WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The most interesting relegation battle in history

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace The most interesting relegation battle in history

User avatarchristopher wrote:
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

cas all the way wrote:
As other CAS fans have said.... If only we could of kept our recent good league record Vs Leeds into this season.... They could be 4 points behind London now.

I think London will be the team to drop. Losing to Wakey in the last game.

And if Leeds had kept their decent record against Hull FC at home and Salford away we could be 4points clear from the rest at the bottom.

Things like that mean nothing.
Riderofthepalehorse User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

christopher wrote:
And if Leeds had kept their decent record against Hull FC at home and Salford away we could be 4points clear from the rest at the bottom.

Things like that mean nothing.

If my auntie had balls, she’d be my uncle, as we say in these parts :D
Salford red all over User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Hasbag wrote:
https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/revealed-the-top-40-most-watched-matches-on-sky-sports-in-2019/

Anyone seen The Printer now this Leeds Bullsh1t has been dispelled ?

Ninth best watched match is Leeds best (and that was against Saints) and Leeds are on every week at that !
Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything.

Mary Hemmingway, US journalist,widow of Ernest Hemmingway (1908-1986)

The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

"I am not young enough to know everything"
Oscar Wilde Irish Playwright (1854-1900)

One likes people much better when they're battered down by a prodigious siege of misfortune than when they triumph.

virginia woolf (1882-1941)

User avatarSnowy wrote:
Snowy User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

christopher wrote:
Apart from Winning it less than 2 years ago that is.

Look we are a poor team at the moment and there's many factors that has led to us being in the position we are in, if we finish bottom we deserve to go down, its as simple as that.

I just don't think that would be a good thing for SL, losing the best supported club in one of the biggest cities isn't good IMO I would say this if it was any of the so called 'bigger clubs' as well, losing Warrington, Wigan, Saints, Hull FC, Catalan, Cas would not benefit SL.

I don't particularly want London to go down as it will be a shame.

Personally I think it's actually a great opportunity to go to 14 teams, I'm not even sure who would be complaining about it. Let's say SL announce today that relegation is scrapped and we are going to a 14 team league for next year with straight home and away fixtures. No one goes from SL so we keep London (and yes Leeds) Toronto automatically gain promotion and the championship playoff goes from 1-5 to 2-6.

Who loses out in that scenario? the Championship clubs now have a better shot at promotion, SL keeps its teams including London who can build on the 'Success' of this year and Toronto come in plus another Championship side.

The idea of relegation in SL is inherently flawed as we don't have an even handed fixture list at the moment.

And the scenario highlighted should not be dismissed, and I am sure it has already been discussed !
[quote="-VIKINGMAN-"]TBF he's a good lad Snowy.

A wind up merchant but a good lad.

:lol:[/quote]

[quote="-VIKINGMAN-"]That sig snowy is Ssooooooooooo old !!![/quote]

OOpps - nowt changes !!

[b]Widnes 8 Leigh 10 LOL!!!
Leigh 23 Widnes 16 LOL!!
Leigh 30 Widnes 16 LOL!!
Widnes 18 Leigh 38 Oh Dear !!
Leigh 54 Widnes 16 FFS!!!
Leigh 50 Widnes 18 We gave them 3 tries !!!
Widnes 18 Leigh 24 Still no points in the 2nd half!!
Good luck Widnes. See you in 2015 !![/b]

ThePrinter wrote:
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
Salford red all over wrote:
Anyone seen The Printer now this Leeds Bullsh1t has been dispelled ?

Ninth best watched match is Leeds best (and that was against Saints) and Leeds are on every week at that !

Shouldn’t believe everything you read. Check BARB and straight away one week early stands out.

That article says Round 2 Hull vs Cas got 128k....it actually got 150k

Whilst Wigan vs Leeds the next night apparently only got 119k....no it didn’t it got 186k
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014

User avatarTraffic wrote:
Traffic User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

ThePrinter wrote:
Shouldn’t believe everything you read. Check BARB and straight away one week early stands out.

Whilst Wigan vs Leeds the next night apparently only got 119k....no it didn’t it got 186k

Grateful for a link if you have one to compare, given the info in the link provided advises it's a different measure (i.e. only counts one channel not two)

So on having access to figures, do you still maintain that Leeds on TV can potentially double the viewing figure?

ThePrinter wrote:
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
Traffic wrote:
Grateful for a link if you have one to compare, given the info in the link provided advises it's a different measure (i.e. only counts one channel not two)

So on having access to figures, do you still maintain that Leeds on TV can potentially double the viewing figure?

All on the Barb site if you want to go look it’s easy to navigate. I know they only counted one channel (Sky Sports Arena) which is why their numbers are wrong and stupid to claim they’re the most watched matches.

128k watched Hull vs Cas on Arena plus 23k on another Sky Sports channel, so more people did NOT watch that than the combine 118k on Arena and 60k+ plus on another channel who watch Wigan vs Leeds.

Whoever complied these pee poor numbers also missed out Wakey vs Leeds on 7th June which was 80k+ plus onSky Sports Arena alone yet missing although theirs a few games in the 70k’s included.
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Ruune Rebellion User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Again, link please
The Leigh and Wakefield fans mentality......

Say something negative about any other team than theirs - Its an opinion

Say something negative about Leigh and Wakefield - TROLL
Salford red all over User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

ThePrinter wrote:

I'll take the figures that have actually been posted Mr P. that is until YOU back yours up. "No it didn't it got 186K " just doesn't wash. :wink:
Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything.

Mary Hemmingway, US journalist,widow of Ernest Hemmingway (1908-1986)

The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

"I am not young enough to know everything"
Oscar Wilde Irish Playwright (1854-1900)

One likes people much better when they're battered down by a prodigious siege of misfortune than when they triumph.

virginia woolf (1882-1941)

ThePrinter wrote:
Gold RLFANS Member

Ruune Rebellion wrote:
Again, link please

Go look on BARB you lazy sods and look it up, it only takes 2/3 mins.

23/08/2014
PreviousNext