WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Winning Super League and winning the Grand Final...

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Winning Super League and winning the Grand Final...

Posted by IR80 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:18 pm
IR80 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 17
Rep Position: 246th / 77,699

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
Posts: 202
When whomever (probably Sainta) top the league are they not SL winners?
When whomever wins the Grand Final (knock out rugby so can't really call it) are they not Grannd Final Winners.

Are they not different things?
Posted by Jack Napier on Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:39 pm
Jack Napier Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 54
Rep Position: 209th / 77,699

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:32 pm
Posts: 220
To win the SL you have to win the GF.

If you finish top of the league, you get the League Leaders Shield. Which no-one cares about.

Trust me, I'm a Warrington fan.
Posted by IR80 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:46 pm
IR80 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 17
Rep Position: 246th / 77,699

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
Posts: 202
Jack Napier wrote:
To win the SL you have to win the GF.

If you finish top of the league, you get the League Leaders Shield. Which no-one cares about.

Trust me, I'm a Warrington fan.

I disagree, but that is what discussiom/opinions are about.
Posted by Someday on Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:12 pm
Someday Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 169
Rep Position: 111th / 77,699

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:00 am
Posts: 567
IR80 wrote:
I disagree, but that is what discussiom/opinions are about.

To be honest wining the league is the hardest thing winning the grand final does not take has many games has the league
Posted by IR80 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:14 pm
IR80 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 17
Rep Position: 246th / 77,699

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
Posts: 202
Someday wrote:
To be honest wining the league is the hardest thing winning the grand final does not take has many games has the league

agreed, like the CC in some respects too.
Posted by rollin thunder on Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:36 pm
rollin thunder Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 489
Rep Position: 22nd / 77,699

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:25 pm
Posts: 3242
IR80 wrote:
I disagree, but that is what discussiom/opinions are about.



Opionions have nothing to do with it, grand final winners are super league champions, league leaders are not, end off.
If you don't agree with it then it's just tough, maybe start watching soccer instead. Old Trafford would not be pretty much a sell out every year if if was just like the old premiership trophy.
Posted by IR80 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:39 pm
IR80 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 17
Rep Position: 246th / 77,699

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
Posts: 202
rollin thunder wrote:
Opionions have nothing to do with it, grand final winners are super league champions, league leaders are not, end off.
If you don't agree with it then it's just tough, maybe start watching soccer instead. Old Trafford would not be pretty much a sell out every year if if was just like the old premiership trophy.

so, I have an opinion that differs, but you feel it a basis for an attempted insult, Football is a wonderful sport as are Rugby Leage and Union, all sport played at the highest level is to be admired.
Posted by rollin thunder on Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:56 pm
rollin thunder Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 489
Rep Position: 22nd / 77,699

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:25 pm
Posts: 3242
IR80 wrote:
so, I have an opinion that differs, but you feel it a basis for an attempted insult, Football is a wonderful sport as are Rugby Leage and Union, all sport played at the highest level is to be admired.

It's not an insult, sorry if you have taken it that way, but it's got nothing to do with your opinion differs from mine, the fact is the super league title is decided by a grand final and has been for over 20 years and for only 25 years of RL history has the title been decided by the league leaders.
This debate has been done to death. Grand final is here to stay and the game is better for it.
Posted by Wellsy13 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:12 pm
Wellsy13 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 59
Rep Position: 204th / 77,699

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:42 pm
Posts: 9956
Location: Hull

This is not a case of opinion. The GF winners are declared champions. Champions are decided by the governing body's system of winning it.

You may think that the league leaders SHOULD be the champions, but we cannot argue who ARE the champions as that is decided by the GF. It is a matter of fact and thinking anything else is like arguing that apples are oranges.
Image
Posted by Judder Man on Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:54 pm
Judder Man User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 149
Rep Position: 121st / 77,699

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:34 pm
Posts: 6226
Location: Now in Enemy Country
IR80 wrote:
When whomever (probably Sainta) top the league are they not SL winners?
When whomever wins the Grand Final (knock out rugby so can't really call it) are they not Grannd Final Winners.

Are they not different things?


You could probably think about it in another way:

Stage 1 is the regular season most of it played on an home and away basis, obviously the top team becomes the League Leaders for that stage and are rewarded for it.

Stage 2 becomes the best of the best on a knock out basis and only the top 5 best teams are allowed to compete for the Grand Final appearance, winners are Superleague Champions.

In my opinion the League Leaders should have more value because its played over 29 games, the Superleague Champions only need to win at the most 3 knockout games. But SKY seem to overvalue the 3 knockout games against the 29 regular games because they control the competition format through the RFL.
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you.
Percival-Lomax--Grace-Thompson-Makinson-Swift-Walmsley, not Eastmond...the future is coming.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big Jim Slade, Brid B&W, Cassandra, ColD, LaVenRouge, TheButcher and 139 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,926,6291,48677,6994,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TOMORROW 10:50
NRL
CRONULLA
v
NQL COWBOYS
Fri 26th Jul 09:00
NRL
NEWCASTLE
v
WESTS TIGERS
Fri 26th Jul 10:55
NRL
SOUTHS
v
ST.GEORGE
Sat 27th Jul 05:00
NRL
PARRAMATTA EELS
v
NZ WARRIORS
Sat 27th Jul 08:30
NRL
GOLD COAST
v
BRISBANE
Sat 27th Jul 10:35
NRL
MELBOURNE STORM
v
MANLY
Sat 27th Jul 14:00
CC2019
WARRINGTON
v
HULL FC
Sat 27th Jul 15:00
 CH1
HUNSLET
v
WHITEHAVEN
Sat 27th Jul 16:30
CC2019
ST.HELENS
v
HALIFAX
Sun 28th Jul 05:00
NRL
CANTERBURY
v
ST.GEORGE
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






2