WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Gale done for 2019

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Gale done for 2019

Re: Gale done for 2019
Post Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:58 pm
Posted by Gronk! on Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:58 pm
Gronk! User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 43
Rep Position: 271st / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:45 pm
Posts: 5010
I mean they could also just sign someone for 100k/175k and designate them as marquee and they don't count on the cap at all...
Re: Gale done for 2019
Post Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:25 pm
Posted by Him on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:25 pm
Him User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 426
Rep Position: 49th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 4

Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2002 9:47 am
Posts: 14845
Location: Campaigning for a deep attacking line
I’m struggling to think of a time where this has been done before.

It would seem a bit of a silly anomaly if allowed. If Gale had played in round 1 and been injured then presumably this couldn’t happen. Seems a bit daft to me. Either all players who are injured can be exempt from the cap or none.

Also I’d say if a team deregisters a player and so making them exempt from the salary cap, I think they should be able to be signed by other clubs without a transfer fee.
Re: Gale done for 2019
Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:01 am
Posted by Towns88 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:01 am
Towns88 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 199
Rep Position: 135th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:34 pm
Posts: 4277
In 2016 we lost Shenton for the season 27 minutes in. There was nothing we could do. If the RFL do allow us to do this and we can bring someone in then why the hell not. Look at the shambles that is hardakers drug ban and maybe scrutinise that and compare that with other cocaine users in recent years.

That said, I legitimately don't see us signing anyone. We couldn't get a proper full back from the October before the season so how the hell will we get a first choice 7 4 weeks before the season?
"I'm sorry, but I would hope that we would beat Cas with a 1 day turnaround."

An arrogant Wigan fan a few days before we stuffed them 18-4 at the JJB.
Re: Gale done for 2019
Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:05 am
Posted by ThePrinter on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:05 am
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 655
Rep Position: 17th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 11412
Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
Towns88 wrote:
In 2016 we lost Shenton for the season 27 minutes in. There was nothing we could do. If the RFL do allow us to do this and we can bring someone in then why the hell not. Look at the shambles that is hardakers drug ban and maybe scrutinise that and compare that with other cocaine users in recent years.


What’s drugs bans that aren’t set by the RFL got to do with this case?

Fair enough Cas having the cheek to ask but the RFL shouldn’t even be considering it. They actually should be some exemptions in case of long term injury such as injured onInternational duty or picking up a serious illness or stuff away from rugby like being hit by a drunk driver or beating attacked by a group of guys outside a club. But picking up an injury in training is just part and parcel of sport.

Also as previously mentioned, Leeds and other clubs usually leave some cap space in case of such a problem. Cas not doing and helping them out is just rewarding poor cap management.
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Re: Gale done for 2019
Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:16 am
Posted by Nothus on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:16 am
Nothus User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 365
Rep Position: 63rd / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:27 pm
Posts: 5503
Location: Bradford
The only thing setting this injury apart from many others before it is the timing. It's happened before a ball has even been kicked so Cas have time to salvage the situation.
But I still think other clubs will be annoyed if dispensation is granted. Danny Addy missed all of last season for Hull KR and they just dealt with it. Walmsley missed a hell of a lot of last season for Saints, Manfredi for Wigan, even Albert Kelly was absent with concussion for a while with Hull FC.
My point is that serious injuries are part and parcel of the sport and the timing of an injury should not determine how disadvantageous it is to the club in question.
Re: Gale done for 2019
Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:35 pm
Posted by Gronk! on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:35 pm
Gronk! User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 43
Rep Position: 271st / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:45 pm
Posts: 5010
So i think Cas have really gamed the system.

They've been given dispensation but aren't using it now, instead swapping Wardle for Rankin. That is dodgy for me.
Re: Gale done for 2019
Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:40 pm
Posted by TheDreadnought on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:40 pm
TheDreadnought User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 400
Rep Position: 55th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:17 pm
Posts: 873
Why are Huddersfield so desperate to get Wardle back?
Hi, I’m The Dreadnought. Better known as Dreaders and yeah, I’ve been about a bit. Im in the know on everything league related, I’m an icon in my sector and all round bad boy.

