WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Donnyman expansion discussion threads merged

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Donnyman expansion discussion threads merged

Re: Plans for TWP's replacement Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:33 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

little wayne69 wrote:
I'd vote for Toulouse, it would make a better Anglo French league, plus it would also get up the OP's nose.

Me too :lol:
Re: Plans for TWP's replacement Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:38 am  

IR80 wrote:
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Donnyman wrote:
Mr. Hetherington is calling for an independent panel to choose a club for promotion to Superleague 2021 to take the12th. place.

Criteria include Good finances, Good Stadium, Decent (paying) attendances, good commercial potential and player production system.....

Who will it be?

Out of interest, where did you find out what Gary thinks or is calling for?
Re: Plans for TWP's replacement Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:48 am  

Donnyman wrote:
Donnyman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

little wayne69 wrote:
There's a lot of water to go under the bridge before next season in their case with all the issues they have at the moment, maybe it would solve some problems for the RFL if they did stay up.

:lol: You've been reeled in yet again Wayne. TWP are disposing of their whole SL squad at this very moment. The question about then carrying on is about them carrying on in the championship or league, whichever one they get demoted to as a punishment for not completing this season.

He got you!!
Re: Plans for TWP's replacement Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:49 am  

IR80 wrote:
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Donnyman wrote:
:lol: You've been reeled in yet again Wayne. TWP are disposing of their whole SL squad at this very moment. The question about then carrying on is about them carrying on in the championship or league, whichever one they get demoted to as a punishment for not completing this season.

He got you!!

not answering the question, again?
Re: Plans for TWP's replacement Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:05 am  

Donnyman wrote:
Cheeky half-back

fartown since 1961 wrote:
Toulouse or London shouldn’t be a traditional or M62 club an expansion team to replace an expansion team seems only fair.....

TWP weren't an expansion team my friend. Even Perez defined expansion as new player pools and more TV deals. Neither happened.

Which is probably a small part of the reason they gave up.

London is the "fair" choice as they were the ones kicked out for an incapable guest club. I would go for them all day.....
Re: Plans for TWP's replacement Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:08 am  

Donnyman wrote:
Cheeky half-back

wrencat1873 wrote:
Me too :lol:

Toulouse don't run a player development system. Read the criteria :wink:
Re: Plans for TWP's replacement Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:26 am  

Donnyman wrote:
Cheeky half-back

Budgiezilla wrote:
If it happens although I can't see it, as a Leigh fan (with the player production taken into consideration also) I'd go for Widnes.

Well if we are in joke mood I would go for Ottawa. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But your right that Leigh do not have the "player production" but they could sign up a reserves side.

This was what Lenegan asked of certain clubs who may harbour SL ambitions when it came to the new deal 2022. He wanted to see them run reserves and that included Bradford, Widnes, London and Newcastle. They all responded. I'd say it's logical that Superleague will be looking for a club not to fill in, but be full participants longer term so I'd put London favourites then Widnes...Bradford and Newcastle may have some way to go yet.

If SL would accept Leigh if they signed up a reserves side there's a chance.
Re: Plans for TWP's replacement Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:06 am  

IR80 wrote:
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Donnyman wrote:
Well if we are in joke mood I would go for Ottawa. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But your right that Leigh do not have the "player production" but they could sign up a reserves side.

This was what Lenegan asked of certain clubs who may harbour SL ambitions when it came to the new deal 2022. He wanted to see them run reserves and that included Bradford, Widnes, London and Newcastle. They all responded. I'd say it's logical that Superleague will be looking for a club not to fill in, but be full participants longer term so I'd put London favourites then Widnes...Bradford and Newcastle may have some way to go yet.

If SL would accept Leigh if they signed up a reserves side there's a chance.

Where do you get this fanciful idea that Lenegan makes the rules for SL entry?
Re: Plans for TWP's replacement Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:18 am  

The Silent H wrote:
The Silent H Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

IR80 wrote:
Where do you get this fanciful idea that Lenegan makes the rules for SL entry?

I don't know why you bother, he'll never answer.
Re: Plans for TWP's replacement Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:21 am  
little wayne69 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Donnyman wrote:

He got you!!

Reeled in by who exactly? If you hadn't dissected my post to suit your agenda you don't have anything to come back with, what I said which you well know is, that perhaps it might be better and less troublesome for the RFL if they came back in super league thus avoiding championship clubs falling out amongst themselves as to who got first dibs, which in all fairness to the RFL would be virtually impossible to decide without showing favouritism. Twp as you say are disposing of their whole super league squad, it doesn't take an email to you from Lenagan to tell you that as it's well documented in the press, unfortunately for you that MIGHT not stop them recruiting for next season with encouragement from the RFL, which I understand your point of view as it will leave you devoid of any reasonable excuse to pour out your usual diatribe of anti expansionism. So presumably you have heard first hand from Lenagan and I say this because you talk about him as though you are in day to day conversation with him that it's definite Twp will be demoted to the championship or league 1, as per I think your just blagging your way through as lets face it your not sure which league they're going into, oh nearly forgot, who is it whose got me? certainly not you cock, toast eh, you'd be out of your depth in a car park puddle :lol:
PreviousNext