WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Challenge Cup 2020

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Challenge Cup 2020

Challenge Cup 2020
Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:41 pm
Posted by AXE2GRIND on Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:41 pm
AXE2GRIND User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 11
Rep Position: 303rd / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:08 pm
Posts: 308
No Red Star, No Toulouse, but Toronto are in.....phew....Poor Bazza would have cacked himself! :CRAZY:

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/56051/road-to-wembley-starts-at-bentley-for-coral-challenge-cup-first-round-draw

Will Toronto get a Home draw for there games? Nope....they will automatically be the away side no matter who they play. Did they agree to a £500k bond? Nobody will ever know 8)

Toulouse have again said "NON"......which beggars the question as to why they are even in the Championship.
Re: Challenge Cup 2020
Post Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:24 pm
Posted by RoyBoy29 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:24 pm
RoyBoy29 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 416
Rep Position: 52nd / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 8:29 am
Posts: 1635
Heard a rumour Toulouse are pulling out of the 1895 cup too.
Irony is represented below.

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:
He is not telling the truth. He is talking paranoid rubbish.
Re: Challenge Cup 2020
Post Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:28 pm
Posted by Kennedy on Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:28 pm
Kennedy User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 131
Rep Position: 187th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:25 pm
Posts: 241
RoyBoy29 wrote:
Heard a rumour Toulouse are pulling out of the 1895 cup too.


They have, London aren't in either.
Re: Challenge Cup 2020
Post Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:30 pm
Posted by snowie on Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:30 pm
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 727
Rep Position: 15th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 232

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
Posts: 19468
And all this hype about Toulouse being the next super league team :lol:
“The bond between the players is something I’ve never had with any other club. Everyone comes into one and we’re all one group. Whenever we get a new signing, everyone just embraces the culture. It’s what I love about this club and I just can’t wait for the journey ahead.”
the Big Bopper

STAY CALM WE'VE BEEN IN WORSE SITUATIONS
Re: Challenge Cup 2020
Post Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:44 pm
Posted by Huddersfield1895 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:44 pm
Huddersfield1895 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 64
Rep Position: 250th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:08 am
Posts: 1525
snowie wrote:
And all this hype about Toulouse being the next super league team :lol:

I heard they want to concentrate all their efforts on getting a Super League place, hence no cup comps
Re: Challenge Cup 2020
Post Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:44 pm
Posted by bramleyrhino on Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:44 pm
bramleyrhino User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 237
Rep Position: 111th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2002 4:39 pm
Posts: 12766
Location: Leeds 13
It's criminal that the RFL insists on these bonds in the first place. Catalans have apparently agreed to cover any shortfall as well.

The RFL can't just keep hoping for a combination of Leeds, Wigan, St Helens, Warrington and Hull FC to sell out the final. It's one of our showpiece events - the RFL still insists that it's a "blue ribboned" event - they should have no difficulty in selling it as long as they are smart and proactive about it.
I wish everyone would read bramleyrhino's post two or three times just to get it through some thick skulls


Mr bramleyrhino speaks a lot of sense.


Jamie Jones-Buchanan wrote:
"I'd never forgive myself if a child of mine was born in Lancashire.
Re: Challenge Cup 2020
Post Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:52 pm
Posted by Huddersfield1895 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:52 pm
Huddersfield1895 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 64
Rep Position: 250th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:08 am
Posts: 1525
bramleyrhino wrote:
It's criminal that the RFL insists on these bonds in the first place. Catalans have apparently agreed to cover any shortfall as well.

The RFL can't just keep hoping for a combination of Leeds, Wigan, St Helens, Warrington and Hull FC to sell out the final. It's one of our showpiece events - the RFL still insists that it's a "blue ribboned" event - they should have no difficulty in selling it as long as they are smart and proactive about it.

What will happen if the Red Devils get to the challenge cup final? as that could be a seriously low crowd for the final who ever they play
Re: Challenge Cup 2020
Post Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:02 pm
Posted by wrencat1873 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:02 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1148
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 12670
bramleyrhino wrote:
It's criminal that the RFL insists on these bonds in the first place. Catalans have apparently agreed to cover any shortfall as well.

The RFL can't just keep hoping for a combination of Leeds, Wigan, St Helens, Warrington and Hull FC to sell out the final. It's one of our showpiece events - the RFL still insists that it's a "blue ribboned" event - they should have no difficulty in selling it as long as they are smart and proactive about it.


It's fundamentally wrong that they should be included in the league structure and not have to compete in the cup competition(s).
As "we" fill our league's up with overseas sides, who dont compete in the full range of academy, reserve and cup fixtures, the competition overall suffers and whilst Toronto are the new kids on the block, seemingly with money to burn (and lots of it), have those at the top of the sport factored in the scenario whereby Toronto play Catalan in the cup final of GF, both of which are possibilities in the next few years (assuming that Toronto dont run out of cash).

I assume that putting The RFL, smart and proactive in the same sentence was a typo, especially without the word desperate being in there.
Re: Challenge Cup 2020
Post Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:57 pm
Posted by Mr Dog on Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:57 pm
Mr Dog Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 163
Rep Position: 158th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:08 pm
Posts: 1069
Location: Not there
wrencat1873 wrote:
It's fundamentally wrong that they should be included in the league structure and not have to compete in the cup competition(s).
As "we" fill our league's up with overseas sides, who dont compete in the full range of academy, reserve and cup fixtures, the competition overall suffers and whilst Toronto are the new kids on the block, seemingly with money to burn (and lots of it), have those at the top of the sport factored in the scenario whereby Toronto play Catalan in the cup final of GF, both of which are possibilities in the next few years (assuming that Toronto dont run out of cash).

I assume that putting The RFL, smart and proactive in the same sentence was a typo, especially without the word desperate being in there.


Don't worry those heroes running SLE will save the day.......
Re: Challenge Cup 2020
Post Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:20 pm
Posted by Willzay on Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:20 pm
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 813
Rep Position: 10th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 8926
Anyone “turning down” playing in the CC should be kicked out of their respective leagues.
Id clean up RLFANS in 5 minutes.

Troll hitlist :

Jean Capdouze

Sir Kev/My Mate Ronnie

Lebron/Ruune Rebellion

Jonno
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ALAW and 129 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,985,17779977,9054,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 30th Jan 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 31st Jan 19:30
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
LEIGH
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
SALFORD
Sat 1st Feb 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sat 1st Feb 19:30
 CH
TOULOUSE
v
YORK
Sun 2nd Feb 14:30
SL
TORONTO
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
SHEFFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





2