WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The most interesting relegation battle in history

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace The most interesting relegation battle in history


User avatarCall Me God wrote:
Call Me God User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:14 am
Posts: 2921
Cokey wrote:
If you can pull that off, you should by a Lottery Ticket.

Edited for Accuracy
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:

User avatarCokey wrote:
Cokey User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:58 pm
Posts: 9923
Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
Call Me God wrote:
Edited for Accuracy


:lol: :lol:
Image

User avatarchristopher wrote:
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 9287
Location: West Yorkshire
Cokey wrote:
Why is it a shame? London have done quite well so far this season,but if it isn't enough, then there is no such thing of it's a real shame.


Because I’d like to se a strong London side in SL, I care about the game as a whole and not just about my side. I think no one being relegated from SL and it going to 14 teams for next year is better for the game, don’t think it will happen but still, that’s what I think.

User avatarCall Me God wrote:
Call Me God User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:14 am
Posts: 2921
christopher wrote:
Because I’d like to se a strong London side in SL, I care about the game as a whole and not just about my side. I think no one being relegated from SL and it going to 14 teams for next year is better for the game, don’t think it will happen but still, that’s what I think.

If the game was forward thinking you'd have 2 conferences of 10 sides. 18 H & A v your conference, then 9 against the others, top 2 in each play off for the finals, bottom 4 for the relegation spot..... 13/14 Home games a year + Play offs.
Current top 20 sides include all the "big" names...only Widnes miss out. 2nd tier becomes the league where Ottawa and NYC join, with a chance to go head to head with the bottom side in year 1.
TV money is the key though...you need 36 million a year to fund these 20 clubs...so convince the broadcaster to give us more in return for more games oN TV, but the clubs need to market themselves better.
It'll never happen though....noses in the trough already and no inclination to take any risks to grow the game
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:

nkpom wrote:
nkpom Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:22 pm
Posts: 766
Location: Southampton

CMG You can't say about the Broncos being in the mix now "but that's more to do with how far the "rest" have fallen, rather than how brilliant we've been" and then advocate a 20 team competition in the same thread! The reality that you rightly allude to in the first point is that there are not enough quality players for a TWELVE team competition, never mind a 20 team one.
I'm as much a one eyed Londoner as you are but the issues at London, and the wider game, will not be addressed by another reorganisation. Our game is in a battle for its very survival as a pro sport, and a five to ten year vision is needed to get us through to the other side. I'm afraid having our premier competition run by the clubs themselves and the farce of all the energy in that competition being expended on who the losers are going to be will simply not deliver.

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 14691
Call Me God wrote:
If the game was forward thinking you'd have 2 conferences of 10 sides. 18 H & A v your conference, then 9 against the others, top 2 in each play off for the finals, bottom 4 for the relegation spot..... 13/14 Home games a year + Play offs.
Current top 20 sides include all the "big" names...only Widnes miss out. 2nd tier becomes the league where Ottawa and NYC join, with a chance to go head to head with the bottom side in year 1.
TV money is the key though...you need 36 million a year to fund these 20 clubs...so convince the broadcaster to give us more in return for more games oN TV, but the clubs need to market themselves better.
It'll never happen though....noses in the trough already and no inclination to take any risks to grow the game


So many people moan about the "quality" of the bottom 4 or 5 sides that are in SL at the moment and to add a further 8 into the mix will dilute the quality further.
In theory the 2 conferences sound like a good idea but, we would end up with some very poor fare and although the competition would warm up, when the top sides from each half met, even this would only be the same as we have with the current regular rounds.
Increasing to 14 clubs was an option but, even that boat has sailed.
It will be interesting to see whether anyone can spoil the Toronto graduation ceremony this time around.
You would expect that they would heave leaned plenty from last season but, I'm sure that Leigh, York or Toulouse would love to pee on their chips.
For me, I just hope that Trinity survive to play the promoted side as they look screwed right now and their best hope is to survive on points difference.

User avatarGallanteer wrote:
Gallanteer User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 11:51 am
Posts: 1304
little wayne69 wrote:
I'd be more worried if I was a shudds fan, especially if Catalans are still fighting for a top 5 place.


Looking at the games - Wakey at London might be a hell of a game.
And the Geek shall inherit the Earth!

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 14691
Gallanteer wrote:
Looking at the games - Wakey at London might be a hell of a game.


We've already played them twice in London(and lost)
The third part of the horror trilogy is at Wakefield :oops:

User avatarbramleyrhino wrote:
bramleyrhino User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2002 4:39 pm
Posts: 12792
Location: Leeds 13
Gallanteer wrote:
Looking at the games - Wakey at London might be a hell of a game.


Unfortunately I think that points difference might take the edge of that game. London have to be going into that game on parity with another side in the dog fight, and I'm not sure they will.
I wish everyone would read bramleyrhino's post two or three times just to get it through some thick skulls


Mr bramleyrhino speaks a lot of sense.


Jamie Jones-Buchanan wrote:
"I'd never forgive myself if a child of mine was born in Lancashire.

Frosties. wrote:
Frosties. 100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:24 pm
Posts: 9519
bramleyrhino wrote:
Unfortunately I think that points difference might take the edge of that game. London have to be going into that game on parity with another side in the dog fight, and I'm not sure they will.


I personally believe that Wakefield won’t win a game before this London match. I think London have a win at least before this game, taking it to deadlock between the two.

With Catalans bans and injuries this week we should pull away and enhance our PD a little more.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: burtonsrlfc, CM Punk, Donnyman, endoman, Google [Bot], Khlav Kalash, Richard_W, rollin thunder, Someday, steadygetyerboots-on and 118 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,087,0511,24878,2964,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!



X