

All the oldies round here think that are free from the problem and are out in force forgetting the distancing breathing on everyone else......

Still to see how we manage any "crowds"........
Re: Magic Weekend Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:16 am  

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 2493
Location: Watching Rugby League
Donnyman wrote:
A minister suggested it, but scientists say that those who have had their jabs can still carry and transmit the virus to others whilst not being affected themselves.

All the oldies round here think that are free from the problem and are out in force forgetting the distancing breathing on everyone else......

Still to see how we manage any "crowds"........


Just another indication of how we are very much a selfish "i'm alright Jack" nation.
Re: Magic Weekend Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:33 am  
Sandro II Terrorista User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:14 pm
Posts: 11725
Location: Secret Hill Top Lair. V.2

What things do you think the rest of us should do to move our society forward?
If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle.

Frederick Douglas
Re: Magic Weekend Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:05 am  

Steph Curry wrote:
Steph Curry Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:07 pm
Posts: 1082
Sandro II Terrorista wrote:
What things do you think the rest of us should do to move our society forward?


Stop listening to a gerbil and his conspiracy theory rubbish??
Years in existence and average attendance

Leigh Centurions - 100+ years / Circa 3k
Wakefield Wildcats - 100+ years / Circa 4k
Toronto Wolfpack - 3 years / 9k
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Nothus, reffy, TimperleySaint, Uncle Rico, WelshRL&RUwatcher, Wildthing and 120 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,127,4251,11478,4754,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X