WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Pre season friendlies and fastest man in SL

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Pre season friendlies and fastest man in SL

Re: Pre season friendlies Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:32 pm  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 14346
Budgiezilla wrote:
They didn't play any team from the midlands last weekend, only in Mrs Currys dreams did that happen.

Just re-read, misunderstood! The Wigan and Leigh game v Runshaw was the same one I was talking about :lol: It's a bit random using a college team as a reflection of the Championship team; Furness academy have been great for years but it's not stopped Barrow getting relegated.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: Pre season friendlies Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:52 pm  

User avatarBudgiezilla wrote:
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:24 pm
Posts: 8201
Location: Sefton Street, Leigh
Grimmy wrote:
Just re-read, misunderstood! The Wigan and Leigh game v Runshaw was the same one I was talking about :lol: It's a bit random using a college team as a reflection of the Championship team; Furness academy have been great for years but it's not stopped Barrow getting relegated.


Exactly, quite a sad individual.
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Re: Pre season friendlies Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:29 pm  

Steph Curry wrote:
Steph Curry Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:07 pm
Posts: 943
https://www.malverngazette.co.uk/sport/ ... ons-close/

Bless the supposed Leigh fans In this thread. Don’t even know their own club.

Apologies accepted from you all
Years in existence and average attendance

Leigh Centurions - 100+ years / Circa 3k
Wakefield Wildcats - 100+ years / Circa 4k
Toronto Wolfpack - 3 years / 9k
Re: Pre season friendlies Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:36 pm  

User avatarBudgiezilla wrote:
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:24 pm
Posts: 8201
Location: Sefton Street, Leigh
Steph Curry wrote:
https://www.malverngazette.co.uk/sport/18103340.rugby-league-mercian-development-academy-run-leigh-centurions-close/

Bless the supposed Leigh fans In this thread. Don’t even know their own club.

Apologies accepted from you all


Well done Stephanie, you're better at using google than me.
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Re: Pre season friendlies Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:47 pm  

User avatarCokey wrote:
Cokey User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:58 pm
Posts: 10425
Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
Steph Curry wrote:
https://www.malverngazette.co.uk/sport/18103340.rugby-league-mercian-development-academy-run-leigh-centurions-close/

Bless the supposed Leigh fans In this thread. Don’t even know their own club.

Apologies accepted from you all


Congratulations!




Image
Image
Re: Pre season friendlies Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:10 pm  

User avatarRoyBoy29 wrote:
RoyBoy29 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 8:29 am
Posts: 1679
At least he got his nightly material sorted out.
Irony is represented below.

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:
He is not telling the truth. He is talking paranoid rubbish.
Re: Pre season friendlies Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:45 pm  

User avatarKennedy wrote:
Kennedy User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:25 pm
Posts: 321
Steph Curry wrote:
Other than Leeds trouncing Wakefield and the heartlands Leigh Academy beating a midlands school by 2 points who had never played a game of rugby league before, has there been any other notable scores?


To be fair, you made it sound like it happened last weekend, and as I stated none of the Leigh teams had a game. It actually happened in mid December, and it was the Leigh & Wigan college U-16 team that played Mercian, not the Centurions U-17 academy one. The Tommy Sale Youth Foundation, runs 2 teams.....a college one for students only, and an 'open invitation' one for any players aged 16 and 17. Though you already knew that didn't you ? :D
Re: Pre season friendlies Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:13 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 15052
Kennedy wrote:
To be fair, you made it sound like it happened last weekend, and as I stated none of the Leigh teams had a game. It actually happened in mid December, and it was the Leigh & Wigan college U-16 team that played Mercian, not the Centurions U-17 academy one. The Tommy Sale Youth Foundation, runs 2 teams.....a college one for students only, and an 'open invitation' one for any players aged 16 and 17. Though you already knew that didn't you ? :D


You should have given him a bit more rope before kicking the stool away :D
Re: Pre season friendlies Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:43 pm  

Charlie Sheen User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:26 pm
Posts: 10530
Location: Leeds
The Leeds vs Bradford friendly on Sunday has sold out and will live on sky.

Burrow, Sinfield, Peacock, and Fielden will all play.
King Monkey wrote:
Maybe a spell in prison would do Graham good.

At least he'd lose his virginity.
Re: Pre season friendlies Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:34 pm  

Molsk111 wrote:
Molsk111 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:36 pm
Posts: 428
This game is a friendly and is a sell out, it is also been shown live on tv, it could possibly be the biggest gate attendance of the season league wise, I have never known anything like this ever in rugby league, I think it will be very emotional and it’s for a fantastic cause, congratulations to the best supporters in any sport, RUGBY LEAGUE ITS MORE THAN JUST A GAME
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Agent Mulder, Bartholemew Smythe, Bulls Boy 2011, ComeOnYouUll, davids, Mild Rover, reffy, Steph Curry, t drednowts is cumin! and 110 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,103,2551,12678,3554,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X