WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The most interesting relegation battle in history

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace The most interesting relegation battle in history

Posted by Traffic on Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:33 pm
Traffic User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 65
Rep Position: 323rd / 78,111

Quiz Score: 0

ThePrinter wrote:
All on the Barb site if you want to go look it’s easy to navigate. I know they only counted one channel (Sky Sports Arena) which is why their numbers are wrong and stupid to claim they’re the most watched matches.

128k watched Hull vs Cas on Arena plus 23k on another Sky Sports channel, so more people did NOT watch that than the combine 118k on Arena and 60k+ plus on another channel who watch Wigan vs Leeds.

Whoever complied these pee poor numbers also missed out Wakey vs Leeds on 7th June which was 80k+ plus onSky Sports Arena alone yet missing although theirs a few games in the 70k’s included.

Thanks I'll have a look. Any response to the second question re your assertion that Leeds on TV could double the audience?
Posted by Ruune Rebellion on Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:34 pm
Ruune Rebellion User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 727
Rep Position: 46th / 78,111

I’ve tried but it says I need to register so hook a brother up please
The Leigh and Wakefield fans mentality......

Say something negative about any other team than theirs - Its an opinion

Say something negative about Leigh and Wakefield - TROLL
Posted by ThePrinter on Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:39 pm
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 833
Rep Position: 34th / 78,111

Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
Traffic wrote:
Thanks I'll have a look. Any response to the second question re your assertion that Leeds on TV could double the audience?

I didn’t say they would double the audience I just offered a hypothetical question, of one match gets 150k and another gets 75/100k which would Sky prefer.
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Posted by ThePrinter on Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:40 pm
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
Ruune Rebellion wrote:
I’ve tried but it says I need to register so hook a brother up please

No you don’t need to register at all, stop being lazy
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Posted by Traffic on Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:58 pm
Traffic User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

ThePrinter wrote:
I didn’t say they would double the audience I just offered a hypothetical question, of one match gets 150k and another gets 75/100k which would Sky prefer.

I have tried to get into the BARB site but no luck sorry, keeps asking me to subscribe. I could argue that having London or anywhere with more A/B type audience rather than Leeds would be more attractive to Sky in terms of reach and audience but again hypothetical.
Posted by ThePrinter on Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:59 pm
Gold RLFANS Member

Theirs also 2 occasions where Leeds games got shafted by late changes to Leeds Utd games being moved to tv.

Sky moved Leeds vs Norwich to an evening kickoff when Rhinos were playing Warrington at the exact same time on the opening Saturday and a few weeks later they moved Leeds vs West Brom forward to Friday night 7:45 kickoff directly clashing with Leeds vs Wakefield....both will have taken substantial numbers of the Rhinos games viewing figures.

23/08/2014
Posted by Traffic on Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:03 pm
Traffic User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

ThePrinter wrote:
Theirs also 2 occasions where Leeds games got shafted by late changes to Leeds Utd games being moved to tv.

Sky moved Leeds vs Norwich to an evening kickoff when Rhinos were playing Warrington at the exact same time on the opening Saturday and a few weeks later they moved Leeds vs West Brom forward to Friday night 7:45 kickoff directly clashing with Leeds vs Wakefield....both will have taken substantial numbers of the Rhinos games viewing figures.

Hypothising again sorry, and not the best argument that people who add to the viewing audience only do so when the footballs not on.

I'm not anti Leeds by any stretch but I'm failing to see any proof that Sky would reduce a TV deal for hypothetical viewers who would watch the football team if forced to make a choice.
Posted by ThePrinter on Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:12 pm
Gold RLFANS Member

Traffic wrote:
I have tried to get into the BARB site but no luck sorry, keeps asking me to subscribe. I could argue that having London or anywhere with more A/B type audience rather than Leeds would be more attractive to Sky in terms of reach and audience but again hypothetical.

It wouldn’t be hypothetical because you’d be right but RL doesn’t have those areas playing or aiming for SL

23/08/2014
Posted by ThePrinter on Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:13 pm
Gold RLFANS Member

Traffic wrote:
Hypothising again sorry, and not the best argument that people who add to the viewing audience only do so when the footballs not on.

I'm not anti Leeds by any stretch but I'm failing to see any proof that Sky would reduce a TV deal for hypothetical viewers who would watch the football team if forced to make a choice.

Those two Leeds Utd games in question got around 300k each, hardly a stretch to say 10-20% at a conservative guess (and not including fans who attended the game) would’ve watched the Leeds Rhinos match instead which would’ve made a good jump in figures.

The guys numbers are flawed from the start. To measure how many people watched England in the Cricket World Cup Final the other week would you use only Sky figures or combine them with those who watched on Channel 4? Not just Leeds either as he undersells Saints vs Wigan opener as it actually got 240k not the 180k or so he claimed. Just rubbish research from the guy. All he’s shown is the best watched match on Sky Sports Arena ONLY, however some games are on both Sky Sports Arena and Sky Sports Main Event. Then some are on both Sky Sports Arena and Sky Sports Mix. Some are just solely on Sky Sports Arena and those will get better numbers because their total isn’t spread across two channels.

23/08/2014
Posted by Ruune Rebellion on Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:46 am
Ruune Rebellion User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 727
Rep Position: 46th / 78,111

Well I have scoured the Barb website and the onlu data that the public can access ended September 18 for weekly viewing figures. I therefore deduce that Printer is looking at last years vieweing figures and that the esteemed loverugby publication are in fact correct.
The Leigh and Wakefield fans mentality......

Say something negative about any other team than theirs - Its an opinion

Say something negative about Leigh and Wakefield - TROLL
PreviousNext