WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Fight for the Grand Final & A Relegation Battle

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Fight for the Grand Final & A Relegation Battle

Posted by Cokey on Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:59 pm
Cokey User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 888
Rep Position: 7th / 77,823

Quiz Score: 0

Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
supersuperfc wrote:
Me two

:CHEERS: :thumb:
Posted by Someday on Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:35 pm
Someday Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 208
Rep Position: 119th / 77,823

Cokey wrote:
Well, I like a point o lager.

Not me John smiths please
Posted by little wayne69 on Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:54 pm
little wayne69 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 493
Rep Position: 35th / 77,823

supersuperfc wrote:
Me two

Me three.
Posted by NSW on Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:08 am
NSW User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 128
Rep Position: 173rd / 77,823

London will go down and Sean O’Loughlin will probably pick up the trophy as normal.

Only Wigan and Leeds have grand final winning mentality.
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
Posted by snowie on Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:10 am
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 693
Rep Position: 17th / 77,823

Quiz Score: 232

Someday wrote:
Not me John smiths please

Give me pint of any decent micro brewery over a tasteless js
“The bond between the players is something I’ve never had with any other club. Everyone comes into one and we’re all one group. Whenever we get a new signing, everyone just embraces the culture. It’s what I love about this club and I just can’t wait for the journey ahead.”
the Big Bopper

STAY CALM WE'VE BEEN IN WORSE SITUATIONS
Posted by wrencat1873 on Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:25 am
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1102
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,823

MonkeyLover wrote:
Have a look yourself. 20, 30 50 plus games for several players. Grace, Pauloand Richardson, there were plenty of players with decent numbers of games under their belt.

It was a reserve squad but saints reserves are not young kids fresh out of school. As someone else has said they are all first team players therefore Holbrook broke no rules.

Most have first team experience but they are not all FIRST CHOICE players, by some distance.
No rules were broken and Saints are in the Luxury position of being able to "throw" pretty much all of their remaining fixtures (until the play offs) but, deliberately fielding a heavily weakened side, whether within the rule or not, isn't great for the game.
Peacock at Leeds was positively salivating at the thought of the Saints side that Leeds would face in the week before the cup final.
He couldn't contain himself.

Again, in cup final week, it's usual to see some dramatic changes but, with 7 games left, they were disrespecting their opposition and the comp in general.
Posted by Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza on Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:48 am
Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 192
Rep Position: 125th / 77,823

NSW wrote:
London will go down and Sean O’Loughlin will probably pick up the trophy as normal.

Only Wigan and Leeds have grand final winning mentality.

I think you’re right though as a fan of a championship club I’d love it if London stayed up.

Just think they’ve got too much to do even if everyone around them is losing.

Hopefully I’m wrong.
#FURR #FUKM #ISTANDWITHTHEGAMECALLER
Posted by infamous grouse on Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:55 pm
infamous grouse Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 29
Rep Position: 265th / 77,823

wrencat1873 wrote:
IF London beat Saints reserves today, things suddenly get very, very interesting.
Depending on other results, there could be just 2 points separating the bottom 5 clubs.

Is there a conspiracy theory here, in that Saints - a side already just about holding the LLS are deliberately "helping" London ?

I know they have an important semi final coming up but, with all due respect to Halifax and taking into account Saints utter domination of SL this season, making 9 changes for todays fixture being disrespectful of their opposition ?

Assuming that Saints beat Halifax they will be playing Leeds the weekend before the Wembley trip.

The players who featured in the game against London will most probably be called upon again
Posted by wrencat1873 on Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:20 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1102
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,823

infamous grouse wrote:
Assuming that Saints beat Halifax they will be playing Leeds the weekend before the Wembley trip.

The players who featured in the game against London will most probably be called upon again

Indeed
As I said in a previous post, Peacock was absolutely salivating at the prospect of his side, playing the same (or weaker) 17 players in that game.
In sport, we're used to seeing multiple changes in the week before a big final and just about every side does this without question.
However, has ANY RL side rested 9+ players for a regular season game.

Wigan played Trinity a few seasons back with a heavily "injured" side, which was also apparently hit with a mystery virus but, at lease Wane tried to hide the fact that he didn't want to field his strongest available 17.
Saints on the other hand, just used the "squad system" to put out their reserves.

Still looks mickey poor form but London certainly aren't complaininig
Posted by ThePrinter on Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:54 pm
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 655
Rep Position: 18th / 77,823

Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
infamous grouse wrote:

Whilst they’ll make changes I don’t think it’ll be quite as many as the London game (maybe 5/6) . A slight difference is that it’s a Thursday night game so would be a 9 day turnaround instead of the 6 day turnaround between the London and Halifax games and like I mentioned previously with Saints’ fixtures vs Halifax and potentially the Wakefield game not being particularly close/competitive then think they’ll want to avoid being too undercooked going into Wembley.
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
PreviousNext