WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - York city knights looking really good

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace York city knights looking really good

York city knights looking really good Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:42 am  

Donnyman wrote:
Donnyman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

https://www.totalrl.com/knights-and-day ... s-of-york/

Here we go. We're short of at least one well backed go forward club in Superleague so give them the go now?

Or make them play off with £Millionaire Kurdi's Newcastle.

Or put them both in and get rid of a "village" club if you want to be like that :D

What is it this game wants? It's wealthy owners of city based clubs in places where the game has a good foothold. They are right under Elstone's nose..........
Re: York city knights looking really good Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:09 am  

Mr Dog wrote:
Mr Dog Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Donnyman wrote:
https://www.totalrl.com/knights-and-day-the-remarkable-progress-of-york/

Here we go. We're short of at least one well backed go forward club in Superleague so give them the go now?

Or put them both in and get rid of a "village" club if you want to be like that :D

What is it this game wants? It's wealthy owners of city based clubs in places where the game has a good foothold. They are right under Elstone's nose..........

Wish I had £1 for every time York RLFC have been touted as going places over the years.....
Re: York city knights looking really good Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:56 pm  

User avatarPumpetypump wrote:
Pumpetypump User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Mr Dog wrote:
Wish I had £1 for every time York RLFC have been touted as going places over the years.....

I'd have about £3 so presumably you've been around a lot more people that talk about York than me. They were off my radar a bit until Bradford went down to the bottom division, but the games between us were great and they seem a well coached team who are on the up. I wish them well.
Re: York city knights looking really good Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:29 am  

Donnyman wrote:
Free-scoring winger

Mr Dog wrote:

I'm happy to give you the £1 for when they moved out of York and into the awful Ryedale Stadium not that that was exactly "Going places" Not that I think that counts.

What counts is when the ground is REAL and likely to boost attendances and the owner is likely to boost the quality of the team. That is already happening (crowds well up and York well up the Championship}. perhaps you can give us references to the many false dawns for York over the years? Links please?

Then we also have the demise of the soccer club which is bound to help. I wish I had £1 for every mean spirited reply...............
Re: York city knights looking really good Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:24 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Pumpetypump wrote:
I'd have about £3 so presumably you've been around a lot more people that talk about York than me. They were off my radar a bit until Bradford went down to the bottom division, but the games between us were great and they seem a well coached team who are on the up. I wish them well.

They did look well set for a while but, pre lockdown, just like Bradford or Newcastle, you wouldn't have put them as promotion contenders.
Assuming that the game is played in the lower leagues next season, they may make progress and like you, I wish them well but, in a straight line its going to take a few seasons for all 3 of these clubs to make progress.
Leigh, Widnes, London, Toulouse are all some way in front of them and will take some moving from the top end of the Championship and there may or may not be some N .American clubs back in the fray.

Should make for a competitive league though and lets just hope they are all alive, kicking and playing RL in 2021
Re: York city knights looking really good Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:20 pm  
Ornery Optimist Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Donnyman wrote:
https://www.totalrl.com/knights-and-day-the-remarkable-progress-of-york/

Absolutely brilliant.
They don't have a reserve side and don't produce players.
Sign a load of players over 30 yrs of age.
Yet you spend an inordinate amount of time starting threads criticising overseas clubs for the same reasons.
Absolute gold.
No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.
Re: York city knights looking really good Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:16 am  
rollin thunder Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Ornery Optimist wrote:
Absolutely brilliant.
Yet you spend an inordinate amount of time starting threads criticising overseas clubs for the same reasons.
Absolute gold.

No TV deal or converted umpa lumpas from the Chocolate factory either. Bad bad bad.
Re: York city knights looking really good Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:25 am  

Donnyman wrote:
Free-scoring winger

Ornery Optimist wrote:

They don't produce players.

"And perhaps the most telling factor of all is the signing of youngsters starting to emerge from the Knights’ own player pathway, which Ford and Flatman are hugely focused on".

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: York city knights looking really good Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:56 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Ornery Optimist wrote:
Absolutely brilliant.
Absolute gold.

It's ok, 'cos they're English. It's just the foreigners he doesn't like :oops:

More than happy to see them progress but, despite the optimism from the op, they have a long way to go,
Re: York city knights looking really good Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:14 am  

User avatarWanderer wrote:
Wanderer User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Good luck to York, they certainly seem to have been heading in the right direction pre-Covid.

As for Newcastle, I really don't see how they are any more ready for SL than for example (the Club I support) Doncaster, who have historically stated aspirations of progressing through the leagues but who I would freely accept are far from ready as things stand.
Next