WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 2020 Squads / Likely Starting 17

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace 2020 Squads / Likely Starting 17

Re: 2020 Squads / Likely Starting 17
Post Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:07 pm
Posted by TrinityIHC on Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:07 pm
TrinityIHC User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 36
Rep Position: 284th / 77,932

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:28 pm
Posts: 4819
Location: Outside your remit
FB Alex Walker
LW: Tom Johnstone
C: Bill Tupou
C: Reece Lyne
RW:Ben Jones Bishop (Think Hampshire will start season as BJB injured)

SO: Jacob Miller
SH: Danny Brough

PR: David Fifita
HK: Josh Wood/Kyle Wood in spells
PR: Chris Green
SR: Kelepi Tanginoa
SR: Matty Ashurst
LF: Tinirau Arona
======
Joe Westerman
James Batchelor/Jay Pitts
Josh/Kyle Wood
Craig Kopczak

I think thats a good side to be fair. If we can avoid the kind of injuries we had last year then I think we're well away from relegation.
There's Only One F in Wakefield
Re: 2020 Squads / Likely Starting 17
Post Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:29 pm
Posted by Mr. Zucchini Head on Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:29 pm
Mr. Zucchini Head Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 286
Rep Position: 95th / 77,932

Quiz Score: 8

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:10 pm
Posts: 11621
Looking at these teams I am more and more confident that Hull have as good a squad as anyone this year. There are plenty of handy looking teams, but everyone has one or two weaker spots. Even Saints on paper don't fill me with dread. If we had a coach that I had a bit more faith in then I would really fancy us this year. Unfortunately I can see it being a real missed opportunity.
Re: 2020 Squads / Likely Starting 17
Post Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:09 pm
Posted by Steph Curry on Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:09 pm
Steph Curry Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 51
Rep Position: 269th / 77,932

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:07 pm
Posts: 336
Mr. Zucchini Head wrote:
Looking at these teams I am more and more confident that Hull have as good a squad as anyone this year. There are plenty of handy looking teams, but everyone has one or two weaker spots. Even Saints on paper don't fill me with dread. If we had a coach that I had a bit more faith in then I would really fancy us this year. Unfortunately I can see it being a real missed opportunity.


Bookmarked

This post crops up ever year. Hull fc fans claiming they have the best squad and no one else comes close only for them to achieve absolutely nothing and end up mid table
Years in existence and average attendance

Leigh Centurions - 100+ years / Circa 3k
Wakefield Wildcats - 100+ years / Circa 4k
Toronto Wolfpack - 3 years / 9k
Re: 2020 Squads / Likely Starting 17
Post Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:14 pm
Posted by Mr. Zucchini Head on Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:14 pm
Mr. Zucchini Head Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 286
Rep Position: 95th / 77,932

Quiz Score: 8

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:10 pm
Posts: 11621
Steph Curry wrote:
Bookmarked

This post crops up ever year. Hull fc fans claiming they have the best squad and no one else comes close only for them to achieve absolutely nothing and end up mid table


Yeah, did you actually read what I wrote or did you just stop after the first line?

Squad: Very good
Coach: Not very good
Prediction: 5th
Re: 2020 Squads / Likely Starting 17
Post Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:02 am
Posted by FearTheVee on Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:02 am
FearTheVee User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 137
Rep Position: 187th / 77,932

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:57 pm
Posts: 10788
Location: Much too far South
Mr. Zucchini Head wrote:
Looking at these teams I am more and more confident that Hull have as good a squad as anyone this year. There are plenty of handy looking teams, but everyone has one or two weaker spots. Even Saints on paper don't fill me with dread. If we had a coach that I had a bit more faith in then I would really fancy us this year. Unfortunately I can see it being a real missed opportunity.


Hull have a strong looking squad but I remain of the opinion they’ll do nothing until they get a proper coach.
Re: 2020 Squads / Likely Starting 17
Post Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:07 am
Posted by Mr. Zucchini Head on Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:07 am
Mr. Zucchini Head Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 286
Rep Position: 95th / 77,932

Quiz Score: 8

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:10 pm
Posts: 11621
FearTheVee wrote:
Hull have a strong looking squad but I remain of the opinion they’ll do nothing until they get a proper coach.


