WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Fight for the Grand Final & A Relegation Battle

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Fight for the Grand Final & A Relegation Battle

Posted by PopTart on Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:08 am
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 951
Rep Position: 4th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Call Me God wrote:
A week is a long time...... You have the tougher run in..... Final day could be the kicker

I agree. But Giants haven't really got it easier.
I reckon both Trinity and Giants need a win badly.

The Hull KR win helped them a lot but it isn't over yet.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Posted by Code13 on Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:31 pm
Code13 100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 89
Rep Position: 214th / 77,850

PopTart wrote:
I agree. But Giants haven't really got it easier.
I reckon both Trinity and Giants need a win badly.

The Hull KR win helped them a lot but it isn't over yet.

Giants hopefully will see the return of a raft of first team players after the week off, and with the points difference London realistically have to win 3 more games than the Giants in the last 6 rounds

Not over no, but if the Giants beat Leeds next round, the Fat Lady is warming up her vocals
Posted by wrencat1873 on Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:51 am
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1116
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,850

IF London beat Saints reserves today, things suddenly get very, very interesting.
Depending on other results, there could be just 2 points separating the bottom 5 clubs.

Is there a conspiracy theory here, in that Saints - a side already just about holding the LLS are deliberately "helping" London ?

I know they have an important semi final coming up but, with all due respect to Halifax and taking into account Saints utter domination of SL this season, making 9 changes for todays fixture being disrespectful of their opposition ?
Posted by Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza on Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:29 am
Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 196
Rep Position: 131st / 77,850

wrencat1873 wrote:
IF London beat Saints reserves today, things suddenly get very, very interesting.
Depending on other results, there could be just 2 points separating the bottom 5 clubs.

Is there a conspiracy theory here, in that Saints - a side already just about holding the LLS are deliberately "helping" London ?

I know they have an important semi final coming up but, with all due respect to Halifax and taking into account Saints utter domination of SL this season, making 9 changes for todays fixture being disrespectful of their opposition ?

Without reading too much into it I saw Councillor Box, Eamon McManus and Robert Elstone stood outside the Scarborough taps in Leeds talking about how much they like site seeing in London. They then shook hands and McManus and Elstone walked off towards the train station holding hands. Councillor Box was collected by his driver and whisked off in his Newcold sponsored Rolls royce.
Posted by wrencat1873 on Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:35 am
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1116
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,850

Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza wrote:
Without reading too much into it I saw Councillor Box, Eamon McManus and Robert Elstone stood outside the Scarborough taps in Leeds talking about how much they like site seeing in London. They then shook hands and McManus and Elstone walked off towards the train station holding hands. Councillor Box was collected by his driver and whisked off in his Newcold sponsored Rolls royce.

With how tight the bottom half of the table is, Trinity are not the only club in peril and I doubt that the fans of KR, Huddersfield and Leeds will be too pleased with London being "given" 2 free points.
All within the rules but, not exactly "within the spirit of the game".
It shows massive respect to Halifax though and maybe the mighty Saints are nervous about next week :D
Posted by bewareshadows on Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:33 pm
bewareshadows User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 107
Rep Position: 199th / 77,850

wrencat1873 wrote:
With how tight the bottom half of the table is, Trinity are not the only club in peril and I doubt that the fans of KR, Huddersfield and Leeds will be too pleased with London being "given" 2 free points.
All within the rules but, not exactly "within the spirit of the game".
It shows massive respect to Halifax though and maybe the mighty Saints are nervous about next week :D

Someone forgot to pass the note to the saints players. They seem to be trying to win the game.

Saints have a tradition of helping the new up coming teams in SL, some years back we did our best to give bradford a helping hand. But even that spark of generosity could not keep a development area like Bradford in the top flight permanently.

However, there is a solution to this issue. We could sack all SL coaches and let opposition fans pick the opposing teams players. This would also help reduce overhead costs for all clubs.
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.
Posted by bewareshadows on Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:36 pm
bewareshadows User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 107
Rep Position: 199th / 77,850

Seems the communique has arrived for the second half.
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.
Posted by My Mate Ronnie on Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:38 pm
My Mate Ronnie User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 318
Rep Position: 78th / 77,850

York & Bradford a close one today in the Championship . Leeds and Hull Close . London Beating Saints.
Posted by My Mate Ronnie on Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:51 pm
My Mate Ronnie User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 318
Rep Position: 78th / 77,850

York beat Bradford 24-24 . To go above Toulouse . Well done York .
Posted by RoyBoy29 on Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:20 pm
RoyBoy29 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 414
Rep Position: 53rd / 77,850

My Mate Ronnie wrote:
York beat Bradford 24-24 . To go above Toulouse . Well done York .

I will have a pint of what you are smoking..
Irony is represented below.

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:
He is not telling the truth. He is talking paranoid rubbish.
PreviousNext