FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Current LIVE TV Match : Hull Kingston Rovers 28 - 0 Hull FC LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Half Time
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Loop fixtures
RankPostsTeam
International Star4766No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 15 201113 yearsth
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 23:0928th Mar 24 21:01LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Loop fixtures : Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:20 pm  
Mr Dog wrote:
But you're quite happy to buy one despite the fact that the day and time of KOs are often changed for Sky's benefit after the fixture list has been published?

Yes because if i know i am going to the game that weekend it does not matter if its Friday Saturday or Sunday, and its like only happens now and again anyway, and it has never affected me.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4766No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 15 201113 yearsth
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 23:0928th Mar 24 21:01LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Loop fixtures : Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:21 pm  
confirmed loop fixtures are back due to poor crowds for super 8's (which are just still loop fixtures)
Karen 
RankPostsTeam
Moderator11182
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 28 200222 yearsth
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Feb 24 19:3119th May 23 21:30LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
:DAISY: Black 'n' White's Best Female 2006 & Runner Up 2007 & 2008 :DAISY:
"We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club", A Pearson 23/09/2011

Re: Loop fixtures : Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:45 pm  
The biggest issue with the way it happens now is that you have no idea if you are at home for a 7 week period, the majority of that time is the school holidays. People cannot wait until the fixtures come out for the final 7 games before booking holidays so just have to wing it and hope that they aren't missing a home game. Inevitably, they will therefore crowds will be down. At least this way we know whether we are at least home/away right up to the end of the season making holidays easier to plan and hopefully crowds will suffer a little less.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17871
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 yearsth
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 16:0828th Mar 24 10:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Loop fixtures : Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:56 pm  
bramleyrhino wrote:
I'm not comparing anyone to Leeds. You did that by yourself.

What I am saying is that is wrong of Carter (or any other chairman, CEO or owner) to use the structure as an excuse for his clubs commercial success (or lack of).

When you can't even rank in Google for the thing that you publicly claim you're struggling to sell, it's an indication of how hard you're trying to sell it.

Although you are quoting Carter for using the structure as "an excuse" for his commercial success, he's probably bang on the money.
Whatever you think of the guy, he certainly knows where every penny is made or lost at Wakefield and if he says the structure is harming the clubs commercial income, I suggest that he's right.
Could Trinity do more, undoubtedly but, he is still right and when you look at the Super 8's, particularly this season, it's a pretty tough sell for the clubs in 5th - 8th and without checking all attendances, it isn't just Wakefield that are losing out, hence the new format.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1426No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 27 201311 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Nov 22 21:4021st Sep 22 16:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Loop fixtures : Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:20 pm  
I am certain that this time next year we will be congratulating the chairmen for their far sighted and wise leadership. I expect the fans to flood back to the rejuvenated Super League and all clubs will be achieving 10 000 averages. It is good to see that they have identified the reasons for Rugby League's problems and have made changes to address those problems rather than tinkering at the edges. They could have just gone back to a version of what has been tried before and failed. At least they have not decided to create a fixture list that gives an advantage to certain teams over others each season with an unbalanced fixture list. :lol: :lol: :lol: :CLAP: just visionary.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5639
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20 200915 yearsth
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Mar 24 02:0924th Mar 24 22:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Loop fixtures : Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:48 pm  
bramleyrhino wrote:
I'm not comparing anyone to Leeds. You did that by yourself.

What I am saying is that is wrong of Carter (or any other chairman, CEO or owner) to use the structure as an excuse for his clubs commercial success (or lack of).

When you can't even rank in Google for the thing that you publicly claim you're struggling to sell, it's an indication of how hard you're trying to sell it.

Whether indirectly or not there are mentions of both in particular during the course of this year when you go on about marketing a club. Like I said, you continually pull Trinity up but hardly a mention of other better financed and stadia clubs are brought up, so what am I supposed to take from that? how do you think it comes across over the past year or more?

Do you know how many staff Trinity has at its disposal, especially compared to Leeds or Wigan? it's literally just a handful of non-RL backroom staff to do everything at the Club.

I completely acknowledge that Trinity and most other RL teams need to improve this side of their business and make sure things you pointed out, like being top on the Google index for relative parts of the clubs they want to sell is a start, but it's not as if it Hospitality isn't relatively well advertised, it just happens not to index well on a Google search for whatever reason.

It just seems to me that Trinity is a very easy target for Leeds fans especially for whatever reason and a few posters go out of their way to pull them up when they could quite easily pull up several other Clubs but never really do.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5639
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20 200915 yearsth
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Mar 24 02:0924th Mar 24 22:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Loop fixtures : Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:02 pm  
wrencat1873 wrote:
Although you are quoting Carter for using the structure as "an excuse" for his commercial success, he's probably bang on the money.
Whatever you think of the guy, he certainly knows where every penny is made or lost at Wakefield and if he says the structure is harming the clubs commercial income, I suggest that he's right.
Could Trinity do more, undoubtedly but, he is still right and when you look at the Super 8's, particularly this season, it's a pretty tough sell for the clubs in 5th - 8th and without checking all attendances, it isn't just Wakefield that are losing out, hence the new format.