I agree. We will make playoffs, we may even win another cup. But we won't ever be a dominant force with Radford in charge imo.
Re: 2020 Squads / Likely Starting 17
Post Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:13 pm
Posted by Fishermanscap on Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:13 pm
Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 378
Rep Position: 64th / 77,932

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 1631
Mr. Zucchini Head wrote:
I agree. We will make playoffs, we may even win another cup. But we won't ever be a dominant force with Radford in charge imo.


Bet you're wondering how many time you've got to explain what you said, makes you wonder if people actually read what they comment on. :D
Re: 2020 Squads / Likely Starting 17
Post Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:00 pm
Posted by Mr. Zucchini Head on Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:00 pm
Mr. Zucchini Head Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 286
Rep Position: 95th / 77,932

Quiz Score: 8

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:10 pm
Posts: 11621
Fishermanscap wrote:
Bet you're wondering how many time you've got to explain what you said, makes you wonder if people actually read what they comment on. :D


:lol:

Tbf what FeartheVee said was ok, he was pretty much just echoing what I said, but Steph's comment was ridiculous. Either he didn't bother reading the whole post or he has no comprehension of the English language.

I'll say it one more time. Hull have the playing talent to rival any team in SL. But the coach is imo substandard. Therefore, whilst we will take some scalps and have some good moments, I expect the season to ultimately end in disappointment.
Re: 2020 Squads / Likely Starting 17
Post Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:51 am
Posted by Tigerade on Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:51 am
Tigerade User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 94
Rep Position: 226th / 77,932

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:02 pm
Posts: 5043
Location: WF10 - just a small town in Wakefield
Tigers 30 man squad finally announced last night........

1. Jordan Rankin
2. Derrell Olpherts
3. Peter Mata’utia
4. Michael Shenton
5. Sosaia Feki
6. Jake Truman
7. Danny Richardson
8. Liam Watts
9. Paul McShane
10. Grant Millington
11. Oliver Holmes
12. Mike McMeeken
13. Adam Milner
14. Nathan Massey
15. Jesse Sene-Lefao
16. George Griffin
17. Alex Foster
18. Chayse Blair
19. Daniel Smith
20. Junior Moors
21. James Clare
22. Jacques O'Neill
23. Matt Cook
24. Tyla Hepi
25. Greg Eden
26. Callum Turner
27. Lewis Peachey
28. Brad Graham
29. Joe Summer
30. Robbie Storey
Re: 2020 Squads / Likely Starting 17
Post Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:09 am
Posted by Fishermanscap on Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:09 am
Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 378
Rep Position: 64th / 77,932

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 1631
Tigerade wrote:
Tigers 30 man squad finally announced last night........

1. Jordan Rankin
2. Derrell Olpherts
3. Peter Mata’utia
4. Michael Shenton
5. Sosaia Feki
6. Jake Truman
7. Danny Richardson
8. Liam Watts
9. Paul McShane
10. Grant Millington
11. Oliver Holmes
12. Mike McMeeken
13. Adam Milner
14. Nathan Massey
15. Jesse Sene-Lefao
16. George Griffin
17. Alex Foster
18. Chayse Blair
19. Daniel Smith
20. Junior Moors
21. James Clare
22. Jacques O'Neill
23. Matt Cook
24. Tyla Hepi
25. Greg Eden
26. Callum Turner
27. Lewis Peachey
28. Brad Graham
29. Joe Summer
30. Robbie Storey


As ever a decent if not exceptional line up and I mean that in a complimentary way. Cas like Wakefield do well on their respective budgets.

Only comment is that you have a lot riding on two young H/B’s though as a Trinity fan I’m glad to see the back of the last one!
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ALAW, Bing [Bot], Donnyman, Hasbag, jayb, Jethro Gibbs, Kevs Head, mwindass, The Devil's Advocate and 159 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,993,3951,51477,9324,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 30th Jan 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 31st Jan 19:30
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
LEIGH
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
SALFORD
Sat 1st Feb 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sat 1st Feb 19:30
 CH
TOULOUSE
v
YORK
Sun 2nd Feb 14:30
SL
TORONTO
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
SHEFFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





2