X
Re: Gale done for 2019
Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:54 pm
Posted by caslad75 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:54 pm
caslad75 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 107
Rep Position: 209th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:15 am
Posts: 788
Location: Hemsworth
Gronk! wrote:
So i think Cas have really gamed the system.

They've been given dispensation but aren't using it now, instead swapping Wardle for Rankin. That is dodgy for me.


We're not making many friends at the moment are we?? If those are the RFL rules and we are just playing by them then fair enough but, even as a Cas fan, I don't agree with it. I don't care what anyone says about 'we are close to the cap', we always leave a little room in case we need anything mid season. Swapping Wardle for Rankin (if it turns out to be true, but the rumour is gathering pace) and replacing Wardle with Clarkson balances our squad more anyway. We have 4 other half backs that we can call upon, plus the likes of McShane, Millington that can play in the halves in an emergency. We shouldn't need cap dispensation. Let's say one of the other half options performs really well and makes the place his own, then we go out and sign someone of quality in a different position. What happens then? There will be uproar with people saying we have cheated the system and used the cap dispensation for another position. I'm not comfortable with it at all. The best thing we can do is to thank the RFL for allowing it, but state that we won't be using it. As always, only my opinion!
Re: Gale done for 2019
Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:07 pm
Posted by My Mate Ronnie on Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:07 pm
My Mate Ronnie User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 318
Rep Position: 79th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:20 am
Posts: 604
caslad75 wrote:
We're not making many friends at the moment are we?? If those are the RFL rules and we are just playing by them then fair enough but, even as a Cas fan, I don't agree with it. I don't care what anyone says about 'we are close to the cap', we always leave a little room in case we need anything mid season. Swapping Wardle for Rankin (if it turns out to be true, but the rumour is gathering pace) and replacing Wardle with Clarkson balances our squad more anyway. We have 4 other half backs that we can call upon, plus the likes of McShane, Millington that can play in the halves in an emergency. We shouldn't need cap dispensation. Let's say one of the other half options performs really well and makes the place his own, then we go out and sign someone of quality in a different position. What happens then? There will be uproar with people saying we have cheated the system and used the cap dispensation for another position. I'm not comfortable with it at all. The best thing we can do is to thank the RFL for allowing it, but state that we won't be using it. As always, only my opinion!


I wouldn’t worry about it Caslad . If the rule exists then utilise it , I’m sure fans of rival clubs commenting on Luke Gale and Castlefords situation would want their club to do the same , should it happen to one of their players .

The RFL have done clubs favours in the past , they show no consistency in the rules , So I wouldn’t feel guilty if I were you . Best of luck for the season .
Re: Gale done for 2019
Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:52 pm
Posted by caslad75 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:52 pm
caslad75 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 107
Rep Position: 209th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:15 am
Posts: 788
Location: Hemsworth
My Mate Ronnie wrote:
I wouldn’t worry about it Caslad . If the rule exists then utilise it , I’m sure fans of rival clubs commenting on Luke Gale and Castlefords situation would want their club to do the same , should it happen to one of their players .

The RFL have done clubs favours in the past , they show no consistency in the rules , So I wouldn’t feel guilty if I were you . Best of luck for the season .


I shouldn't worry about it really, and when the season gets underway theres other things to worry about, but I just believe in whats right is right, thats all. I'll be happy enough with Wardle gone and Clarkson/Rankin in.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bramleyrhino, Durham Giant, eric35, HuddsRL5, Jimbo_Returns, little wayne69, Moe syslak, nadera78, roo67, wotsupcas and 135 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,984,3191,53477,9054,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 30th Jan 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 31st Jan 19:30
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
LEIGH
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
SALFORD
Sat 1st Feb 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sat 1st Feb 19:30
 CH
TOULOUSE
v
YORK
Sun 2nd Feb 14:30
SL
TORONTO
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
SHEFFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





2