WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Future of the Game

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Future of the Game

Re: Future of the Game Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:17 am  
little wayne69 Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:45 pm
Posts: 5138
Donnyman wrote:
Why ask me? You clearly didn't like me coming on here trying to discuss the game instead of all the nasty petty personal battles that ruin each thread?

I'm asking you simply because it's your post I'm replying to, instead of dodging the questions I posed why don't you just answer them instead of fudging them by saying every thing on my part is of a personal nature by insulting you, I couldn't give a toss whether you post on here or not, but by doing so don't expect people to agree with you all the time, if your not happy press the report button squire.
Donnyman wrote:
I don't "Imply" anything it was clearly reported that Livolsi did not want to bankroll Toronto Wolfpack without a guarantee he would be doing this in the Superleague in the coming seasons (plural). It appears to have slipped everyone's notice that Toronto Wolfpack didn't have a playing squad adequate to handle Superleague last year and given they have lost players and lost the trust of probably most players still open to signing for them they will be odds on the be battered every week in 2021 and favourites to be relegated.

You started your post by saying Livolsi was demanding a three year run in super league and then you said Livolsi was just asking for a guarantee of a 3 year run in super league I asked you which it was, well?, I'm sure Toronto's short comings and the risk of being battered every week as well as being strong favourites for relegation have not been overlooked by anybody, as this was not mentioned in your post it's irrelevant really and I have no interest in Toronto anyway.
Donnyman wrote:
Why should Livolsi want to invest $$Millions in that? Don't you think Argyle chucked it in because he'd gone from winning all the time to losing? Or do you swallow the idea a $Billionaire who spent only $Millions on them was financially ruined by Covid? You tell me how that actually worked? SO Yes Livolsi wants a guarantee to be playing in SL 2021, 2022 & 2023 to give him chance to build the squad back up competetive levels.
Mr, Beaumont may point out his relegated Leigh team didn't get any such special treatment and didn't even come bottom when they were in Superleage. Currently Mr. Beaumont is offering to invest more heavily in his team if Superleague want a 12th. club that can compete.

Why are you waffling on about Argyle and the money he's spent, are you obsessed with money because every post of yours turns round to him and his lost millions, he's gone move on dude!! as for Mr Beaumont and his outfit good luck to him, if anybody deserves another go then it's him, just one request if I may, please don't use my post where I quote you as an excuse to accuse me of insulting you and then go on to impart your outdated rhetoric, use your own thread for that :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: Future of the Game Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:17 am  

Donnyman wrote:
Donnyman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:28 am
Posts: 1763
little wayne69 wrote:
I'm asking you simply because........


The question can be used for more of the never ending childish personal digs, I know it's hard to do but do try to talk Rugby League.........
Last edited by Donnyman on Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Future of the Game Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:22 am  

Donnyman wrote:
Donnyman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:28 am
Posts: 1763
The Silent H wrote:
What you want is to.....................


:lol: :lol: :lol: My point exactly attack the poster when you can't attack the post......Grow up.
Last edited by Donnyman on Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Future of the Game Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:49 am  

Donnyman wrote:
Donnyman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:28 am
Posts: 1763
wrencat1873 wrote:

Has he actually signed them or saying that he will/could ? As for Toronto (or any other club that may be "promoted"), they would have to sign a whole raft of players in order to try and compete in the top flight, which would make staying in the top flight extremely difficult.Assembling a squad, pre season training, which for most clubs will start within just a few weeks of the current season ending makes it one hell of an uphill battle and all this without the usual S/T revenue - a problem for every club in SL, .


Thanks for a civil and sensible post actually about the current situation.

On Leigh Beaumont has signed several quality players already to strengthen a bid to win the championship. Beaumont has said he will invest in more quality players if his offer to make up Superleague to the full 12 clubs is accepted.

In terms of Toronto themselves and their bid to be accepted back into Superleague I have read this morning that November 2nd. is the date when SL clubs will make a decision.

The Article from Matthew Shaw was brief but confirmed Toronto are pretty much insisting they want a share of the SKY money. Not sure myself about this, IIRC Argylle spent £10,000,000 bankrolling TWP and SKY money would have only been a drop in that ocean. Livolsi seems to make it a point in principle?

The only change I can see (again it was an article sparse on detail - maybe this WAS the only detail) is that Livolsi/Toronto Wolfpack have accepted that they must face a penalty for walking away from Superleague early season and they say they will accept a TWO league points penalty for next year.

This appears to withdraw their demand for a free three year run in Superleague that IMHO was never ever going to happen. Anyway that's what was reported and it's pretty much an offer to behave, to take any relegation medicine but in return be accepted as a equal and given TV money as an equal.

My view is Perez will have been talking to Livolsi and Hunter, because as was said about the Superleaue investigation into Toronto the whole North American thing must be considered. In short i took that to mean if Toronto were barred then there would be no point to Ottawa and New York.

And if you think about it if Toronto go down 2021 as they surely would, and Ottawa go up 2021 as they are outspending all other C1 clubs, we then may get two all Canadian Derby games in the Championship. 2022 we can watch Ottawa.v.Toronto Wolfpack and Wolfpack.v.Ottawa. Again I think Perez is behind TWP's fight to stay in Superleague.

And if they are still asking too much to stay in Superleague would they then concede relegation to the Championship as the penalty? As has been pointed out TWP being booted out will have a massive effect on Ottawa......... Thoughts??
Re: Future of the Game Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:22 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 15247
Donnyman wrote:
Thanks for a civil and sensible post actually about the current situation.

