WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Who will replace Widnes: Toronto, Toulouse or London?

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Who will replace Widnes: Toronto, Toulouse or London?

Posted by Lebron James on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:56 am
Lebron James Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 204
Rep Position: 126th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

RoyBoy29 wrote:
I will tell you what was put shall I..

Bugiezilla threw the "troll" comment to Kev, Kev stated it broke the rules by name calling other users.

I did point out, and quoted Kev doing exactly the same on the same thread 2 pages earlier.

I told him of his double standards.

Now all the posts have all mysteriously disappeared without any reason.

Now, what I find funny is nothing is said to the usual baiters on here when they break "the rules", its just swept silently under the carpet.

Nothing to do with an obsession you seem to have with Leigh

Why don’t you ask your mate who’s a mod on the Wigan board why your posts were deleted. Seems strange all your posts would vanish mate

Regards

King James
Superleague Titles
Warrington Wolfs - 0
Wakefield Trinity - 0
Leigh Centurions - 0

Budgiezilla wrote:
Surely it can only be a player from Catalans. Probably the best RL side I have ever witnessed in this season's comp.
Posted by Call Me God on Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:12 am
Call Me God User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 945
Rep Position: 6th / 77,850

RoyBoy29 wrote:
INow all the posts have all mysteriously disappeared without any reason.

A number of posts where I quoted posts from the 3 amigos and the long lamented Joff recently vanished without trace nor warning or friendly email from the moderators....the reality is that this site is not a democracy and if they want/need the trolls to generate clicks, then the trolls will stay....except Joff, who I think may have pushed a little too hard 8)

Lebron, Sir Kev and Chorley boy have a collective 10k in posts between them.......anyone care to gamble on how many are on the Saints, Leeds and Catalans boards respectively given that these are "THEIR TEAMS", coz I'd be happy to wager no more than 7%.....but nah....they ain't trolls :lol:
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:
Posted by RoyBoy29 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:40 am
RoyBoy29 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 414
Rep Position: 53rd / 77,850

Lebron James wrote:
Why don’t you ask your mate who’s a mod on the Wigan board why your posts were deleted. Seems strange all your posts would vanish mate

Regards

King James

How many times have you been told now...IT WASNT ME WITH THE REFERENCE TO HAVING A MATE WHO IS A MOD ON THE WIGAN BOARD.

Mods delete this wind up cretin, or at the very least reign him in.
Irony is represented below.

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:
He is not telling the truth. He is talking paranoid rubbish.
Posted by LyndsayGill on Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:07 am
LyndsayGill User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 129
Rep Position: 178th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 284

Call Me God wrote:
Yeah....coz the viewing figures for a midnight KO on a school night will be epic 8)

Like Catalans, Toronto will play their games at a fixed time on a fixed day, probably 3pm local time on Saturdays, giving SKY an 8pm KO every second week. If they can take the feed from the mancpacs broadcast partners, then I expect Catalans to be at home one week, Toronto the next, giving SKY Thursday, Friday and Saturday every weekend.

I think you missed the 'Tongue in the Cheek'
The mind is like a parachute. If it's not open it won't work. - Frank Zappa
Posted by Harrison on Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:17 am
Harrison Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 298th / 77,850

Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:
Toronto has an attendance of 8,281 yesterday with hardly any away fans. If clubs are relying on getting a considerable number of away fans through the gate each week they don’t deserve to be in Super League.

Can you show me four clubs in Super League that are currently profit making or near break even? RL relies on its backers so away fans are vital.
Posted by puroresu_boy on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:16 pm
puroresu_boy Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 42
Rep Position: 259th / 77,850

away fans vital? I'm sorry but if a side cannot make enough money by attracting enough home fans through the gate then that is their problem not the away side.

It matters not one iota if Catalan or a Toronto have no away fans at games as it is not there responsibility to make sure the home side gets enough spectators in the ground.
Posted by Mild Rover on Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:40 pm
Mild Rover User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 329
Rep Position: 72nd / 77,850

With apologies to the more sensible contributors, I think the best thing is to start this over.

We all make this board what it is - provocateurs, angry responders, mods et al.
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.
Previous