Post Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:44 pm
Posted by post on Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:44 pm
post User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 32
Rep Position: 208th / 77,595

Quiz Score: 0

It seems like the RL commentary team are going the same was as football and crow barring a female rugby league player on the panel.

Now women’s rugby league is no better than the worst men’s league so why have them on? I get football because it isn’t a bad standard, but the RL is. What insight can a woman have who’s played a handful of games at a low standard have over a Superleague player or ex-player for that matter like say Lee Briers, Tommy Martyn, Leon Pryce, Lee Crooks, Garry Schofield etc.

Anyone’s else agree?

Please don’t just call me a masogynist, come up with a factual response if you disagree.
Future Wigan/Youngish player Wishlist - Jack Walker, Jayden Brailey, Adam Reynolds, Cameron Murray, Danny Walker, Christian Welch, Jarrod Wallace, Jack Williams (Cronulla forward), Jordan McLean.
Re: Women on Sky
Post Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:02 pm
Posted by Mr. Zucchini Head on Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:02 pm
Mr. Zucchini Head Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 201
Rep Position: 79th / 77,595

Quiz Score: 8

post wrote:
It seems like the RL commentary team are going the same was as football and crow barring a female rugby league player on the panel.

Now women’s rugby league is no better than the worst men’s league so why have them on? I get football because it isn’t a bad standard, but the RL is. What insight can a woman have who’s played a handful of games at a low standard have over a Superleague player or ex-player for that matter like say Lee Briers, Tommy Martyn, Leon Pryce, Lee Crooks, Garry Schofield etc.

Anyone’s else agree?

Please don’t just call me a masogynist, come up with a factual response if you disagree.

First of all you don't need to have played to a high standard to be knowledgeable and insightful about the game. I never played any higher than the Hull and District league but I am certain that I am more knowledgeable about the modern game than plenty of ex professionals.

Secondly, it's about the image we want to portray to viewers and sponsors. We need to appear more inclusive and forward thinking to appeal to a broader spectrum. It might seem like tokenism, but it is important to portray that image.
Post Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:16 pm
Posted by post on Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:16 pm
post User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Mr. Zucchini Head wrote:
First of all you don't need to have played to a high standard to be knowledgeable and insightful about the game. I never played any higher than the Hull and District league but I am certain that I am more knowledgeable about the modern game than plenty of ex professionals.

Secondly, it's about the image we want to portray to viewers and sponsors. We need to appear more inclusive and forward thinking to appeal to a broader spectrum. It might seem like tokenism, but it is important to portray that image.

I’d say we were ahead of our time with having Angela Powers who earned her place and does a great job, why not have her in the studio rather than pitch side?
Future Wigan/Youngish player Wishlist - Jack Walker, Jayden Brailey, Adam Reynolds, Cameron Murray, Danny Walker, Christian Welch, Jarrod Wallace, Jack Williams (Cronulla forward), Jordan McLean.
Post Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:37 pm
Posted by Mr. Zucchini Head on Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:37 pm
Mr. Zucchini Head Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 201
Rep Position: 79th / 77,595

Quiz Score: 8

post wrote:
I’d say we were ahead of our time with having Angela Powers who earned her place and does a great job, why not have her in the studio rather than pitch side?

Tbh, whilst I am happy to have more women involved, I disagree. I don't think Angela Powers is very good at all. Tanya Arnold would be a better example.
Post Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:44 pm
Posted by rollin thunder on Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:44 pm
rollin thunder Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 441
Rep Position: 22nd / 77,595

post wrote:

Anyone’s else agree?

You say don’t call you a madogynist, but you have just come up with a post like that, might as well say “women know your place” “put your knickers on love and make me a cup of tea while the blokes talk about sport”

Your post is pure ignorance, i will await your response where you probably call me a snowflake Or something.
Post Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:49 pm
Posted by Someday on Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:49 pm
Someday Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 143
Rep Position: 108th / 77,595

rollin thunder wrote:
You say don’t call you a madogynist, but you have just come up with a post like that, might as well say “women know your place” “put your knickers on love and make me a cup of tea while the blokes talk about sport”

Your post is pure ignorance, i will await your response where you probably call me a snowflake Or something.

Agree with you nothing wrong with females been their she is better then some men and better looking has well
Post Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:51 pm
Posted by Seth on Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:51 pm
Seth Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 126
Rep Position: 118th / 77,595

Make a judgement on what she contributes and not whether she's a woman. Seems pretty articulate with a good understanding of the game so far.
Post Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:51 pm
Posted by steadygetyerboots-on on Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:51 pm
steadygetyerboots-on Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 52
Rep Position: 188th / 77,595

[quote="post"]It seems like the RL commentary team are going the same was as football and crow barring a female rugby league player on the panel.

Anyone’s else agree?

Please don’t just call me a masogynist, come up with a factual response if you disagree.[/quote]

Well I for one am fed up of listening to former players being crow barred into punditry with zero ability for it. As for your obvious disdain of females being involved in SL I think she’s held her own & it’s refreshing to see/hear a different voice & can only be a posyivebim bringing more female interest in the sport as a whole.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".
Post Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:56 pm
Posted by Ruune Rebellion on Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:56 pm
Ruune Rebellion Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 279
Rep Position: 45th / 77,595

post wrote:

Anyone’s else agree?

Please tell me this is a wind up? He posts a misogynist post then says “don’t call me a masogynist (sic)”

I haven’t checked his posting history but I bet he’s a Wigan fan
Tommy Makinson - Golden Boot Winner 2018

Tom Johnstone - Superleague fan site winger of the year as voted for by Wakefield fans

St Helens v Wigan. The first ever derby
Post Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:04 pm
Posted by post on Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:04 pm
post User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

rollin thunder wrote:

How is it ignorance? The women on the panels aren’t up to the job and only there to tick a box yet you put words in my mouth about ‘women.....know your limits’ etc.
Next