WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - New stadium dream all but over

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace New stadium dream all but over

New stadium dream all but over
Post Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:33 am
Posted by rollin thunder on Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:33 am
rollin thunder Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 581
Rep Position: th / 77,948

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:25 pm
Posts: 3443
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/best-in-le ... 2-17378807


End if the road for Castlefords new stadium dream, 2nd site to fall through. They could have mortgaged weldon road and redeveloped it by now after dicking about hoping someone would build them a stadium for free.
Re: New stadium dream all but over
Post Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:02 am
Posted by wire-quin on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:02 am
wire-quin User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 348
Rep Position: th / 77,948

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:38 pm
Posts: 6302
Location: Looking for a coach that can coach
No franchise pressure any more. The delay tactics have worked perfectly.
Mac out!
Re: New stadium dream all but over
Post Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:02 am
Posted by Fishermanscap on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:02 am
Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 383
Rep Position: 16th / 77,948

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 1655
rollin thunder wrote:
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/best-in-leeds/shopping/axiom-shopping-centre-yorkshire-m62-17378807


End if the road for Castlefords new stadium dream, 2nd site to fall through. They could have mortgaged weldon road and redeveloped it by now after dicking about hoping someone would build them a stadium for free.



Idiotic comment, they weren't asking for it for free but a part of a development deal as per Saints, Salford, Hull etc etc. Why give Cas stick because there's failed whilst others didn't talk about forgetting where you came from.
Re: New stadium dream all but over
Post Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:04 am
Posted by Fishermanscap on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:04 am
Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 383
Rep Position: 16th / 77,948

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 1655
wire-quin wrote:
No franchise pressure any more. The delay tactics have worked perfectly.


Another bitter poster not living in the real world, there but for the grace of god :roll:
Re: New stadium dream all but over
Post Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:15 am
Posted by Mr Dog on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:15 am
Mr Dog Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 170
Rep Position: th / 77,948

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:08 pm
Posts: 1084
Location: Not there
Tbh that's a nothing story. Another retailer has recently been added to the list but they clearly haven't reached the trigger point and it's not easy to work out just how close they actually are. One thing that struck me as slightly odd when the last update was given (reading that has reminded me) was the spokesman talking about 'legally binding contracts' which immediately made me wonder whether some retailers were having second thoughts?
Re: New stadium dream all but over
Post Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:50 am
Posted by Tigerade on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:50 am
Tigerade User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 94
Rep Position: th / 77,948

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:02 pm
Posts: 5045
Location: WF10 - just a small town in Wakefield
End if the road for Castlefords new stadium dream, 2nd site to fall through.


Somebody should have let Beaverbrooks know. They have just become the 14th store to agree terms with Axiom. :D
Re: New stadium dream all but over
Post Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:52 am
Posted by wrencat1873 on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:52 am
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1191
Rep Position: th / 77,948

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 12902
Mr Dog wrote:
Tbh that's a nothing story. Another retailer has recently been added to the list but they clearly haven't reached the trigger point and it's not easy to work out just how close they actually are. One thing that struck me as slightly odd when the last update was given (reading that has reminded me) was the spokesman talking about 'legally binding contracts' which immediately made me wonder whether some retailers were having second thoughts?


With the state of the retail sector generally, timing has stuffed the deal, with many of the traditional retailers, holding back and scrapping some of their own expansion.
Re: New stadium dream all but over
Post Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:53 am
Posted by Willzay on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:53 am
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 830
Rep Position: th / 77,948

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 8990
RL fans are very weird.

Criticise clubs for not upgrading/moving grounds.

Gloat when said ground upgrade/move fails.
Id clean up RLFANS in 5 minutes.

Troll hitlist :

Jean Capdouze

Sir Kev/My Mate Ronnie

Lebron/Ruune Rebellion

Jonno
Re: New stadium dream all but over
Post Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:05 am
Posted by Mr Dog on Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:05 am
Mr Dog Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 170
Rep Position: th / 77,948

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:08 pm
Posts: 1084
Location: Not there
wrencat1873 wrote:
With the state of the retail sector generally, timing has stuffed the deal, with many of the traditional retailers, holding back and scrapping some of their own expansion.


The cost of the project will also have significantly increased since first proposal - whether the funding agreement (with a Canadian Teachers' pension fund I think) allows for this increase or they have to find more is unclear. Add in that it sounds as though they've massively overspent to get to where they are.....

As for being dead, I'm not convinced it is yet by any means although there can't be many (any?) retailers left that they haven't already approached. What happens this coming Thursday may well have a big bearing!
Re: New stadium dream all but over
Post Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:24 am
Posted by rollin thunder on Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:24 am
rollin thunder Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 581
Rep Position: th / 77,948

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:25 pm
Posts: 3443
Mr Dog wrote:
The cost of the project will also have significantly increased since first proposal - whether the funding agreement (with a Canadian Teachers' pension fund I think) allows for this increase or they have to find more is unclear. Add in that it sounds as though they've massively overspent to get to where they are.....

As for being dead, I'm not convinced it is yet by any means although there can't be many (any?) retailers left that they haven't already approached. What happens this coming Thursday may well have a big bearing!


I don think the election will make any difference , the retail sector is really suffering due to online business, and may never really recover, I rarely go n real shoe the staff just treat you like you are bothering them as they would rather just be messing on their phones, several is so poor nowadays.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Darwinsdad, The Silent H and 98 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,995,6501,13877,9484,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 30th Jan 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 31st Jan 19:30
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
LEIGH
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
SALFORD
Sat 1st Feb 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sat 1st Feb 19:30
 CH
TOULOUSE
v
YORK
Sun 2nd Feb 14:30
SL
TORONTO
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
SHEFFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





2