WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The future of RL in the northern hemisphere

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace The future of RL in the northern hemisphere


Donnyman wrote:
Donnyman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:28 am
Posts: 1273
LeedsLurch wrote:
Everyone has valid points on the growth of the game but all seem to be missing the main way to increase spectators on to the terraces. The only way that we will grow numbers and get the big sponsors to follow is at grass roots level. Until you have teams at under 6/7/8 like union and football do then there will be no significant increase in growth. You have to have the kids wanting to play/watch and that translates to bums on seats at the top level


Everyone doesn't have valid points on the growth of the game. As per my last posts it hasn't grown in 124 years BUT has survived only through it's strength along the M62 in Yorkshire and Lancashire where it has strong grass roots. As above those grass roots are 124 years old and counting.

And yes if they put phoney clubs into SL and remove clubs of substance that kills the game. The only way to continue to survive is don't kill the grass roots. As long as the likes of Bradford and Widnes languish in the Championship whilst Catalans and Toronto are in Superleague and plans to replace the useless Salford Wakey and HKR with Ottawa Toulouse and New York exist then we are in danger of a quick death.

That doesn't make me a flat capper - it makes me (and you) realists.....

IR80 wrote:
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
Posts: 2215
Donnyman wrote:
Everyone doesn't have valid points on the growth of the game. As per my last posts it hasn't grown in 124 years BUT has survived only through it's strength along the M62 in Yorkshire and Lancashire where it has strong grass roots. As above those grass roots are 124 years old and counting.

And yes if they put phoney clubs into SL and remove clubs of substance that kills the game. The only way to continue to survive is don't kill the grass roots. As long as the likes of Bradford and Widnes languish in the Championship whilst Catalans and Toronto are in Superleague and plans to replace the useless Salford Wakey and HKR with Ottawa Toulouse and New York exist then we are in danger of a quick death.

That doesn't make me a flat capper - it makes me (and you) realists.....

How are Hull KR useless?

Donnyman wrote:
Donnyman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:28 am
Posts: 1273
IR80 wrote:
How are Hull KR useless?


Expansionistas constantly quote English clubs as being useless and work on the idea there's no point in two clubs in Hull and garbage like that. The Hudge has committed himself further to the club through some element of purchasing the ground, plus they have gone back to having their own academy. 20K and 12K for the derby games last year. Just before Superleague the same games were attracting 6.000 (1993)..............In their new stadium Hull pulled 19,000 for the Bradford game. Bradford and Leeds ganes topped 20K at one point. Get Bradford back in.

Last year worst league crowds for Hull & HKR were against Les Catalans. If people want to kill RL then "expand" it, that will kill it.

IR80 wrote:
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
Posts: 2215
Donnyman wrote:
Expansionistas constantly quote English clubs as being useless and work on the idea there's no point in two clubs in Hull and garbage like that. The Hudge has committed himself further to the club through some element of purchasing the ground, plus they have gone back to having their own academy. 20K and 12K for the derby games last year. Just before Superleague the same games were attracting 6.000 (1993)..............In their new stadium Hull pulled 19,000 for the Bradford game. Bradford and Leeds ganes topped 20K at one point. Get Bradford back in.

Last year worst league crowds for Hull & HKR were against Les Catalans. If people want to kill RL then "expand" it, that will kill it.

There isn't the apetite for SL in Bradford, and I very much prefer a weekend in Perpignan to an afternoon in the s41t4ol3 that is Currystan.

User avatarRoyBoy29 wrote:
RoyBoy29 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 8:29 am
Posts: 1676
IR80 wrote:
There isn't the apetite for SL in Bradford, and I very much prefer a weekend in Perpignan to an afternoon in the s41t4ol3 that is Currystan.


Would you like to elaborate this comment.
Irony is represented below.

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:
He is not telling the truth. He is talking paranoid rubbish.
little wayne69 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:45 pm
Posts: 4711
IR80 wrote:
There isn't the apetite for SL in Bradford, and I very much prefer a weekend in Perpignan to an afternoon in the s41t4ol3 that is Currystan.

Ah but it's the place to be for a curry.

IR80 wrote:
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
Posts: 2215
little wayne69 wrote:
Ah but it's the place to be for a curry.

I'd disagree, better places in Birmigham, Manchester and London.

It was a crass description, and if anyone took offense I apologise, it was very much t.i.c.

JEAN CAPDOUZE User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:09 pm
Posts: 6809
Location: Carcassonne, France
Donnyman wrote:
There's no such thing as debate with you let alone facts. Toulouse have no money, Toulouse's fan base was laid bare in the play off's with only 1,000 fans a game and Toulouse don't develop pro/SL quality players in any number at all, the odd few go to Catalans as they can't develop many as the French grass roots game is dying and so on to.....


The small playoff crowds were played at the obscure home stadium that they now have. Next season they will play at the better known and more capacious Stade Ernest Wallon.

Toulouse showed what is possible from them in Super League with the 6000+ crowd at Stade Ernest Wallon in 2019 against the Toronto team. Soft core French rugby fans will come to Ernest Wallon, especially if their home town club is playing against a recognised international team at a professional level.

Once they are promoted to Super League Toulouse will be able to attract sponsors and they will have money.
Toulouse for Championship in 2017, Super League in 2021!

Avignon for Championship in 2021, Super League in 2022!

supersport wrote:
supersport Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:02 pm
Posts: 66
JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:
The small playoff crowds were played at the obscure home stadium that they now have. Next season they will play at the better known and more capacious Stade Ernest Wallon.

Toulouse showed what is possible from them in Super League with the 6000+ crowd at Stade Ernest Wallon in 2019 against the Toronto team. Soft core French rugby fans will come to Ernest Wallon, especially if their home town club is playing against a recognised international team at a professional level.

Once they are promoted to Super League Toulouse will be able to attract sponsors and they will have money.
most of us will be deceased by then :lol: :lol:

JEAN CAPDOUZE User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:09 pm
Posts: 6809
Location: Carcassonne, France
supersport wrote:
most of us will be deceased by then :lol: :lol:


You probably will be deceased because you have only managed one post on this forum throughout the course of your life. I fear that you don't have the energy to stay alive for the next year or two.

Toulouse should get promoted to Super League by the end of this year, but the end of 2021 at the latest. If you fear that you won't live that long, please get in touch with me and I will try to refer you to a good doctor in France, with the object of increasing your longevity.
Toulouse for Championship in 2017, Super League in 2021!

Avignon for Championship in 2021, Super League in 2022!
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 87 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,084,89157278,2854,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!



X