WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The most interesting relegation battle in history

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace The most interesting relegation battle in history


User avatarCokey wrote:
Cokey User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:58 pm
Posts: 11309
Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
little wayne69 wrote:
Sorry to disappoint you ruuBron108 but I've just had a look for you, and I'm afraid you were still posting as leBron James :lol:


:lol: :lol:
Image

JonnoTheGreat Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:28 pm
Posts: 366
Location: Speke
Hopefully Wakefield 'we are now an established top five club' Trinity will lose their remaining games and take the dreaded drop. They should've been relegated years ago when licencing was brought in. How they got one with that shambles of a 'ground' is anyones guess.
"It's the refs fault again". Biggest moaning whingers in RL.
The Devil's Advocate User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:09 pm
Posts: 3784
Location: In the seaside town ...that they forgot to bomb
JonnoTheGreat wrote:
Hopefully Wakefield 'we are now an established top five club' Trinity will lose their remaining games and take the dreaded drop. They should've been relegated years ago when licencing was brought in. How they got one with that shambles of a 'ground' is anyones guess.



After yet another of your incisive posts I've come to the conclusion you are Bill Murray, & I claim my £5.

You forgot the "blaming the Ref" stuff b.t.w.
The E.R.G. - The real enemies of the people.

User avatarPumpetypump wrote:
Pumpetypump User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2002 12:55 pm
Posts: 7472
Location: LS9

JonnoTheGreat wrote:
Hopefully Wakefield 'we are now an established top five club' Trinity will lose their remaining games and take the dreaded drop. They should've been relegated years ago when licencing was brought in. How they got one with that shambles of a 'ground' is anyones guess.


Wasn't it the last minute collapse of the crusaders that ultimately saved their bacon. Not that I'm looking to engage in Trinity bashing I hasten to add!
little wayne69 Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:45 pm
Posts: 5138
Pumpetypump wrote:
Wasn't it the last minute collapse of the crusaders that ultimately saved their bacon. Not that I'm looking to engage in Trinity bashing I hasten to add!

Know this for sure pumpety or was it just hearsay, I doubt Crusaders problems emerged at the last minute, you bulls fans should really let it go.

Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 2158
little wayne69 wrote:
Know this for sure pumpety or was it just hearsay, I doubt Crusaders problems emerged at the last minute, you bulls fans should really let it go.


He's correct, is this yet another poster you intend to stalk and make snide comments towards because they post things you don't like? You're really sad at times.

User avatarPumpetypump wrote:
Pumpetypump User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2002 12:55 pm
Posts: 7472
Location: LS9

little wayne69 wrote:
Know this for sure pumpety or was it just hearsay, I doubt Crusaders problems emerged at the last minute, you bulls fans should really let it go.


I'm unsure why being a Bradford fan would be of relevance to the final round of Superleague franchising. What element of that franchising do I need to "let go"?

Anyway, it was a relatively widespread understanding at the time that Wakefield were to lose their superleague licence, but late in the day the Crusaders meltdown meant that they had a reprieve. If I'm mistaken about that then that's fine, I have no agenda against Wakefield.

bewareshadows User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:43 pm
Posts: 8938
Location: Leeds
My money a few weeks ago would have been on London to go down.

Hull kr though seem to be closer to the mix, which was a surprise a few weeks after their win over Leeds.
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.

User avatarwildshot wrote:
wildshot User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:53 pm
Posts: 1840
Location: The world is my oyster!

Pumpetypump wrote:
I'm unsure why being a Bradford fan would be of relevance to the final round of Superleague franchising. What element of that franchising do I need to "let go"?

Anyway, it was a relatively widespread understanding at the time that Wakefield were to lose their superleague licence, but late in the day the Crusaders meltdown meant that they had a reprieve. If I'm mistaken about that then that's fine, I have no agenda against Wakefield.


That was the script taken by fans of other clubs and the media line building up to the decision but was rumour and suggestion rather than fact. After the franchises were announced someone at the RFL (I forget whom) said in an interview that Wakefield's bid was not the weakest. The media and fans of other clubs tend to ignore this and like to peddle the line that Wakefield only survived due to Crusader's demise (which conveniently suits their agenda).

HTH.
http://flightsandfrustration.com/

It is "Fifita" not "Fafita"

If you don't know the difference between "there", "their" and "they're" I might get annoyed.

Sharing First World problems so you can get it right first time.

Millionaires wanted. Apply here --- Wakefield Trinity

User avatarGIANTSRL wrote:
GIANTSRL User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:26 pm
Posts: 15511
Location: Huddersfield
Fishermanscap wrote:
He’s a mascot. HKR have a Robin as a mascot but they are called HKR. Some teams mascots match the clubs name some don’t, ours doesn’t it’s not rocket science.


wildcats :IDEA: :thumb:
HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eric35, LyndsayGill, NickyKiss, Wilde 3, wrencat1873 and 104 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,126,0171,13378,4714,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X