WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - "New" York heads for Superleague

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace "New" York heads for Superleague

"New" York heads for Superleague Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:20 am  

Donnyman wrote:
Donnyman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/yo ... e-in-2021/

For those with a desire for a real change in the old guard, nothing phoney about this New York.
Re: "New" York heads for Superleague Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:31 am  

Someday wrote:
Someday Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Good for York keep the good work up
Re: "New" York heads for Superleague Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:39 am  

The Silent H wrote:
The Silent H Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Toulouse also signalled their intentions for '21.

Will hopefully be a competitive year.
Re: "New" York heads for Superleague Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:52 am  

User avatarsnowie wrote:
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Nice to see that this York side has a team of players and an owner unlike the other phoney one, doubt you'll see many flat cappers and whippets in York if that's what the so called expansionist want to stay clear of
Re: "New" York heads for Superleague Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:54 pm  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Great place for a pre match or post match beer and nice and easy to get to .
Good luck to them.
Re: "New" York heads for Superleague Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:04 pm  

User avatarsnowie wrote:
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

wrencat1873 wrote:
Great place for a pre match or post match beer and nice and easy to get to .
Good luck to them.
if I was given the choice of visiting New York or York in would choose the latter every time, beautiful green villages surrounding a relaxed historical city with charm compared to a concrete jungle of skyscrapers and hustling environment, I never see the fascination of wanting to go there.
Re: "New" York heads for Superleague Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:13 pm  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

snowie wrote:
if I was given the choice of visiting New York or York in would choose the latter every time, beautiful green villages surrounding a relaxed historical city with charm compared to a concrete jungle of skyscrapers and hustling environment, I never see the fascination of wanting to go there.

New York is a fantastic City, no doubt about it but, to travel their for a regular round of SL, whilst ok for a one off, just isn't right.
I know that the op is absolutely anti overseas clubs, which I'm not but, N. America (and America) is just not practical for the weekly fixtures and that's before we get into the effects of Covid and possible travel restrictions both now and in the Future.
Catalan, on the other hand have been good for SL and it's a great place for a long weekend, as is Toulouse.

York, just like all the other promotion wanabe's just need to gain promotion.

As we all know, getting into SL and stating there is very difficult and with one up, one down, any promoted club are usually favourites for a quick return to the Championship.
Re: "New" York heads for Superleague Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:43 pm  

Donnyman wrote:
Cheeky half-back

snowie wrote:
Nice to see that this York side has a team of players and an owner unlike the other phoney one, doubt you'll see many flat cappers and whippets in York if that's what the so called expansionist want to stay clear of

Nice to see you steer completely clear of the Fisherman above your first post :D

The new ground looks great, and some top class SL additions can put them up there as well, a fantastic day on offer for visiting fans great stuff from Mr. Flatman. Are you old enough to remember York playing Wigan in the RL cup semi's? Last bit of glory before a long hard struggle. Great to see them come good again.
Re: "New" York heads for Superleague Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:26 pm  

User avatarBudgiezilla wrote:
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Go for it York !
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Re: "New" York heads for Superleague Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:33 pm  

Donnyman wrote:
Cheeky half-back

wrencat1873 wrote:

New York is a fantastic City,

Catalan, have been good for SL - it's a great place for a long weekend, as is Toulouse.

And Barcelona, Vancouver, Rome and Amsterdam are fantastic cities and great places as well... But what on earth has that got do do with Rugby League?

i would not go to Warrington, Wigan, St.Helens, Hull or Leeds for a "Holiday break" but when it comes to Rugby League these are the great places to go.....