WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The most interesting relegation battle in history

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace The most interesting relegation battle in history

Posted by Cokey on Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:59 am
Cokey User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 893
Rep Position: 7th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
little wayne69 wrote:
Sorry to disappoint you ruuBron108 but I've just had a look for you, and I'm afraid you were still posting as leBron James :lol:

:lol: :lol:
Posted by JonnoTheGreat on Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:53 pm
JonnoTheGreat Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 83
Rep Position: 220th / 77,850

Hopefully Wakefield 'we are now an established top five club' Trinity will lose their remaining games and take the dreaded drop. They should've been relegated years ago when licencing was brought in. How they got one with that shambles of a 'ground' is anyones guess.
Posted by The Devil's Advocate on Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:07 pm
The Devil's Advocate User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 128
Rep Position: 181st / 77,850

Quiz Score: 308

JonnoTheGreat wrote:
Hopefully Wakefield 'we are now an established top five club' Trinity will lose their remaining games and take the dreaded drop. They should've been relegated years ago when licencing was brought in. How they got one with that shambles of a 'ground' is anyones guess.

After yet another of your incisive posts I've come to the conclusion you are Bill Murray, & I claim my £5.

You forgot the "blaming the Ref" stuff b.t.w.
The E.R.G. - The real enemies of the people.

Stop the right wing coup.
Posted by Pumpetypump on Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:20 pm
Pumpetypump User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 279
Rep Position: 91st / 77,850

Quiz Score: 320

JonnoTheGreat wrote:

Wasn't it the last minute collapse of the crusaders that ultimately saved their bacon. Not that I'm looking to engage in Trinity bashing I hasten to add!
Posted by little wayne69 on Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:29 pm
little wayne69 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 493
Rep Position: 40th / 77,850

Pumpetypump wrote:
Wasn't it the last minute collapse of the crusaders that ultimately saved their bacon. Not that I'm looking to engage in Trinity bashing I hasten to add!

Know this for sure pumpety or was it just hearsay, I doubt Crusaders problems emerged at the last minute, you bulls fans should really let it go.
Posted by Fishermanscap on Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:37 pm
Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 273
Rep Position: 95th / 77,850

little wayne69 wrote:
Know this for sure pumpety or was it just hearsay, I doubt Crusaders problems emerged at the last minute, you bulls fans should really let it go.

He's correct, is this yet another poster you intend to stalk and make snide comments towards because they post things you don't like? You're really sad at times.
Posted by Pumpetypump on Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:46 pm
Pumpetypump User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 279
Rep Position: 91st / 77,850

Quiz Score: 320

little wayne69 wrote:

I'm unsure why being a Bradford fan would be of relevance to the final round of Superleague franchising. What element of that franchising do I need to "let go"?

Anyway, it was a relatively widespread understanding at the time that Wakefield were to lose their superleague licence, but late in the day the Crusaders meltdown meant that they had a reprieve. If I'm mistaken about that then that's fine, I have no agenda against Wakefield.
Posted by bewareshadows on Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:56 pm
bewareshadows User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 107
Rep Position: 199th / 77,850

My money a few weeks ago would have been on London to go down.

Hull kr though seem to be closer to the mix, which was a surprise a few weeks after their win over Leeds.
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.
Posted by wildshot on Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:43 pm
wildshot User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 66
Rep Position: 237th / 77,850

Pumpetypump wrote:
I'm unsure why being a Bradford fan would be of relevance to the final round of Superleague franchising. What element of that franchising do I need to "let go"?

Anyway, it was a relatively widespread understanding at the time that Wakefield were to lose their superleague licence, but late in the day the Crusaders meltdown meant that they had a reprieve. If I'm mistaken about that then that's fine, I have no agenda against Wakefield.

That was the script taken by fans of other clubs and the media line building up to the decision but was rumour and suggestion rather than fact. After the franchises were announced someone at the RFL (I forget whom) said in an interview that Wakefield's bid was not the weakest. The media and fans of other clubs tend to ignore this and like to peddle the line that Wakefield only survived due to Crusader's demise (which conveniently suits their agenda).

HTH.
http://flightsandfrustration.com/

It is "Fifita" not "Fafita"

If you don't know the difference between "there", "their" and "they're" I might get annoyed.

Sharing First World problems so you can get it right first time.

Millionaires wanted. Apply here --- Wakefield Trinity
Posted by GIANTSRL on Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:18 pm
GIANTSRL User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 781
Rep Position: 11th / 77,850

Fishermanscap wrote:
He’s a mascot. HKR have a Robin as a mascot but they are called HKR. Some teams mascots match the clubs name some don’t, ours doesn’t it’s not rocket science.

wildcats :IDEA: :thumb:
HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE
PreviousNext