On Leigh Beaumont has signed several quality players already to strengthen a bid to win the championship. Beaumont has said he will invest in more quality players if his offer to make up Superleague to the full 12 clubs is accepted.

In terms of Toronto themselves and their bid to be accepted back into Superleague I have read this morning that November 2nd. is the date when SL clubs will make a decision.

The Article from Matthew Shaw was brief but confirmed Toronto are pretty much insisting they want a share of the SKY money. Not sure myself about this, IIRC Argylle spent £10,000,000 bankrolling TWP and SKY money would have only been a drop in that ocean. Livolsi seems to make it a point in principle?

The only change I can see (again it was an article sparse on detail - maybe this WAS the only detail) is that Livolsi/Toronto Wolfpack have accepted that they must face a penalty for walking away from Superleague early season and they say they will accept a TWO league points penalty for next year.

This appears to withdraw their demand for a free three year run in Superleague that IMHO was never ever going to happen. Anyway that's what was reported and it's pretty much an offer to behave, to take any relegation medicine but in return be accepted as a equal and given TV money as an equal.

My view is Perez will have been talking to Livolsi and Hunter, because as was said about the Superleaue investigation into Toronto the whole North American thing must be considered. In short i took that to mean if Toronto were barred then there would be no point to Ottawa and New York.

And if you think about it if Toronto go down 2021 as they surely would, and Ottawa go up 2021 as they are outspending all other C1 clubs, we then may get two all Canadian Derby games in the Championship. 2022 we can watch Ottawa.v.Toronto Wolfpack and Wolfpack.v.Ottawa. Again I think Perez is behind TWP's fight to stay in Superleague.

And if they are still asking too much to stay in Superleague would they then concede relegation to the Championship as the penalty? As has been pointed out TWP being booted out will have a massive effect on Ottawa......... Thoughts??


I haven't seen the article that you refer to but, it seems clear that Toronto are looking to remain in SL and trying to negotiate the criteria for a return.
For me, assuming that they should have been in "our" comp in the first place, which I'm still unconvinced about, they should have received the same share of any payments as every other club and a gambling man would reckon that they will be back.
A 2 point deduction for their failings would be scandalous and is a serious bit of mickey taking and more importantly would set a precedent for the next time a club fails.
Unless their new "consortium" has serious, serious money to burn, they will struggle again and perhaps, more importantly, there needs to be agreement on where they would play their fixtures if covid restrictions prevent them playing at home.

The thought of a team called Toronto, based in Manchester (or Bradford), with an English coach, full of English players, just seems a little bit odd.

I do think that they will be back though and it will be a kick in the teeth for every promotion wanabe in the Championship and you cant help feeling that they still have "failure" written all over them
Re: Future of the Game Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:22 am  
little wayne69 Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:45 pm
Posts: 5138
Donnyman wrote:
The question can be used for more of the never ending childish personal digs, I know it's hard to do but do try to talk Rugby League.........

I asked you a perfectly simple question twice and both times you have ignored it and reverted to type by accusing me of never ending personal digs, so I suppose there's little point in asking you again, I'll not ask you to show me any pointless personal digs as there aren't any, it's just the way you react when people ask you questions you embarrassingly can't answer, as for talking rugby it's so difficult when all you want to talk about is Argyles lost millions and Perez and Toronto's demise, please take your time replying squire there's no rush :lol:
Re: Future of the Game Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:08 am  

User avatarWanderer wrote:
Wanderer User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2002 4:48 pm
Posts: 58502
Location: Doncaster
wrencat1873 wrote:
The thought of a team called Toronto, based in Manchester, with an English coach, full of English players, just seems a little bit odd.

And yet it still feels as if that's been a big chunk of their existence :CRAZY:
Re: Future of the Game Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:37 am  

The Silent H wrote:
The Silent H Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:45 am
Posts: 453
Donnyman wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: My point exactly attack the poster when you can't attack the post......Grow up.

Where was the attack? Point it out please.

Why don't you actually own and accept reponsibility for what you write and respond accordingly and civilly, instead of using childish emoji's and diversion tactics?
Re: Future of the Game Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:03 pm  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 15247
Wanderer wrote:
And yet it still feels as if that's been a big chunk of their existence :CRAZY:


Cant disagree, although, they did used to play some games in Toronto.

IF they were to come back in, only to be relegated in their first season, there is every chance they would be in trouble again.
There doesn't look to be a great wat out of this and it would be a shame for the sport to wave goodbye to yet another failed quest for expansion.
In the words of Cher, if I could turn back time, what could the sport do differently to try and ensure some proper longevity for expansion.
I suppose that despite Paris failing, Catalan have done ok but there are far more 0's than crosses.
Re: Future of the Game Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:11 pm  

puroresu_boy wrote:
puroresu_boy Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 532
The poppy has no place in sport. It was only after the decision to invade Iraq that trash like the Daily Mail was pushing the poppy mania to somehow get the military to be seen in a good light.

You never used to see such gross displays of poppies on sporting teams and nobody cared but now if someone dares not to wear one people ask why when in reality nobody should have to answer why they would refuse to wear one.

The poppy campaign may well have started as a sign of remembrance but it certainly isn't that now. How many centuries will it take anyway for this yearly nonsence to be stopped.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Donnyman, Pumpetypump, scarrie, Someday, The Silent H, TimperleySaint, Two Points, Wildthing and 144 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,116,8141,21978,4234,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X