WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The most interesting relegation battle in history

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace The most interesting relegation battle in history

User avatarJake the Peg wrote:
Jake the Peg User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

ThePrinter wrote:
No it wouldn’t. Their’s a reason the best supported clubs get shown the most and that’s because they bring more viewers - and that’s what interests Sky the most. Take away your biggest supported team and not thinking Sky (or sponsors who pay money to get as many eyes as possible on their product) would be bothered is wrong.

Rubbish. Leeds income would go down but the TV deal would be unaffected.

Irrelevant anyway as wakey or London will be relegated

User avatarJake the Peg wrote:
Jake the Peg User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

christopher wrote:
No it wouldn’t be great for the game at all, it would be great for a few rival supporters for a bit of a laugh to them but it would not be great for SL or the Championship. Leeds have the resources to keep a SL squad together and likely dominate that league.

If you think Leeds going down wouldn’t affect the TV negotiations you’re being naive.

If you think the northern hemisphere game revolves around Leeds you're being naive.

With their pitiful away following at the kcom in recent seasons it would barely affect my clubs income

User avatarwire-quin wrote:
wire-quin User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Jake the Peg wrote:
If you think the northern hemisphere game revolves around Leeds you're being naive.

With their pitiful away following at the kcom in recent seasons it would barely affect my clubs income

Did the crowd numbers rise with home fans?
Mac out!
Riderofthepalehorse User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

christopher wrote:
And if we get relegated then we will have been measured by our results on the pitch - under the current rules I've no problem with that, we would deserve all we get.

My point being it will not be a good thing for the sport at all, especially when we are just about to negotiate a new TV deal.

Maybe not Christopher but it would stop these cringeworthy missives

I think the plaice will be a bit subdued after last weeks game, but I'm hoping the lads can forget about it and put in a brilliant performance, cod knows we need one, maybe a plan could be to wind Connor up, he'll surely take the bait, hook line and sinker? we also need to tackle better than last week and that may cast a doubt in Hulls mind, we desperately need to start floating to the top end of the table.

User avatarCokey wrote:
Cokey User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
Riderofthepalehorse wrote:
Maybe not Christopher but it would stop these cringeworthy missives

I think the plaice will be a bit subdued after last weeks game, but I'm hoping the lads can forget about it and put in a brilliant performance, cod knows we need one, maybe a plan could be to wind Connor up, he'll surely take the bait, hook line and sinker? we also need to tackle better than last week and that may cast a doubt in Hulls mind, we desperately need to start floating to the top end of the table.

Something fishy about that post. :D

JonnoTheGreat Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

SpainesRoadFartown wrote:
Wakefield are a top 5 side these days aren't they? Who is to blame for them being down there? it certainly can't be themselves.

Oh how i'd laugh if it was them

Who is to blame? Probably refs. The usual whipping boy for any Wakey defeat.

Wakefield are never beaten only cheated you see.
"It's the refs fault again". Biggest moaning whingers in RL.

ThePrinter wrote:
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
Jake the Peg wrote:

No the Northern Hemisphere doesn’t revolve around Leeds nor would SL implode, no one has said either of those things apart from people who can’t properly respond to the points made.

Do you think TV companies or sponsor care about if opposition fans find it funny if Leeds go down or enjoy it because they’re a rival who you’re enjoying seeing struggling after their successful years? No they don’t give a damn about that, they care about people tuning in and eyes on their product if they’re sponsoring. Leeds undoubtedly provide the most for both of these. If you think tv companies and sponsors will offer more or the same with reduced viewers then you don’t understand either. You’re expecting them to pay the same for less essentially.
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
SpainesRoadFartown Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

little wayne69 wrote:
Nah they're on a par with shudds atm, it's a good job we've beaten you three(3) times already this season or we'd be in a worse pickle than what we are in now, and talking of which If I'm honest it would destroy me if shudds actually went down and we helped do with those wins over you, I wouldn't laugh at your misfortune, no seriously :lol:

But they shouldn't be anywhere near on a par with them as Wakefield have a far superior squad with players way above Fartown's squad, also they are playing with the big boys now and are a top club these days aren't they?, maybe their mouthy fans were just a little bit over excited after 2 consecutive finishes above us.

Back down ya daft little moggies :lol:
little wayne69 Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

SpainesRoadFartown wrote:
But they shouldn't be anywhere near on a par with them as Wakefield have a far superior squad with players way above Fartown's squad.

Yes our recent results against you tend to prove that and it's good you can see through your hatred of our club and accept it, never the less it's worrying times when atm we are only on a par with shudds in the league table.
little wayne69 Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

JonnoTheGrate wrote:
Who is to blame? Probably refs. The usual whipping boy for any Wakey defeat.

Wakefield are never beaten only cheated you see.

Cheer up lad only 4 more sleepovers to the school holidays.
PreviousNext