WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 2019 Player Ins & Outs

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace 2019 Player Ins & Outs

Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs
Post Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:30 pm
Posted by Towns88 on Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:30 pm
Towns88 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 193
Rep Position: 129th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:34 pm
Posts: 4243
Salford red all over wrote:
Thing is you don't know it isn't true but it obviously suits your argument. FWIW I was told Leeds offered more but wanted three years and no get out clause, and as for Marquee spots it's not like Leeds haven't been known to move players on at the drop of a hat is it ? maybe thats why Sinners went for Lui after the Hastings deal was dead in the water.

By the way Sinners would have got shut of Merrin or Hurrell at the drop of a hat if he could have got Hastings .




Not sure about the latter. Merrin has arguably been their player of the year.
"I'm sorry, but I would hope that we would beat Cas with a 1 day turnaround."

An arrogant Wigan fan a few days before we stuffed them 18-4 at the JJB.
Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs
Post Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:42 pm
Posted by ThePrinter on Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:42 pm
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 655
Rep Position: 17th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 11412
Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
Salford red all over wrote:
Thing is you don't know it isn't true but it obviously suits your argument. FWIW I was told Leeds offered more but wanted three years and no get out clause, and as for Marquee spots it's not like Leeds haven't been known to move players on at the drop of a hat is it ? maybe thats why Sinners went for Lui after the Hastings deal was dead in the water.

By the way Sinners would have got shut of Merrin or Hurrell at the drop of a hat if he could have got Hastings .


You mean Merrin who they’ve just made captain? Yeah of course. Sinfield has moved players on but not ones he’s just brought in himself several months ago.

At least my argument has some logic with Leeds unable to make him marquee thus severely affecting how much he’d cost us on our cap, whereas you’ve just plucked Sinfield moving on Merrin or Hurrell on out of thin air. Without him being able to be marquee for Leeds then we simply don’t have the cap space to have offered him big money.

And if Leeds wouldn’t agree to a NRL clause then he didn’t turn us or our money down we turned him down.
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs
Post Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:54 pm
Posted by Salford red all over on Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:54 pm
Salford red all over User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 150
Rep Position: 159th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:11 pm
Posts: 3250
Location: M27 but not part of the project !!
ThePrinter wrote:
You mean Merrin who they’ve just made captain? Yeah of course. Sinfield has moved players on but not ones he’s just brought in himself several months ago.

At least my argument has some logic with Leeds unable to make him marquee thus severely affecting how much he’d cost us on our cap, whereas you’ve just plucked Sinfield moving on Merrin or Hurrell on out of thin air. Without him being able to be marquee for Leeds then we simply don’t have the cap space to have offered him big money.

And if Leeds wouldn’t agree to a NRL clause then he didn’t turn us or our money down we turned him down.


So you don't think sinfield is capable of getting shut if there was a better option really ? remind me how it went with his good mate Furner not to mention your mate Mcdermott. Sinfield would stab his own granny in the back .
Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything.

Mary Hemmingway, US journalist,widow of Ernest Hemmingway (1908-1986)


The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget


"I am not young enough to know everything"
Oscar Wilde Irish Playwright (1854-1900)



One likes people much better when they're battered down by a prodigious siege of misfortune than when they triumph.

virginia woolf (1882-1941)
Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs
Post Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:18 pm
Posted by ThePrinter on Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:18 pm
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 655
Rep Position: 17th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 11412
Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
Salford red all over wrote:
So you don't think sinfield is capable of getting shut if there was a better option really ? remind me how it went with his good mate Furner not to mention your mate Mcdermott. Sinfield would stab his own granny in the back .


He didn’t get shut of Furner, Hetherington sacked him, and it wasn’t because their was a better option as we’re still without a permanent new coach. McDermott again was sacked by Hetherington.

No I don’t think he’d get rid of either player that he signed and is very happy with and has tied to long contracts for a guy who could be gone within 12 months and need you starting all over again.
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs
Post Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:24 pm
Posted by BrisbaneRhino on Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:24 pm
BrisbaneRhino User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 407
Rep Position: 52nd / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 11:46 pm
Posts: 9494
Location: 10 mins walk from Suncorp Stadium
Nobody knows the money side. We do know Leeds really wanted Hastings. It seems the NRL clause became a big problem though, as at one stage Leeds were willing to pay a fee to get him this year.