He certainly does and it's probably the reason why the other SL owners all got him to analyze what money RL was getting, when this process started months ago and whether we were getting value for money for it and if it was being used in the best way possible etc.
He talked about it on RL on RY or proper sport or whatever it's called nowadays a couple of times earlier thisn season and got quissed by Caplan etc about it.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member12792
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 15 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Oct 20 11:2121st Oct 20 10:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I wish everyone would read bramleyrhino's post two or three times just to get it through some thick skulls

Mr bramleyrhino speaks a lot of sense.

Jamie Jones-Buchanan wrote:
"I'd never forgive myself if a child of mine was born in Lancashire.

Re: Loop fixtures : Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:32 pm  
wrencat1873 wrote:

Carter is undoubtedly good at what he does. If you want a bean counter, he's your man. But going back to my original point, as an accountant he should know as well as anyone that correlation is not causation.

If we could say with certainty that Wakefield's hospitality offering was still relevant to the needs of the market, that it was attractive to clients and if the club were selling it as hard as they can through modern and relevant sales channels, he'd be speaking from a position of strength in claiming that the S8s are the reason he can't sell them.

But a very quick Google search shows that isn't the case. It's therefore only right that his claims get called out.
Last edited by bramleyrhino on Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member12792
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 15 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Oct 20 11:2121st Oct 20 10:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I wish everyone would read bramleyrhino's post two or three times just to get it through some thick skulls

Mr bramleyrhino speaks a lot of sense.

Jamie Jones-Buchanan wrote:
"I'd never forgive myself if a child of mine was born in Lancashire.

Re: Loop fixtures : Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:59 pm  
Shifty Cat wrote:
Whether indirectly or not there are mentions of both in particular during the course of this year when you go on about marketing a club. Like I said, you continually pull Trinity up but hardly a mention of other better financed and stadia clubs are brought up, so what am I supposed to take from that? how do you think it comes across over the past year or more?

Do you know how many staff Trinity has at its disposal, especially compared to Leeds or Wigan? it's literally just a handful of non-RL backroom staff to do everything at the Club.

I completely acknowledge that Trinity and most other RL teams need to improve this side of their business and make sure things you pointed out, like being top on the Google index for relative parts of the clubs they want to sell is a start, but it's not as if it Hospitality isn't relatively well advertised, it just happens not to index well on a Google search for whatever reason.

It just seems to me that Trinity is a very easy target for Leeds fans especially for whatever reason and a few posters go out of their way to pull them up when they could quite easily pull up several other Clubs but never really do.

I will more than happily call out Leeds or any other club, but Gary Hetherington is not publicly on record as saying that the league structure is the reason why parts of his business are not performing. Far from it. Carter, on the other hand, is one of the more vocal of a group that is.

As for the number of staff at Wakefield, I've no idea who works there but I do know that in both sport and various other lines of business, small marketing teams with small budgets achieve a hell of a lot more than most RL clubs seem to. Things like basic SEO, digital marketing and ecommerce and eCRM (something a Wakefield fan called out on here) are all things that do not néed big teams of marketing experts with a massive budget.

All RL clubs, Wakefield and Leeds included, have to decide whether they see the development and marketing of their product as a cost or an investment. If they decide the former, that's up to them, but nobody show owe then any sympathy for the consequences of that and they should not be blaming others for things that they should be getting right.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach229No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 16 200420 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
31st May 19 22:4031st May 19 19:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Loop fixtures : Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:56 pm  
bramleyrhino wrote:
I will more than happily call out Leeds or any other club, but Gary Hetherington is not publicly on record as saying that the league structure is the reason why parts of his business are not performing. Far from it. Carter, on the other hand, is one of the more vocal of a group that is.

As for the number of staff at Wakefield, I've no idea who works there but I do know that in both sport and various other lines of business, small marketing teams with small budgets achieve a hell of a lot more than most RL clubs seem to. Things like basic SEO, digital marketing and ecommerce and eCRM (something a Wakefield fan called out on here) are all things that do not néed big teams of marketing experts with a massive budget.

All RL clubs, Wakefield and Leeds included, have to decide whether they see the development and marketing of their product as a cost or an investment. If they decide the former, that's up to them, but nobody show owe then any sympathy for the consequences of that and they should not be blaming others for things that they should be getting right.

Is that because the super 8 format was championed by Hetherington. I'm having a pint to celebrate his loss.
PreviousNext