WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - No Ottawa Acces in 2021

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace No Ottawa Acces in 2021

No Ottawa Acces in 2021 Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:32 pm  

User avatarBudgiezilla wrote:
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:24 pm
Posts: 8198
Location: Sefton Street, Leigh
Hardly a surprise with this global pandemic going on.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/54833261
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Re: No Ottawa Acces in 2021 Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:53 pm  

User avatarsnowie wrote:
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
Posts: 20555
So who's going to pay the few players they signed now they pulled from 2021 season, what happens to their contracts
Re: No Ottawa Acces in 2021 Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:13 pm  

User avatarBudgiezilla wrote:
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:24 pm
Posts: 8198
Location: Sefton Street, Leigh
In another article about it, said they would receive 2 months wages, and their contracts will be cancelled.
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Re: No Ottawa Acces in 2021 Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:03 am  

User avatarBent&Bongser wrote:
Bent&Bongser User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:10 am
Posts: 2053
Location: Here (But Only for the Beer)
The Euro based players surely should have sensed which way the wind was blowing as soon as TWP withdrew from the 2020 SL.

At least they might have time to find a club before the start of the 2021 season, but if any had given notice on 'day jobs' then, with all that is going on, - sharp intake of breath.

Ps: Hope you're well, Budge
Re: No Ottawa Acces in 2021 Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:05 am  

User avatarBudgiezilla wrote:
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:24 pm
Posts: 8198
Location: Sefton Street, Leigh
Bent&Bongser wrote:
The Euro based players surely should have sensed which way the wind was blowing as soon as TWP withdrew from the 2020 SL.

At least they might have time to find a club before the start of the 2021 season, but if any had given notice on 'day jobs' then, with all that is going on, - sharp intake of breath.

Ps: Hope you're well, Budge


Cheers Pal, fine thanks.....you too ! Missing your weekly prediction league on the Leigh forum :D
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Re: No Ottawa Acces in 2021 Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:14 am  

User avatarBent&Bongser wrote:
Bent&Bongser User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:10 am
Posts: 2053
Location: Here (But Only for the Beer)
Budgiezilla wrote:
Cheers Pal, fine thanks.....you too ! Missing your weekly prediction league on the Leigh forum :D


Maybe we'll have something to predict other than 12th SL team :thumb:
Re: No Ottawa Acces in 2021 Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:40 am  

Steph Curry wrote:
Steph Curry Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:07 pm
Posts: 920
Donnyman has just burst with excitement at this news!
Years in existence and average attendance

Leigh Centurions - 100+ years / Circa 3k
Wakefield Wildcats - 100+ years / Circa 4k
Toronto Wolfpack - 3 years / 9k
Re: No Ottawa Acces in 2021 Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:41 am  

ploinerrhino wrote:
ploinerrhino Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:26 am
Posts: 1463
Donnyman and a few other of us have been proved correct all along , the top and bottom of it is you just can not plonk teams from thousands of miles away and expect it to be a success . All it becomes is Millionaire play things until they become bored . All that the virus has done is bring forward the inevitable .As for players signing for Ottawa then more fool them .
Re: No Ottawa Acces in 2021 Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:24 am  

User avatarsnowie wrote:
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
Posts: 20555
This last comment on the above link of "The Aces remain a proud member of the RFL and will now concentrate efforts on the future, and focus on bringing professional rugby league to TD Place Stadium in 2022." I find cringe worthy they haven't even passed or kicked a ball yet, he knows how to tell a yarn
Re: No Ottawa Acces in 2021 Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:16 am  

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 10248
If Canada was rugby league mad as I have seen posted on social media quite a lot, then they can form their own league/leagues. Nothing stopping them.
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BESTY, Brid B&W, davids, Dirty Pretty Thing, g_balls, hooligan27, Kevin Turvey, Les Norton, ploinerrhino, rollin thunder, The Devil's Advocate, Willzay and 140 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,101,4921,38978,3404,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X