u RLFANS.COM - Warrington to target Saracens players? WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Warrington to target Saracens players?

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Warrington to target Saracens players?

Warrington to target Saracens players?
Post Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:10 pm
Posted by Huddersfield1895 on Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:10 pm
Huddersfield1895 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 71
Rep Position: 244th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:08 am
Posts: 1568
Re: Warrington to target Saracens players?
Post Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:12 pm
Posted by reffy on Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:12 pm
reffy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 349
Rep Position: 73rd / 78,043

Quiz Score: 40

Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:17 am
Posts: 4955
Location: Cheshire, it's Lancashire really
One player not players.
Re: Warrington to target Saracens players?
Post Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:26 pm
Posted by snowie on Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:26 pm
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 772
Rep Position: 15th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 232

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
Posts: 19845
reffy wrote:
One player not players.

I think they are targeting anyone that's willing to leave union, sounds a bit desperate to bring in a key player who ever it is a bit like changing your car but not bothered about the colour as long as it works
Posted by MorePlaymakersNeeded on Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:14 pm
MorePlaymakersNeeded Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 916
Rep Position: 8th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:51 am
Posts: 1772
“We’ve still got one spot left on the new talent pool dispensation and should the opportunity present itself, we’d certainly look at it.”

Not exactly targeting anyone with the above comment, which makes it sound like a non story.
Posted by wrencat1873 on Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:27 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1244
Rep Position: 2nd / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 13474
MorePlaymakersNeeded wrote:
“We’ve still got one spot left on the new talent pool dispensation and should the opportunity present itself, we’d certainly look at it.”

Not exactly targeting anyone with the above comment, which makes it sound like a non story.


Good on Wire for generating some publicity here.
The players that Saracens will need to offload will be on significant money and despite not counting on the cap, it would represent a huge gamble to take on a huge wage bill for an untried and untested Union player.
Lets not forget that, there will be some top union sides also chasing signatures for their (Saracens) better players and how ever wealthy Wire may be, they just aren't in the same league as the big boys in Union.

As I said, well done for gaining some publicity.
Posted by IR80 on Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:32 pm
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 199
Rep Position: 136th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
Posts: 1549
wrencat1873 wrote:
Good on Wire for generating some publicity here.
The players that Saracens will need to offload will be on significant money and despite not counting on the cap, it would represent a huge gamble to take on a huge wage bill for an untried and untested Union player.
Lets not forget that, there will be some top union sides also chasing signatures for their (Saracens) better players and how ever wealthy Wire may be, they just aren't in the same league as the big boys in Union.

As I said, well done for gaining some publicity.

The majority of Union sides will have finished recruitment and be close to the cap (or the upper limit of what they can afford) I would imagine.
Posted by wrencat1873 on Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:39 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1244
Rep Position: 2nd / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 13474
IR80 wrote:
The majority of Union sides will have finished recruitment and be close to the cap (or the upper limit of what they can afford) I would imagine.


Are you sure ?
Their season is just coming to an end, with Saracens facing the drop.
Their recruitment, although no doubt under way, wont be complete by any means and there will be options for some of those players to play down under or South Africa / France etc
Nobody and definitely not wire, will get a free run on their players and you have to ask, why would their international stars want to swap codes and screw their chances of playing 6 nations etc - it's an absolute non story.
Posted by IR80 on Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:47 pm
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 199
Rep Position: 136th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
Posts: 1549
wrencat1873 wrote:
Are you sure ?
Their season is just coming to an end, with Saracens facing the drop.
Their recruitment, although no doubt under way, wont be complete by any means and there will be options for some of those players to play down under or South Africa / France etc
Nobody and definitely not wire, will get a free run on their players and you have to ask, why would their international stars want to swap codes and screw their chances of playing 6 nations etc - it's an absolute non story.

No player with 6 nations ambitions (for England) will leave UK RU, I agree.
Posted by Clearwing on Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:33 pm
Clearwing User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 623
Rep Position: 22nd / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:11 am
Posts: 7709
wrencat1873 wrote:
Are you sure ?
Their season is just coming to an end, with Saracens facing the drop.
Their recruitment, although no doubt under way, wont be complete by any means and there will be options for some of those players to play down under or South Africa / France etc
Nobody and definitely not wire, will get a free run on their players and you have to ask, why would their international stars want to swap codes and screw their chances of playing 6 nations etc - it's an absolute non story.


Don't think the union season is over til May-ish
"Look, I'd never use injuries as an excuse..." Daryl Powell
Posted by wrencat1873 on Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:38 am
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1244
Rep Position: 2nd / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 13474
Clearwing wrote:
Don't think the union season is over til May-ish


My bad, I thought they'd only just finished their season.
I assume this means that Saries squad can stay together until the end of the season ?
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beverley red, Clearwing, craig hkr, eastul105, HXSparky, Jethro Gibbs, Moe syslak, MorePlaymakersNeeded, Rupert Slazenger, The Devil's Advocate, Traffic, Wigg'n and 133 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,025,9651,19878,0434,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.






2