Anyway, Maloney is now the big question. I know Leeds have been linked but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes elsewhere.
Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs
Post Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:11 pm
Posted by Salford red all over on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:11 pm
Salford red all over User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 150
Rep Position: 159th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:11 pm
Posts: 3250
Location: M27 but not part of the project !!
ThePrinter wrote:
He didn’t get shut of Furner, Hetherington sacked him, and it wasn’t because their was a better option as we’re still without a permanent new coach. McDermott again was sacked by Hetherington.


Of course the head honcho pulled the trigger but sinners loaded the gun, wasn't the club rotten in his opinion and it was him or Furner in that Carney interview ?

for a guy who could be gone within 12 months and need you starting all over again.


This bit I agree with and just shows what state the game is in when a Rugby League giant has bent over backwards to the players demands. In regards to the two year deal Jacko made it clear he only wants a year so the NRL clause will kick in sooner rather than later I believe. So hardly building a team around him. Good luck to Jacko he will return to Aus with a sackfull of cash and my guess Cooper Cronks number 7 shirt at the chucks once he hangs his boots up.
Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything.

Mary Hemmingway, US journalist,widow of Ernest Hemmingway (1908-1986)


The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget


"I am not young enough to know everything"
Oscar Wilde Irish Playwright (1854-1900)



One likes people much better when they're battered down by a prodigious siege of misfortune than when they triumph.

virginia woolf (1882-1941)
Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs
Post Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:59 pm
Posted by rodney_trotter on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:59 pm
rodney_trotter User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 30
Rep Position: 270th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:54 pm
Posts: 269
TonyM19 wrote:
6As opposed to every other clubs signings who will be playing purely for honour


:lol: :lol:

great signing for Wigan. Congrats, although i'm a bit jealous!
Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs
Post Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:58 am
Posted by JEAN CAPDOUZE on Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:58 am
JEAN CAPDOUZE User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 730
Rep Position: 14th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:09 pm
Posts: 6486
Location: Carcassonne, France
Salford red all over wrote:
. Good luck to Jacko he will return to Aus with a sackfull of cash and my guess Cooper Cronks number 7 shirt at the chucks once he hangs his boots up.


No. The Sydney Roosters will have Lachlan Lam (son of Adrian Lam) and perhaps Kyle Flanagan (son of former Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan) as carefully groomed but inexpensive candidates to replace Cooper Cronk. The Roosters want a relatively inexpensive half to partner Luke Keary because they will need lot of money to retain Latrell Mitchell. So the Roosters will not be bidding for Jackson Hastings.
Toulouse for Championship in 2017, Super League in 2021!

Avignon for Championship in 2021, Super League in 2022!
Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs
Post Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:09 am
Posted by JEAN CAPDOUZE on Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:09 am
JEAN CAPDOUZE User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 730
Rep Position: 14th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:09 pm
Posts: 6486
Location: Carcassonne, France
It is now official. George Williams will leave Wigan and play for Canberra Raiders in 2020. However his position in the starting lineup depends upon the form of currently in form Turkish international Aiden Sezer.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... n-dilemma/
Last edited by JEAN CAPDOUZE on Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toulouse for Championship in 2017, Super League in 2021!

Avignon for Championship in 2021, Super League in 2022!
Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs
Post Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:11 am
Posted by Ruune Rebellion on Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:11 am
Ruune Rebellion User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 538
Rep Position: 28th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:20 pm
Posts: 1087
Salford red all over wrote:
This bit I agree with and just shows what state the game is in when a Rugby League giant has bent over backwards to the players demands. In regards to the two year deal Jacko made it clear he only wants a year so the NRL clause will kick in sooner rather than later I believe. So hardly building a team around him. Good luck to Jacko he will return to Aus with a sackfull of cash and my guess Cooper Cronks number 7 shirt at the chucks once he hangs his boots up.


Depends if he can replicate his Salford form at Wigan which isnt a guarantee. If he doesn't, his stock may fall
The Leigh and Wakefield fans mentality......

Say something negative about any other team than theirs - Its an opinion

Say something negative about Leigh and Wakefield - TROLL
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Angelus, Clearwing, dr_noangel, FearTheVee, JEAN CAPDOUZE, Kevs Head, LeedsLurch, little wayne69, roopy, Someday, spartakmixtapes, Two Points, tyr and 234 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,966,3901,79277,8414,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sat 26th Oct 08:00
GB
TONGA
v
GB LIONS
Sat 2nd Nov 04:00
GB
NEW ZEALAND
v
GB LIONS
Sat 9th Nov 07:00
GB
NEW ZEALAND
v
GB LIONS
Sat 16th Nov 07:30
GB
PNG
v
GB LIONS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





2