WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Which teams will be the competition leaders in 2019?

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Which teams will be the competition leaders in 2019?

Posted by little wayne69 on Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:44 pm
little wayne69 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 335
Rep Position: 42nd / 77,651

Quiz Score: 0

wrencat1873 wrote:
So Catalan are playing all of their home games straight up then and they still wont have 20 points after 13 rounds.
Do you fancy a wager for charity Jean.

You'll have to sober him up first.
Posted by Willzay on Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:13 pm
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 582
Rep Position: 14th / 77,651

Ruune Rebellion wrote:
On paper, I would say Warrington are the team to beat this year. Then it will be between Cas, Saints and Wigan.

At the other end, luckily for Salford and Wakefield, London are terrible and will go down with probably the lowest points total in SL history

Not obvious at all, King James. :roll:
Id clean up RLFANS in 5 minutes.

Troll hitlist :

Jean Capdouze

Sir Kev/My Mate Ronnie

Lebron/Ruune Rebellion

Jonno
Posted by Willzay on Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:16 pm
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 582
Rep Position: 14th / 77,651

Warrington
Saints
Cas
Wakefield
Leeds
Wigan
Catalans
Huddersfield
Hull FC
Hull KR
Salford
London
Id clean up RLFANS in 5 minutes.

Troll hitlist :

Jean Capdouze

Sir Kev/My Mate Ronnie

Lebron/Ruune Rebellion

Jonno
Posted by Mr. Zucchini Head on Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:36 pm
Mr. Zucchini Head Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 233
Rep Position: 77th / 77,651

Quiz Score: 8

Based on the regular season winner odds the bookies are going for this:

Saints
Warrington
Wigan
Cas
Leeds
Hull
Catalans
Huddersfield
Wakefield
Hull KR
Salford
London

My personal prediction is:

Saints
Warrington
Cas
Hull
Wigan
Wakefield
Catalans
Huddersfield
Leeds
Hull KR
Salford
London

Its a really tough one though. Catalans, Huddersfield and Leeds (and to a lesser extent even Hull KR) have the potential to do much better than that if things go right for them. Whereas Cas, Hull, Wigan (big transitional year), and Wakefield could all find themselves struggling if things don't quite go right. I am confident about my top 2, and bottom 2, but the rest could be in any order really.
Posted by ThePrinter on Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:20 pm
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 567
Rep Position: 15th / 77,651

Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
wrencat1873 wrote:
Well, Trinity get part of their funding (IIRC 200k) docked for the state of their ground and we dont have any marque signings and Carter to date has always been happy to say things as they are, even when we were deep in the financial mire.

However, there does seem a fair amount of disbelief from fans of other clubs, particularly those from clubs spending up to the cap and being bang average, which from a Trinity fans perspective is just hilarious :lol:

Pound for pound, Trinity are the best side in the comp :D
(this is for Jonno the Great, so he has a new phrase to recycle 3 or 4 times a week :SUBMISSION: )

Not disbelief just common sense that any squad (and ESPECIALLY their agents) who have managed to take a team to a few top 5 finishes will expect/ask for improved money. You think Cas are still paying some of their players the same amounts they were on in 2015/2016? Can see you building that squad over the last few years for a chunk under the cap but if Carter is still saying you’re well under the cap that would mean a lot of your squad is still getting paid much less than what they’ve achieved in league placings and ATEOTD rugby players have mortgages to pay and careers are short so will always hope to make improved money.
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Posted by JonnoTheGreat on Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:43 pm
JonnoTheGreat Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 63
Rep Position: 197th / 77,651

I think it'll be

Cas
Stains
Pies
Huddersfield
Dire
Whinos
Dull FC
Cats
HKR
Salford
Wakey
London
Posted by little wayne69 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:54 am
little wayne69 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 335
Rep Position: 42nd / 77,651

JonnoTheGreat wrote:
I think it'll be

Cas
Stains
Pies
Huddersfield
Dire
Whinos
Dull FC
Cats
HKR
Salford
Wakey
London

If you had just put this is my selection and left it at that then it would have been fine, it's the underlined bit at the top what makes it hilarious :lol:
Posted by Pumpetypump on Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:10 am
Pumpetypump User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 230
Rep Position: 79th / 77,651

Quiz Score: 320

Ok if no one else is going to be the chippy championship fan I'll have to do it.

THE competition?
Posted by wrencat1873 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:55 am
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 866
Rep Position: 3rd / 77,651

ThePrinter wrote:
Not disbelief just common sense that any squad (and ESPECIALLY their agents) who have managed to take a team to a few top 5 finishes will expect/ask for improved money. You think Cas are still paying some of their players the same amounts they were on in 2015/2016? Can see you building that squad over the last few years for a chunk under the cap but if Carter is still saying you’re well under the cap that would mean a lot of your squad is still getting paid much less than what they’ve achieved in league placings and ATEOTD rugby players have mortgages to pay and careers are short so will always hope to make improved money.

Indeed and this is probably the most difficult aspect cor coaches and CEO's to get right and is also one of the factors in Wigan, Leeds and Saints success over the years, in that they have been able to fill their squads with "home grown" youngsters who, typically, dont have the same wage demands (until they reach international status).
As I say, a really tough part of squad management and you are right. The more successful any side becomes and the more that the players start to believe that they are world beaters and will consequently demand higher wages.

I suppose that the clever managers will make being part of a certain club, more than just playing on Sundays and if their squad are generally happy, they may be a little less likely to keep wanting a pay rise, no different to the outside world.

The one huge aspect of Trinity's relative success is that they have a large number of players who perhaps couldnt get game time or were down the pecking order at other clubs and maybe, they respect what they have at Trinity.

Thankfully there is more to life than money and in an era where clubs generally dont pay transfer fees, there is some relief for clubs like ours.

Back in the day, whenever Leeds were short of players, they would be along with their cheque book and buying up the best players from their local rivals. Again, thankfully, this doesn't happen quite as often these days but, I'm sure that they are still sniffing.
Posted by Biff Tannen on Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:40 am
Biff Tannen User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 218
Rep Position: 84th / 77,651

wrencat1873 wrote:
Back in the day, whenever Leeds were short of players, they would be along with their cheque book and buying up the best players from their local rivals. Again, thankfully, this doesn't happen quite as often these days but, I'm sure that they are still sniffing.

And on the flip side, down the years local rivals have not done bad taking on players deemed dead wood at Leeds.
What you looking at?....Butt Head!!
PreviousNext