WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Covid within Rugby League

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Covid within Rugby League

Re: Covid within Rugby League Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:17 am  

User avatarryano wrote:
ryano User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Geography is my guess. There's been plenty of cases in Scottish football.
"Arguably the best Rugby League side certainly in the last 40 years!" Phil Clarke.
Re: Covid within Rugby League Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:20 pm  

Jack Burton wrote:
Jack Burton Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Saddened! wrote:
I'd just put it down to a lack of professionalism from those involved. The NRL, football have strict bubbles set up. The player know where they are allowed to go and they largely comply. Where they don't it's a scandal as we've seen.

In Super League, I don't think there are any strict measure in place. I've seen Warrington players at the Tesco garage near me with no mask on and I've seen a Super League player I won't mention being thrown out of a pub blind drunk. Players from different clubs are visiting each other and playing golf together. All permitted under the national rules, but they should hardly be surprised if they're hit with a positive test given all the people they are in contact with will have families and kids in school etc.

Really? There's loads of cases every week in football. RL players can't even celebrate trys. In football the whole team gets into a group hug everytime they score..
Re: Covid within Rugby League Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:38 pm  
MorePlaymakersNeeded Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Saddened! wrote:
I'd just put it down to a lack of professionalism from those involved. The NRL, football have strict bubbles set up. The player know where they are allowed to go and they largely comply. Where they don't it's a scandal as we've seen.

In Super League, I don't think there are any strict measure in place. I've seen Warrington players at the Tesco garage near me with no mask on and I've seen a Super League player I won't mention being thrown out of a pub blind drunk. Players from different clubs are visiting each other and playing golf together. All permitted under the national rules, but they should hardly be surprised if they're hit with a positive test given all the people they are in contact with will have families and kids in school etc.

So how come we haven't seen an outcome like the one at Sale RU?
Re: Covid within Rugby League Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:17 am  

FlexWheeler wrote:
FlexWheeler Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Combination of geography and lack of professionalism in certain cases I'm guessing.

I could be wrong but certain clubs seem to have more cases than others. Again geography, but for example saints are in a high risk area and I don't remember them having hardly any issues, and you'd expect their professionalism to be second to none.
''I'm the most intelligent man here and I intend to keep us alive''

''The most intelligent, is that a fact?''

''it is, sheriff has a wife, so does Mr Odwyer, and you're a widower''

''Yeah, what does that have to do with anything?''

.......''smart men don't get married''
Previous