WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - ELSTONE
Re: ELSTONE Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:50 pm  
Huddersfield1895 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:08 am
Posts: 1624
So all in of this we have to conclude that at this time there is no evidence to suggest that Elstone has brought a single penny into the game despite being in the job over 2 years and on a allege salary of £400,000 plus his staffs money
Re: ELSTONE Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:13 pm  
Ste100Centurions User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:17 pm
Posts: 2496
Huddersfield1895 wrote:
So all in of this we have to conclude that at this time there is no evidence to suggest that Elstone has brought a single penny into the game despite being in the job over 2 years and on a allege salary of £400,000 plus his staffs money

Not only not brought any money in but wasted £400,000 a year on his salary & left & £750,000 debt for an "introduction" to a P.E firm on a wing & a prayer, who ....... who agrees a £750,000 finders fee for "deal or no deal" ???

Still, there's always the magnificent Papa Johns pizza deal to brag about !!!
Re: ELSTONE Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:42 am  

bulls2487 wrote:
bulls2487 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:56 am
Posts: 487
Ste100Centurions wrote:
Not only not brought any money in but wasted £400,000 a year on his salary & left & £750,000 debt for an "introduction" to a P.E firm on a wing & a prayer, who ....... who agrees a £750,000 finders fee for "deal or no deal" ???

Still, there's always the magnificent Papa Johns pizza deal to brag about !!!


And to think people criticised Nigel Wood with his running of the game. Over 2 million wasted on Elstone, PE and his staff.
Re: ELSTONE Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:52 am  

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 10392
Well Nigel Wood was equally as bad.
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
Re: ELSTONE Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:59 am  
The Ghost of '99 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:45 pm
Posts: 1519
Location: Desperation Island
Willzay wrote:
Well Nigel Wood was equally as bad.

He arranged the current TV deal which everyone is so upset we won't come close to matching.
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."
Re: ELSTONE Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:20 pm  
Huddersfield1895 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:08 am
Posts: 1624
Ste100Centurions wrote:
Not only not brought any money in but wasted £400,000 a year on his salary & left & £750,000 debt for an "introduction" to a P.E firm on a wing & a prayer, who ....... who agrees a £750,000 finders fee for "deal or no deal" ???

Still, there's always the magnificent Papa Johns pizza deal to brag about !!!

Money the game can ill afford to lose
Re: ELSTONE Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:05 pm  
Ornery Optimist Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:51 pm
Posts: 4708
bulls2487 wrote:
And to think people criticised Nigel Wood with his running of the game. Over 2 million wasted on Elstone, PE and his staff.


Could be even more of a shock still to come.
Reported tonight in Rugby League Express.
It may be,repeat may be,that Derek Beaumont rode to the rescue!
Don't know the story - but if it has required Derek Beaumont to rescue the sport from the suicide of private equity,never,ever,will my gasted have been so flabbered.
This sport never fails to shock...
No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.
Re: ELSTONE Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:18 pm  
The Ghost of '99 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:45 pm
Posts: 1519
Location: Desperation Island
Ornery Optimist wrote:
Don't know the story - but if it has required Derek Beaumont to rescue the sport from the suicide of private equity,never,ever,will my gasted have been so flabbered.

It didn't. Leeds and St Helens were always going to veto it.
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."
Re: ELSTONE Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:30 pm  
Ornery Optimist Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:51 pm
Posts: 4708
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
It didn't. Leeds and St Helens were always going to veto it.


Who suggested there should be contact?

If that were the case,why facilitate the first large pay out?

Be nice to gain a bit more information.

I enjoy the odd horror story...
No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.
Re: ELSTONE Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:44 pm  
Ste100Centurions User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:17 pm
Posts: 2496
Huddersfield1895 wrote:
Money the game can ill afford to lose

His £400,000 a year would be better spent on the amateur game & referee training.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 70 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,125,34543678,4694,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X