WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Woolford
Woolford Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:18 am  
rollin thunder Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

https://www.superleague.co.uk/article/1 ... ves-giants

Looks like he was pushed slightly. Not a particularly good coach, hopefully they replace him with a Uk coach

Surprised this has not been mentioned. But seen as the VT is mainly one long anti Toronto expansion thread now, “real RL stories” are not that important..
Re: Woolford Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:05 am  
Fantastic Mr Catpiss 100% League Network
100% League Network

he was doing ok, i was surprised that they let him go considering how long they've held on to coaches in the past.

However, word doing the rounds was he'/his agent had suggested they didn't want to extend his contract beyond this year, so chances are thats why he got pushed.
Re: Woolford Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:19 pm  
rollin thunder Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Fantastic Mr Catpiss wrote:
he was doing ok, i was surprised that they let him go considering how long they've held on to coaches in the past.

However, word doing the rounds was he'/his agent had suggested they didn't want to extend his contract beyond this year, so chances are thats why he got pushed.

Heard same not wanting to extend contract, but also heard the club were not happy with performances after good recruitment.

Danny Ward rumoured replacement.
Re: Woolford Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:49 pm  

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

I thought he was building a nice steady side that would only get better with experience. Seems a bit harsh.
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
Re: Woolford Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:30 pm  

Alffi_7 wrote:
Alffi_7 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Willzay wrote:
I thought he was building a nice steady side that would only get better with experience. Seems a bit harsh.

Not if he didn't want to stay on after this year anyway? Gives the club and Woolford himself time to find the right next move for themselves without that fear of relegation.