WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - GAME ON : Castleford Tigers v Hull FC - 19:45:00

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace GAME ON : Castleford Tigers v Hull FC - 19:45:00

Posted by Marvin on Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:40 am
Marvin User avatar
ADMIN
ADMIN

Reputation Points: 493
Rep Position: 37th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Location: "Don't pretend you want to talk to me, I know you hate me."
GAME ON : Castleford Tigers v Hull FC - 19:45:00

GENERAL CHAT ABOUT THE GAME, BUILD UP, THE ACTION AS IT HAPPENS AND AFTERMATH BELOW.
"You think you've got problems, what are you supposed to do if you're a manically depressed robot? No, don't bother to answer that, I'm fifty thousand times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the answer. It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level."
Posted by IR80 on Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:37 am
IR80 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 94
Rep Position: 204th / 77,819

Basically a playoff for the playoffs, ywp good sides on paper. both capable of a great performance, both equally capable pf a stinker. Thaler referee, Hicks V.R, definitely got tje potemtial to be one of the better SL games this season.

I thimk we (FC) will just scrape it.
Posted by Nothus on Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:47 am
Nothus User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 353
Rep Position: 61st / 77,819

A few months ago I genuinely thought Hull could end up both in the cup final and the GF. Now they're in serious danger of missing out on the playoffs entirely. They should have been fired up last week and put a poor Huddersfield side to the sword, and look what happened.

Very difficult result to call tonight because you never know what sort of performance Hull are going to come up with.
Posted by Clearwing on Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:00 am
Clearwing User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 562
Rep Position: 24th / 77,819

Difficult one to call. Part of me says home advantage should favour Cas, the other says that if the game is tight and attritional - which it might well be - then Hull will be the better equipped. I've never been totally sold on Powell as a coach as his sides seem to lack the nuts and bolts that are so often needed.

In fact, forget the bit about the bolts.
"The problem when you play Leeds is that they are a huge 'confidence' side. If you get on top of them, they will cower and go away, but when they get in front their chests puff out and they start whooping as they make tackles. " (Jon Wilkin)

“Leeds just wander around looking like they’re doing nothing” (Jon Wilkin)

"Jon Wilkin's tight pants and coffee shop have not helped him to see the bigger picture or allowed him to get a firm grip on reality." (leeds owl)
Posted by Mild mannered Janitor on Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:39 am
Mild mannered Janitor User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 214
Rep Position: 118th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 292

A lot (for Hull) depends on IF Kelly is fit and firing. If he is, it should be a Hull win. Hull play better and with more freedom when they play away from home. Should be a decent following from Hull tonight, but its a shame it got moved from the Sunday (original fixture date) as I think Hull would have brought about 2500 with them.
Nil......Zip.....Nothing....ZERO....0
Posted by IR80 on Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:46 am
IR80 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 94
Rep Position: 204th / 77,819

Mild mannered Janitor wrote:
A lot (for Hull) depends on IF Kelly is fit and firing. If he is, it should be a Hull win. Hull play better and with more freedom when they play away from home. Should be a decent following from Hull tonight, but its a shame it got moved from the Sunday (original fixture date) as I think Hull would have brought about 2500 with them.

IF Kelly is fit, that is a big IF, and IF he starts, I hope he lasts the whole game. You are right about it being a shame it was moved, it should have at least been the Friday game, KR v London tonight would have been better, home game for KR and very few London fans will make the trip, no matter what day it was played, a yelevised game gets lower crowds as it is, but a Thursday night away televised game for the team with the best away support in SL is nonsense.
Posted by MPhil12 on Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:15 pm
MPhil12 Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 15
Rep Position: 282nd / 77,819

Phil Clarke continues to outdo himself. Apparently GB won’t need Hastings with the way Trueman is playing. First time I’ve seen Trueman play well for a long time, he shouldn’t even be in the performance squad never mind the final one.
Posted by mrpurfect on Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:23 pm
mrpurfect User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 11
Rep Position: 286th / 77,819

clear as Day , short of the line.
Blocked list
galliant - When Gutterfax stands alone in a thread out comes his alt account to make it look like he's got support.
Gutterfax - Yawnion patronising Troll
Lebron James - yet another Yawnion patronising Troll,born watching the wrong sport he knows his beloved yawnion is 100 behind League so tries to talk Yawnion up and league down.
Posted by nottinghamtiger on Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:23 pm
nottinghamtiger Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 213
Rep Position: 119th / 77,819

Jake Connor has so much talent, but he just wastes it spending all game picking a fight. There’s one thing “getting under the skin” of the opposition, but it’s got the the point where the only one who is getting wound up and put off his game is Connor.
Posted by DizzyHeights on Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:44 pm
DizzyHeights Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 22
Rep Position: 275th / 77,819

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Jake Connor has so much talent, but he just wastes it spending all game picking a fight. There’s one thing “getting under the skin” of the opposition, but it’s got the the point where the only one who is getting wound up and put off his game is Connor.

Might do him some good to get pinged, you’re right clearly a player with a lot of talent but he’s always looking for something.
Next