WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Toronto certainties to finish top of The Championship

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Toronto certainties to finish top of The Championship

Posted by wrencat1873 on Sun May 19, 2019 4:30 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1102
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,821

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 12018
After their comfortable victory over Toulouse yesterday, with a 42 - 14 victory, Toronto are now 6 points clear at the top and it looks like they can concentrate all their efforts on managing their squad for the final part of the season.
Things are starting to look straightforward for the Canadian side - no surprise really and the only obstacle is holding their nerve at the business end of the season.
I dont see anyone catching them and it will be all about whether they can win their grand final.

There is the prospect of them winning the league by 10 points and still not being guaranteed promotion.
Posted by HXSparky on Sun May 19, 2019 5:38 pm
HXSparky User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 213
Rep Position: 118th / 77,821

Quiz Score: 96

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:23 pm
Posts: 1936
St Helens are 6 points clear at the top of SL. There is the prospect of them topping the table by 10 points and still not winning SL.
Posted by cas all the way on Sun May 19, 2019 7:45 pm
cas all the way User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 83
Rep Position: 213th / 77,821

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:15 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: advertising my villa

HXSparky wrote:
St Helens are 6 points clear at the top of SL. There is the prospect of them topping the table by 10 points and still not winning SL.

Just like we did couple of year ago.
Posted by SpainesRoadFartown on Sun May 19, 2019 9:24 pm
SpainesRoadFartown Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 104
Rep Position: 194th / 77,821

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:49 pm
Posts: 257
not really a suprise that a team of super league standard players are top of the championship is it
Posted by Ruune Rebellion on Tue May 21, 2019 11:50 am
Ruune Rebellion User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 536
Rep Position: 29th / 77,821

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:20 pm
Posts: 1087
SpainesRoadFartown wrote:
not really a suprise that a team of super league standard players are top of the championship is it


There isnt one player in that Toronto team who would get in St Helens U19s, let alone our first team squad
The Leigh and Wakefield fans mentality......

Say something negative about any other team than theirs - Its an opinion

Say something negative about Leigh and Wakefield - TROLL
Posted by little wayne69 on Tue May 21, 2019 2:40 pm
little wayne69 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 493
Rep Position: 36th / 77,821

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:45 pm
Posts: 1078
Ruune Rebellion wrote:
There isnt one player in that Toronto team who would get in St Helens U19s, let alone our first team squad

Most of them wouldn't even get in the shudds first team squad.
Posted by Ruune Rebellion on Tue May 21, 2019 2:49 pm
Ruune Rebellion User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 536
Rep Position: 29th / 77,821

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:20 pm
Posts: 1087
little wayne69 wrote:
Most of them wouldn't even get in the shudds first team squad.


Aye!
The Leigh and Wakefield fans mentality......

Say something negative about any other team than theirs - Its an opinion

Say something negative about Leigh and Wakefield - TROLL
Posted by JEAN CAPDOUZE on Tue May 21, 2019 5:51 pm
JEAN CAPDOUZE User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 722
Rep Position: 15th / 77,821

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:09 pm
Posts: 6413
Location: Carcassonne, France
little wayne69 wrote:
Most of them wouldn't even get in the shudds first team squad.


Toronto's left centre Richard Leutele (formerly a regular NRL player at Cronulla) would walk into any Super League team, and Toronto's other centre Chase Stanley would get into many Super League sides. The same is true of Toronto's full back and many Toronto forwards, such as Darcy Lussick. Toronto's main weakness is in their halves.

Toulouse by contrast has two excellent Super League standard halves in Johnathon Ford and Stanislas Robin (Ford, ironically, was born in Toronto, Australia). The entire Toulouse backline, when at full strength, is definitely of Super League quality, but the team lacks Super League quality prop forwards.
Toulouse for Championship in 2017, Super League in 2021!

Avignon for Championship in 2021, Super League in 2022!
Posted by little wayne69 on Tue May 21, 2019 6:01 pm
little wayne69 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 493
Rep Position: 36th / 77,821

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:45 pm
Posts: 1078
JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:
Toronto's left centre Richard Leutele (formerly a regular NRL player at Cronulla) would walk into any Super League team, and Toronto's other centre Chase Stanley would get into many Super League sides. The same is true of Toronto's full back and many Toronto forwards, such as Darcy Lussick. Toronto's main weakness is in their halves.

Toulouse by contrast has two excellent Super League standard halves in Johnathon Ford and Stanislas Robin (Ford, ironically, was born in Toronto, Australia). The entire Toulouse backline, when at full strength, is definitely of Super League quality, but the team lacks Super League quality prop forwards.

I see what you did there Jean, to cover up your embarrassing assessment of the crap Toronto side, you conveniently changed the subject to another of your crap teams.
Posted by Mr. Zucchini Head on Wed May 22, 2019 6:43 am
Mr. Zucchini Head Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 275
Rep Position: 86th / 77,821

Quiz Score: 8

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:10 pm
Posts: 11581
Ruune Rebellion wrote:
There isnt one player in that Toronto team who would get in St Helens U19s, let alone our first team squad


You are correct, because they would have to be, you know, under 19.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JEAN CAPDOUZE, Redvee69 and 78 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,956,55474477,8214,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 10:50
NRL
SOUTHS
v
MANLY
TODAY 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
SALFORD
TOMORROW 10:50
NRL
MELBOURNE STORM
v
PARRAMATTA EELS
TOMORROW 15:00
 CH
YORK
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 22nd Sep 14:00
 CH1
OLDHAM
v
DONCASTER
Sun 22nd Sep 14:00
WSL
FEATHERSTONEW
v
YORKW
Sun 22nd Sep 16:00
 CH1
NEWCASTLE
v
WORKINGTON TOWN
Sun 22nd Sep 18:30
 CH
TORONTO
v
TOULOUSE
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





2