Posted by bramleyrhino on Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:59 pm
bramleyrhino User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 235
Rep Position: 106th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Lost in Leeds wrote:
Is that because the super 8 format was championed by Hetherington. I'm having a pint to celebrate his loss.

And voted for by many others. Despite common folklore, GH had no more influence than any other SL chairman. He had one vote, the same as the other 11.

And as far as his comments on other clubs using the eights as an excuse, I have a strong feeling that he won't be proved wrong.

Like Elstone says, the pressure is on now. Any club that is still playing in front of mickey poor sub-5k gates, or has to resort to raffling off sponsorships as if they're a bag of meat at the working men's club next season only has themselves to blame.
I wish everyone would read bramleyrhino's post two or three times just to get it through some thick skulls

Mr bramleyrhino speaks a lot of sense.

Jamie Jones-Buchanan wrote:
"I'd never forgive myself if a child of mine was born in Lancashire.
Re: Loop fixtures
Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:52 pm
Posted by Lebron James on Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:52 pm
Lebron James Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 204
Rep Position: 123rd / 77,819

bramleyrhino wrote:
And voted for by many others. Despite common folklore, GH had no more influence than any other SL chairman. He had one vote, the same as the other 11.

And as far as his comments on other clubs using the eights as an excuse, I have a strong feeling that he won't be proved wrong.

Like Elstone says, the pressure is on now. Any club that is still playing in front of mickey poor sub-5k gates, or has to resort to raffling off sponsorships as if they're a bag of meat at the working men's club next season only has themselves to blame.

What is Leeds average attendance in relation to the population of Leeds? Less than Wakefield isn’t it? Utterly embarassing and no wonder Hatherington is treated with utter contempt by everyone else

Regards

King James
Superleague Titles
Warrington Wolfs - 0
Wakefield Trinity - 0
Leigh Centurions - 0

Budgiezilla wrote:
Surely it can only be a player from Catalans. Probably the best RL side I have ever witnessed in this season's comp.
Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:34 am
Posted by bramleyrhino on Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:34 am
bramleyrhino User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 235
Rep Position: 106th / 77,819

Lebron James wrote:
What is Leeds average attendance in relation to the population of Leeds? Less than Wakefield isn’t it? Utterly embarassing and no wonder Hatherington is treated with utter contempt by everyone else

Regards

King James

I fail to see how that's relevant to this discussion but anyway, have at it.

I think Leeds can and should be doing more in key areas. However, it's probably something that the club is addressing given that it recently recruited / advertised for a marketing manager focused on new fan acquisition. Instead of blaming the structure, the club is proactively addressing the issue. That's the big difference here.

But let's not pretend that population size isn't a red herring, because you know it is. The population of Leeds is much more transient than other parts of RL land (how many students / professionals move from elsewhere in the country to study or take up work opportunities in Castleford or Wigan?) and the Leeds leisure market is much more competitive - there are lots of things you can do in Leeds on a Friday night for £30.

Like I said, Leeds aren't beyond criticism - not least this season - but instead of blaming others for their problems, they're being proactive about addressing them.
I wish everyone would read bramleyrhino's post two or three times just to get it through some thick skulls

Mr bramleyrhino speaks a lot of sense.

Jamie Jones-Buchanan wrote:
"I'd never forgive myself if a child of mine was born in Lancashire.
Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:04 am
Posted by ryano on Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:04 am
ryano User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 56
Rep Position: 242nd / 77,819

Lebron James wrote:

Regards

King James

Isn't Wakey the biggest city without a football team ergo the rugby team have a monopoly on the populace if we're sticking to this "everyone within the city should be at the game" nonsense? BTW I don't live in Leeds, am I still allowed? :CRAZY:
"Arguably the best Rugby League side certainly in the last 40 years!" Phil Clarke.
Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:18 am
Posted by GUBRATS on Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:18 am
GUBRATS User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 320
Rep Position: 73rd / 77,819

bramleyrhino wrote:

Elstone can say what he wants , who will be replacing any of these ' under performing ' clubs ?
snaivooladniv eht fo thgim eht eraweb
Previous