WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Cup Final Chat Today from 14:00 ----->>>

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Cup Final Chat Today from 14:00 ----->>>

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Cracking final and excellent game of RL.
Shame about the lack of fans and Leeds proved to be just a bit smarter when it mattered.
Surely, they should have taken a DG near the end ??

User avatardjango wrote:
django User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Dally wrote:
PTB decision correct but Prior does it just 3 tackles later and isn’t penalised. Bizarre.

According to the ref the Salford one was a penalty because he'd surrendered.

User avatarDally wrote:
Dally User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

It was uplifting to see Kevin Sinfield so excited in his post-match interview!
The Devil's Advocate User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I enjoyed that, an even contest with some well constructed tries from Leeds & some great off the cuff stuff from Salford (the first one was a peach)

Shame Salford couldn't hang on, but the way Watson's got 'em playing, there's always next year.

A special mention for agent Donaldson, good effort lad.
Dominic Cummings & The E.R.G. - The real enemies of the people.

Liam Fox 2017: “The free trade agreement that we will have to do with the European Union should be one of the easiest in human history.”

Levrier wrote:
Levrier Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

django wrote:
According to the ref the Salford one was a penalty because he'd surrendered.

I do not have a problem with that call but it is a shame that the same was not done for other surrender tackles earlier in the game. There are a whole host of rules/laws that only get implemented when the ref feels like it. I am not a Salford fan so I was only marginally annoyed to see Robert Lui looking over his shoulder and shuffling left and right to stop Salford players making a challenge on the fullback and he did that every time the ball went up.
MorePlaymakersNeeded Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Absorbing final. Penalty on Pauli Pauli for not getting to his feet before playing the ball, was a very big call and ultimately, cost Salford the game. Although, Inu should not have ran it on the last at the very end.

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Wigg'n wrote:
I thought so too. Weirdly the touch judge was 2 or 3 yards back.

Not weirdly. That is the best angle for seeing whether the player is in touch. Watch any try close to the corner and the TJ will be stood back from it. If you're right over the top of it you can't see the ball and the foot at the same time, so can't judge touch. The pass is the ref's call there.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Dally wrote:
It was uplifting to see Kevin Sinfield so excited in his post-match interview!

Aye, he'd make a great poker player. :wink:

Wigg'n wrote:
Wigg'n Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Grimmy wrote:
Not weirdly. That is the best angle for seeing whether the player is in touch. Watch any try close to the corner and the TJ will be stood back from it. If you're right over the top of it you can't see the ball and the foot at the same time, so can't judge touch. The pass is the ref's call there.

And yet it still always gets referred to the VR when available.
Previous