WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Fastest player
Re: Fastest player Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:50 pm  

User avatardany1979 wrote:
dany1979 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Really shocked after tonight, would say Marshall now.
Re: Fastest player Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:12 am  
Freddie Miller. Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

snowie wrote:
Senior out pacing grace who would of thought that

Grace made no impression on him which was a surprise and he appeared to give up. One who impressed on the chase was Bentley who ran a diagonal line in an attempt to reach him.
Re: Fastest player Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:44 am  

wigsey wrote:
wigsey Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

In boxing terms Innes Senior is the Lineal champion. He beat the champ (Regan Grace).
Re: Fastest player Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:42 pm  

User avatarKennedy wrote:
Kennedy User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

snowie wrote:

I know, Keith is 44 years old. :)
Re: Fastest player Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:33 pm  
48756c6c20 524c4643 User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

CM Punk wrote:
Anyone who gets tackled on a break by Tony Clubb is automatically disqualified from further consideration. :lol:

Really?
12 seconds from tryline to tryline slowing up the last 10m carrying a ball is seriously fast.
Re: Fastest player Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:49 pm  

Steph Curry wrote:
Steph Curry Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

wigsey wrote:
In boxing terms Innes Senior is the Lineal champion. He beat the champ (Regan Grace).

They can add that to Tom Johnstone winning the most popular winger in Wakefield award, the year that Makinson won the best player in the world award
Years in existence and average attendance

Leigh Centurions - 100+ years / Circa 3k
Wakefield Wildcats - 100+ years / Circa 4k
Toronto Wolfpack - 3 years / 9k
Re: Fastest player Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:49 pm  

User avatarThe Avenger wrote:
The Avenger User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

snowie wrote:

Didn’t just outpace him, he took his wallet, patted him on the head and then took 5m off him while carrying the ball.

On the other wing, Tom Johnstone is the fastest Winger in the U.K. IMO
He stuffed Liam Marshall last year and almost set him on fire as he left him in his wake, he’s way quicker than Grace and did Meade over 80 metres as well!
Re: Fastest player Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:16 am  
little wayne69 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Steph Curry wrote:
They can add that to Tom Johnstone winning the most popular winger in Wakefield award, the year that Makinson won the best player in the world award

Just think how good Tom Johnstone could really be if he played in that Saints side.
Re: Fastest player Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:47 am  

Trojan Horse wrote:
Trojan Horse Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

little wayne69 wrote:
Steph Curry wrote:

Just think how good Tom Johnstone could really be if he played in that Saints side.

As a wakey fan I absolutely hate to say this but if Johnstone were to go to a team like Saints he would kill it every week. Makinson got 2/3 beautiful passes off Coote Leaving him with space and 2 on 1 situations.
I honestly can’t remember Tom getting 1 ball like that all season. Every try he’s made hes had to work hard for or come up with a worldie.

What I wouldn’t give to see him outside Coote coming into the line and players like Lomax and Roby around him.

The lad is just too good for us. Despite most of the team struggling to make 2 yards he was taking it up the middle and making more yards than our props. It’s great to watch him but when you have two full backs at halfback and a full back who doesn’t seem to be able to join the line and create an overlap his talents been wasted presently.
Top six 2005 - Trinity.
Re: Fastest player Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:23 am  
little wayne69 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Trojan Horse wrote:
As a wakey fan I absolutely hate to say this but if Johnstone were to go to a team like Saints he would kill it every week. Makinson got 2/3 beautiful passes off Coote Leaving him with space and 2 on 1 situations.
I honestly can’t remember Tom getting 1 ball like that all season. Every try he’s made hes had to work hard for or come up with a worldie.

What I wouldn’t give to see him outside Coote coming into the line and players like Lomax and Roby around him.

The lad is just too good for us. Despite most of the team struggling to make 2 yards he was taking it up the middle and making more yards than our props. It’s great to watch him but when you have two full backs at halfback and a full back who doesn’t seem to be able to join the line and create an overlap his talents been wasted presently.

My point exactly,
PreviousNext