Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace BORED: Review Something

Re: BORED: Review Something Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:23 am  

User avatarWanderer wrote:
Wanderer User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Steph Curry wrote:
On the subject of Netflix I’ve really got into ozark. Decent watch

Something we can agree on. Did all three series last week.
Re: BORED: Review Something Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:32 pm  

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

If you need a binge worthy tv series look no further than the Sopranos. Great writing, equally great acting (from the main cast anyway), combines brutal and violent scenes with light hearted humour seamlessly.
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
Re: BORED: Review Something Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:43 pm  

User avatarPumpetypump wrote:
Pumpetypump User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

I've only watched the first episode of Ozark. It was ok but didn't grip me immediately. Does it grab your attention more as it goes on?
Re: BORED: Review Something Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:51 pm  

User avatarWanderer wrote:
Wanderer User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Pumpetypump wrote:
I've only watched the first episode of Ozark. It was ok but didn't grip me immediately. Does it grab your attention more as it goes on?

Yes, it took me 2 or 3 to get into it. Pleased I stuck with it.
Re: BORED: Review Something Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:45 pm  

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Just finished watching the Witcher. Game of Thrones meets Lord of the Rings with a dash of Harry Potter.
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
Re: BORED: Review Something Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:24 pm  
MorePlaymakersNeeded Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reading this, "Elizabeth Woodville - A Life: The Real Story of the 'White Queen' by David MacGibbon".

Read 30 pages and the proof reader must have been on holiday.
Re: BORED: Review Something Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:38 pm  

Levrier wrote:
Levrier Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I just sat down to watch the first episode of Gordon, Gino and Fred's American Road Trip. What an utter T*t Gino comes over as. It has the feeling of a Top Gear rip off without any of the charm. All three present themselves as the kind of people you would not want to run in to on the local high street after dark with Gino being the one that you would expect to get arrested having glassed some bar staff. They have absolutely no chemistry. You could just imagine in the pitch to the BBC someone suggesting a programme that was a cross between said Top Gear and The Hangover. Soft and tired TV aimed at those people who find vomiting into an open topped car funny. :DEPRESSED:
Last edited by Levrier on Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: BORED: Review Something Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:01 am  

Someday wrote:
Someday Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Levrier wrote:
I just sat down to watch the first episode of Gordon, Gino and Fred's American Road Trip. What an utter T*t Gino comes over as. It has the feeling of a Top Gear rip off without any of the charm. All three present themselves as the kind of people you would not want to run in to on the local high street after dark with Gino being the one that you would expect to get arrested having glassed some bar staff. They have absolutely no chemistry. You could just imagine in the pitch to the BBC someone suggesting a programme that was a cross between said Top Gear and The Hangover. Soft and tired TV. :DEPRESSED:

Bloody hell get a life it’s funny
Re: BORED: Review Something Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:25 am  

Location: Heart and mind at Headingley, body anywhere else in the world

Watched ‘Call of the Wild’ (2020) after a recommendation from a friend that it was ‘nice’ but what a waste of 100 minutes.

Harrison Ford tries his best but the material he’s given to work with is woeful and the CGI dog, the central character of the film, is terribly clunky and impossible to believe in. With a computer generated dog at their disposal the film makers deliver ever more fantastical stunts which require total suspension of reality from the viewer.

I’m not sure of the intended audience. It seemed too violent and disturbing for its PG rating, but I might be out of touch, while also being far too twee for an adult audience.

Nothing more than a disappointing 5/10.
Re: BORED: Review Something Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:30 am  
rodney_trotter User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Best film I’ve seen recently was Uncut Gems on Netflix.

Best series I’ve ever seen in order:
The Wire
Sopranos
Breaking Bad

At the moment I’m watching Ozark which is sort of like a poor mans breaking bad. It’s good, but not a patch on BB.

If you can get a copy of Love/Hate then I’d also recommend as a highly binge worthy drama set in Dublin.
PreviousNext