User avatarJTCFJG wrote:
JTCFJG User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Cokey wrote:
Where have you been? :lol: :lol:

Bermuda.

And NO, it does not exist. ! Never did!

What is happening with the S league? Presuming it's as if they weren't even in SL from the beginning. No plans to put in a Championship Club. Bugger, my dastardly plan has failed. ;) :twisted:
Last edited by JTCFJG on Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Great defence, always wins games, y'only have to score one more point than them. If tha does, tha'll win, if that doesn't tha'll lose, learn from it, more than the win last week.'. Peter Fox, 1980.
Re: Future of the Game Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:52 pm  

User avatarJTCFJG wrote:
JTCFJG User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Ladies, setting up a FB page called, FutureRL. ....will invite yin send us an email to me allow to invite you. Will be sorted today. Tuesday. let's chat?
Last edited by JTCFJG on Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
'Great defence, always wins games, y'only have to score one more point than them. If tha does, tha'll win, if that doesn't tha'll lose, learn from it, more than the win last week.'. Peter Fox, 1980.
Re: Future of the Game Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:39 am  

User avatarJTCFJG wrote:
JTCFJG User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Willzay wrote:
Id like to know how Toronto is a strategically important location. It is 8,000 miles away. There’s nothing strategic about it.

8000 miles?????????, Did you get a G at GCSE Geography?

It's 3500 miles south east of Manchester airport.
Re: Future of the Game Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:40 am  

IR80 wrote:
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

JTCFJG wrote:

Nah, his certificates are on papyrus, or possibly awarded shortly after the Fisher act was passed, definitely failed the 11+ :lol:
Re: Future of the Game Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:13 am  
little wayne69 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

JTCFJG wrote:

He should have sat them this year but they were postponed because of the pandemic, the bad news is he's now taking one on politics.
Re: Future of the Game Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:34 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

JTCFJG wrote:
I AGREE, but actually I don't care. This thread was set up in March for a few reasons, and so far, it's not far wrong. Bradford would NOT be 'promoted'. They'd be 'invited'... read the RFL statement. (last line is beauty. Dom Cummings wrote that I believe) I might be wrong....... we've only been discussing it for five months and hundred and futy pages later, we are on track the original purpose. ATM, we have insufficient numbers in SL for a full set of games already announced. That's embarrassing.

TWP will have to pay wages or lose ALL of their players, and club, OR as was discussed (please check the original post on this thread. (I'll report it) the RFLF, SL and SL clubs.....'club in'. (Sorry I am enjoying this ) to save the integrity of the top tier......and therefore the credibility of the game. Yes I know Osmond ....'inviting three times World Champions, founder of the SL Summer experience, and the second largest city back into SL, would show a lack of integrity. Like killing your own soldiers at Arnhem on purpose, was a lack of integrity. But the war was won.

Bulls v Whinos coming up?. You KNOW you want it.

Have a guess who won the last Bulls v Whinos competitive game?

Wow this is fun.

Before you get all dewy eyed about the possible return of Bradford, unless we have the return of the big spending, "boom and bust Bulls", they will be just another SL club and even if they were "invited", it doesn't change too much and smacks of yet more desperation by the games administrators.
Even Bulls v Rhinos only works when both clubs are doing well, plus a nostalgic cup tie.
Most of the neutral interest in the last meeting was the hope that a Championship Bulls side could overcome big spending Leeds who, at the time, were going backwards at a rate of knots.

As for the war being won, the RL war is far from won - the Union boys still look down on our breakaway and treat it with the same disdain that they did over 100 years ago.
Re: Future of the Game Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:39 pm  

User avatarJTCFJG wrote:
JTCFJG User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Fev SHOULD go up, bit they will not. Bulls may. Read original post pls.
Re: Future of the Game Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:08 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

JTCFJG wrote:
Fev SHOULD go up, bit they will not. Bulls may. Read original post pls.

I HAVE read your original post.
However, with respect, it's largely irrelevant.
Unless and until RL (and other sports) can allow meaningful numbers of fans to attend matches, RL is on it's way to becoming an amateur sport, with even the so called big clubs, likely to be in serious trouble.
Unless there is a viable model for playing ALL fixtures behind closed doors, that allows clubs to stay in business, it's only a matter of time until the shutters come down.
Without the fans, the game is screwed.
If we take seriously, some of NHS England's forecasts for an increased outbreak of Covid, this coming winter, where on earth does that leave the chances of games being played in "full" stadia.
Mind you, in the grand scheme of things, getting fed and keeping our own employment will be far more important.
If it can be done and it allows clubs to function and there is sufficient interest, some kind of pay per view may be the only option for next season and where this would leave Championship and League 1 clubs, I have no idea - these are truly desperate times.
Re: Future of the Game Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:59 pm  

Donnyman wrote:
Donnyman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

wrencat1873 wrote:

If it can be done and it allows clubs to function and there is sufficient interest, some kind of pay per view may be the only option for next season and where this would leave Championship and League 1 clubs, I have no idea - these are truly desperate times.

Taking out the "end is nigh" stuff of course SKY can televise SL matches and fans can pay to watch.

As for where it leaves Championship and CC1 clubs, probably worse off of course, and with the new SKY deal 2022 not looking like giving them anything then many won't be viable despite Covid.

This is why Superleague floated the idea of only 20 clubs long before Covid.
Re: Future of the Game Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:56 am  

User avatarJTCFJG wrote:
JTCFJG User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

wrencat1873 wrote:
I HAVE read your original post.
However, with respect, it's largely irrelevant.
Unless and until RL (and other sports) can allow meaningful numbers of fans to attend matches, RL is on it's way to becoming an amateur sport, with even the so called big clubs, likely to be in serious trouble.
Unless there is a viable model for playing ALL fixtures behind closed doors, that allows clubs to stay in business, it's only a matter of time until the shutters come down.
Without the fans, the game is screwed.
If we take seriously, some of NHS England's forecasts for an increased outbreak of Covid, this coming winter, where on earth does that leave the chances of games being played in "full" stadia.
Mind you, in the grand scheme of things, getting fed and keeping our own employment will be far more important.

Essentially I agree with most of what you say.

Perhapa six full time clubs IF we are lucky?
PreviousNext