WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RFL and Superleague no longer re-merging

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace RFL and Superleague no longer re-merging

RFL and Superleague no longer re-merging Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:34 am  

Donnyman wrote:
Donnyman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Aaron Bower reports that Superleague and the RFL are now no longer going to re-join forces to create a re-unified game. RL minded lawyer Richard Cramer wrote a bit back that they would need to do this to get Government money, but it now appears that as they got that money they have now backed off joining with the RFL. It was not a unanimous vote.

I didn't see how Rimmer flagging through New York and Ottawa ever made sense if Superleague had gained a say by reunification, but it now is clear Rimmer was and continues to do his own thing. Superleagues cancellation of P & R is them doing their own thing and Bower's anlysis is that Superleague don't want Rimmer as part of any negotiations.

Those negotiations appear to be "Well underway". Bower didn't say whether it was to be a Transatlanticontinental League, or that it was going to be re-focusing on English clubs, so we can still "dare to dream".

Steph Curry wrote:
Steph Curry Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

You couldn’t make this up! For months and months donnyman (without any evidence I may add) has told us and told us and told us, that the big 3 (mcmanus, leneghan and moran) didn’t want Toronto in SL yet here we are and all 3 voted to keep Toronto in SL

This is why he is nothing but a massive troll and you all keep falling for It!!!
Years in existence and average attendance

Leigh Centurions - 100+ years / Circa 3k
Wakefield Wildcats - 100+ years / Circa 4k
Toronto Wolfpack - 3 years / 9k

Someday wrote:
Someday Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Steph Curry wrote:
You couldn’t make this up! For months and months donnyman (without any evidence I may add) has told us and told us and told us, that the big 3 (mcmanus, leneghan and moran) didn’t want Toronto in SL yet here we are and all 3 voted to keep Toronto in SL

This is why he is nothing but a massive troll and you all keep falling for It!!!

And your not idiot

Donnyman wrote:
Donnyman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Someday wrote:
And your not idiot

Thanks for seeing off the usual baiting.........

The plan was called a "Re-mergence of Superleague and the RFL" and the vote was split as seven SL clubs wanted to continue to go it alone, and five clubs wanted to get back to one governing body. That reads to some as though five clubs want to run back into Ralph Rimmers arms admitting Superleague was never a great idea.

It may be more of the case that Superleague want to re-merge so they can make the decisions for the whole game. Anyway Richard Cramer the RL minded Lawyer pointed out the game may not get Government funding for the current crisis if the Government saw it as a split game. Pretty quickly there were big noises on re-unification, then the government the money came and all of a sudden it's off the table.

I think of a mate of mine who organises amateur RL talking about going to Red Hall in the old days under Nigel wood and all the staff they had busying away. Now a visit to the RFL is to largely empty offices and a skeleton staff. If the vote was 5-7 then maybe SL will take over the RFL nearer the 2022 deal....