u RLFANS.COM - Tonga v Great Britain - Saturday 26th October @ 8am WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Tonga v Great Britain - Saturday 26th October @ 8am

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Tonga v Great Britain - Saturday 26th October @ 8am

Posted by Saddened! on Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:37 pm
Saddened! User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 176
Rep Position: 155th / 78,036

Quiz Score: 0

NickyKiss wrote:
Burgess has been dire for us, Marshall isn’t good enough and Davies is injured (and not good enough) I don’t think Charnley or Grace are good enough either. We’ve picked the best two wingers available to us. They’ve both been fantastic players for England over a long period of time.

Ryan Hall isn't the best player in that position at the moment. He has been good for both England and Leeds in the past, but he's finished, completely and utterly done. Watkins is the same. Too much rugby too young and neither have anything left physically. Hall in particular has the lateral speed and agility of a middle aged trucker.

McGilvray has no form, but is in better shape than Hall. But the likes of Grace, Lineham, Charnley, Dixon etc are all miles better picks than Ryan Hall.

In fact, I can't name anyone English in Super League I wouldn't have over Ryan Hall in the shape he's in now.
Posted by JEAN CAPDOUZE on Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:48 pm
JEAN CAPDOUZE User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 800
Rep Position: 13th / 78,036

Saddened! wrote:
Ryan Hall isn't the best player in that position at the moment. He has been good for both England and Leeds in the past, but he's finished, completely and utterly done. Watkins is the same. Too much rugby too young and neither have anything left physically. Hall in particular has the lateral speed and agility of a middle aged trucker.

McGilvray has no form, but is in better shape than Hall. But the likes of Grace, Lineham, Charnley, Dixon etc are all miles better picks than Ryan Hall.

In fact, I can't name anyone English in Super League I wouldn't have over Ryan Hall in the shape he's in now.

Dixon? Are you referring to Keiron Dixon of the London Broncos? The man cannot tackle a marshmallow, and you prefer him to Ryan Hall? Get a grip!
Toulouse for Championship in 2017, Super League in 2021!

Avignon for Championship in 2021, Super League in 2022!
Posted by Towns88 on Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:29 pm
Towns88 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 211
Rep Position: 129th / 78,036

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:
Dixon? Are you referring to Keiron Dixon of the London Broncos? The man cannot tackle a marshmallow, and you prefer him to Ryan Hall? Get a grip!

A very good point.
"I'm sorry, but I would hope that we would beat Cas with a 1 day turnaround."

An arrogant Wigan fan a few days before we stuffed them 18-4 at the JJB.
Posted by Anti Aircraft Crew on Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:56 pm
Anti Aircraft Crew Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 315th / 78,036

Saddened! wrote:

I think Mr Hall has had far too many Yorkies over the last few years.
Posted by NickyKiss on Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:51 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 834
Rep Position: 10th / 78,036

Saddened! wrote:

He’s a good 5th choice and whilst I agree he’s too heavy, he’s in a different league (and not just literally) to some of the average players you call out there, even in that shape. The guy was making ground with ease coming off his line in the NRL and on the back of a bad knee injury. He’s as safe as houses, will get us rolling forward and will be as tough as ever to stop near the opposition line. I don’t miss the days of Gardner and Calderwood being first choice that’s for sure!
Posted by ArcticGorilla on Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:37 am
ArcticGorilla User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 297th / 78,036

AXE2GRIND wrote:
Whomever decided to play a series in NZ at this particular time in this particular year needs their heads examined. If the other lot defeat England at the weekend, then the triple header could be the most embarrassing event in the international games recent history. I am off to the tron to watch the tonga game and even that is only expected to get a 12k gate. The NZ SKY adverts feel the need to constantly refer to the team as the GB RUGBY LEAGUE LIONS......the ads seem more like infomercials and the tickets are now available at just $10 a pop....that's a fiver.
GB should walk over this Tongan select side, who are no longer a surprise package and who are pretty predictable.

I have tickets to the triple header and am buzzing for it.

Being able to get down Kingsland in the spring sunshine at lunchtime for pints, lunch and more pints is a pleasant change from going out to Mt Smart peak winter where there isnt a pub for miles.
Posted by eastul105 on Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:23 am
eastul105 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 12
Rep Position: 304th / 78,036

Is this game on sky?
Posted by Wigg'n on Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:00 am
Wigg'n Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 209
Rep Position: 131st / 78,036

Quiz Score: 80

eastul105 wrote:
Is this game on sky?

No it’s on BBC
Posted by Grimmy on Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:09 am
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 379
Rep Position: 65th / 78,036

Quiz Score: 248

Is Charnley injured? I'd have taken him over Hall given his shape/lack of game time. Joe Burgess has been off form for a long time, Marshall and Grace too error prone
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Posted by the artist on Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:21 am
the artist User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 177
Rep Position: 154th / 78,036

Quiz Score: 84

Hall fits the Bennett way, solid metre maker, decent defence and low error count
The referee's indecision is final
PreviousNext