WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Donnyman expansion discussion threads merged

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Donnyman expansion discussion threads merged

Re: Plans for TWP's replacement Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:26 am  

IR80 wrote:
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

The Silent H wrote:
I don't know why you bother, he'll never answer.

true, I should just ignore the trolling twerp.
Re: Plans for TWP's replacement Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:48 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Donnyman wrote:
Toulouse don't run a player development system. Read the criteria :wink:

I'm sure that you can email them your criteria, they are sure to be really interested.
Do you have a link to the AGREED criteria or, are we going on press cuttings and you tube clips (again).

If the Championship isn't going to be played, which looks highly unlikely, there are 2 candidates.
Either Toulouse, who are top of the Championship at present or, Fev, who were beaten finalists last season.

Anything else would be open to all sorts of questions and possible legal issues from clubs that believe that they had been "overlooked".

Voting a club into the league, even by an "independent" panel looks fraught.

Mind you, this is rugby league and the silver bullet will be sought, again.
Re: Plans for TWP's replacement Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:44 am  

The Silent H wrote:
The Silent H Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Toulouse run a team in Elite 1. That is effectively a Reserves side and development of players.

More than what some English teams do, especially when you consider dual reg.

As they say though, don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.
Re: Plans for TWP's replacement Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:53 am  

User avatarCokey wrote:
Cokey User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
IR80 wrote:
true, I should just ignore the trolling twerp.

Your words. :lol: :lol:

IR80 wrote:
does disagreeing with someone make that individual a troll?

NO

Re: Plans for TWP's replacement Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:53 pm  

IR80 wrote:
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Cokey wrote:
Your words. :lol: :lol:

There's a fundamental difference when all someone posts is made up in their head, passed off as fact.
Re: Plans for TWP's replacement Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:08 pm  

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Let’s say Toronto keep their place for 2021. How are they going to field a team? Whose going to sign for them after what’s gone on?
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
Re: Plans for TWP's replacement Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:01 pm  

Leon Ashton wrote:
Leon Ashton Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Would GH be supportive of Fev in SL? It might prevent him from using them as Rhinos reserves.
Re: Plans for TWP's replacement Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:15 pm  
little wayne69 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Leon Ashton wrote:
Would GH be supportive of Fev in SL? It might prevent him from using them as Rhinos reserves.

I think you might find it works for both clubs.
Re: Plans for TWP's replacement Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:03 pm  

User avatarJTCFJG wrote:
JTCFJG User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Donnyman wrote:
Mr. Hetherington is calling for an independent panel to choose a club for promotion to Superleague 2021 to take the12th. place.

Criteria include Good finances, Good Stadium, Decent (paying) attendances, good commercial potential and player production system.....

Who will it be?

Should clearly be Fev. They fit all that criteria.
'Great defence, always wins games, y'only have to score one more point than them. If tha does, tha'll win, if that doesn't tha'll lose, learn from it, more than the win last week.'. Peter Fox, 1980.
Re: Plans for TWP's replacement Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:58 pm  

Donnyman wrote:
Donnyman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

little wayne69 wrote:
Twp as you say are disposing of their whole super league squad, unfortunately for you that MIGHT not stop them recruiting for next season with encouragement from the RFL, which I understand your point of view as it will leave you devoid of any reasonable excuse to pour out your usual diatribe of anti expansionism.

OK Wayne, here's the situation, Argyle is the sole owner of a club he pumped £18Million into.

With £18Million Wayne I would trust you and me would be equally capable of finding a ground, inventing a club (how about Mansfield :lol:) and buying up players to get to Superleague. Once there though it would be a different situation

That's what Argyle has found out so he's out. He's going. As Martyn Sadler said today in his Total RL Express & Rugby Leaguer "It seems unlikely that Argyle will be the owner of the woolpack for much longer"

So if he's not there who is going to "Recruit for next season with encouragement from the RFL"

Your mistake is to refer to TWP as a club which they are not. They are just a plaything the $Billionaire tossed aside once he got bored, and that my friend is NOT expansion...........

Expansion was clearly defined early on when Perez conceded to Dave Woods that expansion meant expanding the player pool, it meant expanding the TV revenues. TWP expanded nothing but travel costs.

And here's the bottom line, when the phoney TWP replaced the real club London Broncos Superleague[b] contracted from 11 English clubs to only 10 English clubs.[/b] People completely forget if a so called expansion club doesn't expand the player base or the TV money once it gets into Superleague it only pushes a real club out.

This is why London must be given their SL place back.
PreviousNext