WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RLWC 2021
Re: RLWC 2021 Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:54 pm  

User avatarHopie wrote:
Hopie User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 2:20 pm
Posts: 5154
Location: Aberdeen
Technically you can't buy tickets this year, you can enter the ballot to be allocated tickets once it opens, but your seats will be allocated later. That may be fine for most, but prevented me from giving them my money.

Also of relevance, prices go up in 2021.
“You are playing a game of football this afternoon but more than that you are playing for England, and more even than that, you are playing for right versus wrong. You will win because you have to win. Don’t forget that message from home. England expects every one of you to do his duty.”
Re: RLWC 2021 Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:39 pm  

User avatarDally wrote:
Dally User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 14836
Hopie wrote:
Technically you can't buy tickets this year, you can enter the ballot to be allocated tickets once it opens, but your seats will be allocated later. That may be fine for most, but prevented me from giving them my money.

Also of relevance, prices go up in 2021.

The prices already seem pretty steep in A, B and C at a lot of venues. Given most are in the North and so likely to appeal to the existing fan base, I’m not convinced they’ll sell too well as people won’t want to be paying those prices to attend several matches, especially for non-England games. Going to need to attract new punters but I’m not convinced people will travel from the South except for the final.
Re: RLWC 2021 Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:40 pm  

User avatarDally wrote:
Dally User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 14836
Hopie wrote:
Technically you can't buy tickets this year, you can enter the ballot to be allocated tickets once it opens, but your seats will be allocated later. That may be fine for most, but prevented me from giving them my money.

Also of relevance, prices go up in 2021.


The prices already seem pretty steep in A, B and C at a lot of venues. Given most are in the North and so likely to appeal to the existing fan base, I’m not convinced they’ll sell too well as people won’t want to be paying those prices to attend several matches, especially for non-England games. Going to need to attract new punters but I’m not convinced people will travel from the South except for the final.
Re: RLWC 2021 Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:17 am  

Egg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 1640
Location: Watching Rugby League
Steep? They want £70 to watch England play Greece. I'd call that daylight robbery/rank stupidity
Re: RLWC 2021 Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:25 am  
MorePlaymakersNeeded Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:51 am
Posts: 2281
Egg Chasing wrote:
Steep? They want £70 to watch England play Greece. I'd call that daylight robbery/rank stupidity


They start at £15, from what I've seen.
Re: RLWC 2021 Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:36 pm  

Egg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 1640
Location: Watching Rugby League
MorePlaymakersNeeded wrote:
They start at £15, from what I've seen.


So we'll sell a load of the £15 tickets (behind the goal i assume) none of the £70 tickets (on the side) and have the camera aimed at an empty stand.
Re: RLWC 2021 Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:17 pm  

User avatarDally wrote:
Dally User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 14836
Egg Chasing wrote:
Steep? They want £70 to watch England play Greece. I'd call that daylight robbery/rank stupidity


I used to always get the most expensive tickets until that World Cup Final at OT years ago. We were given the worst seats in the house and then they let people in on the day for £10 to try to boost the crowd and they had great seats. After that I’ve always bought cheaper tickets on principle.
Re: RLWC 2021 Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:35 pm  
MorePlaymakersNeeded Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:51 am
Posts: 2281
Egg Chasing wrote:
So we'll sell a load of the £15 tickets (behind the goal i assume) none of the £70 tickets (on the side) and have the camera aimed at an empty stand.


You can spend your money however you like EC, I was just pointing out that you can attend this fixture (should you be able to do so) without spending £70 on a ticket.
Re: RLWC 2021 Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:49 pm  

Egg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 1640
Location: Watching Rugby League
MorePlaymakersNeeded wrote:
You can spend your money however you like EC, I was just pointing out that you can attend this fixture (should you be able to do so) without spending £70 on a ticket.


I'm aware of that yes, and I'm not arguing or looking to argue, my point (or more my opinion) is that for this game, £70 should include hospitality. This is the sort of game that we should play at a stadium like Leigh that holds 10k, not one that holds 40k and has tickets at £70.
Re: RLWC 2021 Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:15 pm  
MorePlaymakersNeeded Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:51 am
Posts: 2281
Egg Chasing wrote:
I'm aware of that yes, and I'm not arguing or looking to argue, my point (or more my opinion) is that for this game, £70 should include hospitality. This is the sort of game that we should play at a stadium like Leigh that holds 10k, not one that holds 40k and has tickets at £70.


Neither am I looking to argue, and take your point that £70 for the best seats does seem steep, but we can all choose how much were willing to spend. Take your point about hospitality that could have been a way of selling more top end tickets. However, making a profit over the entire tournament would make this undesirable from the RFL's point of view.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dally, Hopie, Jack Napier, Jason65, Khlav Kalash, reffy, Willzay and 92 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,085,9721,14378,2894,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!



X