RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Whats your starting 17?
Re: Whats your starting 17? Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:26 pm  
Re: Whats your starting 17?
Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:26 pm  

Trojan Horse wrote:
Trojan Horse Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:56 pm
Posts: 3853
Member for 18 years
vastman wrote:
I've seen no evidence of that at all so I don't think you are being fair, you're being presumptive at best, he looks strong and alert to me and as fit as any (touch wood). For reasons, I don't get some people who seem to want to find fault with a player who is genuine class, why?

It's like this sicknote rubbish spouted by some. In his career, he's averaged 20 games a season. Sure some players have done better but a fair few have done far worse, he's about average.

He may or may not work out as a signing but there is no doubt he is quality. Regardless of the other bit of nonsense peddled on here that he's a CC signing SO WHAT, he was a player not to be ignored when he came free and had we done so the same people would be moaning about that.

I wish him the best.


I’m not convinced by him being class and neither are a few other wakey fans I speak to regularly. I haven’t seen him play before this season so all I’ve had to go on is the pre season games and I can’t say I’ve been impressed by his kicking or general play.

Now that said I will back him and shout for him to have a successful season. I don’t care what people say before he arrived. None of that matters and I’ll form my opinion over the season. I may not be overly impressed now but what’s to say he won’t go on to have a successful season and play well for the trin. I really hope he does. Who cares who signed him. He’s a trin player that’s all that matters.

Same for all the trin players. I may be critical of them on ocassions but at my roots I want them all to succeed and will be more than happy to sing their praises when they play well.

Still massively excited by the season to come. I hope we are ready to lay down a huge statement against Hull!
Top six 2005 - Trinity.
Re: Whats your starting 17? Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:00 pm  
Re: Whats your starting 17?
Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:00 pm  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 33542
Location: Poodle Power!
Member for 18 years
Trojan Horse wrote:
I’m not convinced by him being class and neither are a few other wakey fans I speak to regularly. I haven’t seen him play before this season so all I’ve had to go on is the pre season games and I can’t say I’ve been impressed by his kicking or general play.

Now that said I will back him and shout for him to have a successful season. I don’t care what people say before he arrived. None of that matters and I’ll form my opinion over the season. I may not be overly impressed now but what’s to say he won’t go on to have a successful season and play well for the trin. I really hope he does. Who cares who signed him. He’s a trin player that’s all that matters.

Same for all the trin players. I may be critical of them on ocassions but at my roots I want them all to succeed and will be more than happy to sing their praises when they play well.

Still massively excited by the season to come. I hope we are ready to lay down a huge statement against Hull!


Well then I don’t know what would convince you, I’m baffled because every time he’s played against us he’s caused us major problems.

Regarding pre-season games.. if you were to isolate Lyne, Johnstone and Fifita to name but three to just the last two games you’d think they were very ordinary players or worse but you know they are not. Alternatively you’d think Hall was the finished article yet on truth he’s virtually never played a real SL game.

So sorry, but the pre season games are an utter irrelevance, it’s the Hull game that counts imo.
Last edited by vastman on Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Whats your starting 17? Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:59 am  
Re: Whats your starting 17?
Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:59 am  

User avatarPat Bateman wrote:
Pat Bateman User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:57 pm
Posts: 1032
Location: Wakefield
Member for 11 years
vastman wrote:
Well then I don’t know what would convince you, I’m baffled because every time he’s played against us he’s caused us major problems.

Regarding pre-season games.. if you were to isolate Lyne, Johnstone and Fifita to name but three to just the last two games you’d think they were very ordinary players or worse but you know they are not. Alternatively you’d think Hall was the finished article yet on truth he’s virtually never played a real SL game.

So sorry, but the pre season games are an utter irrelevance, it’s the Hull game that counts imo.

Surely pre season games are an indicator as to where we are within our preparation as both a team and individually. It’s ok training the house down, but if it can’t be applied on the field against competitive opposition than that’s pointless. I agree we shouldn’t read into friendlies too much in regards to results as they are obviously times to learn and gel etc. I think what everyone can agree on is that there is definitely room for improvement both with skill and attitude before the season starts. As Poching said on the podcast he’ll have to decypher through what went wrong in that performance because I don’t think any coach or player goes into any game happy to lose friendly or competitive.
DONT TOUCH THE WATCH
Re: Whats your starting 17? Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:42 am  
Re: Whats your starting 17?
Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:42 am  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 33542
Location: Poodle Power!
Member for 18 years
Pat Bateman wrote:
Surely pre season games are an indicator as to where we are within our preparation as both a team and individually. It’s ok training the house down, but if it can’t be applied on the field against competitive opposition than that’s pointless. I agree we shouldn’t read into friendlies too much in regards to results as they are obviously times to learn and gel etc. I think what everyone can agree on is that there is definitely room for improvement both with skill and attitude before the season starts. As Poching said on the podcast he’ll have to decypher through what went wrong in that performance because I don’t think any coach or player goes into any game happy to lose friendly or competitive.


In part yes. It's just my opinion but a friendly cannot replicate a real game and I'd be annoyed if the players tried. Players get injured more often when stretching themselves to the limit, I don't want TJ or Fifita doing that in a worthless game and I don't think they do, they go through the motions.

So yes you can see formations, moves and general fitness. What you won't see is the commitment you will in a real game, certainly not when your living depends on it. TJ, for example, needs a real run in SL to regain his hopes of international honours, his performance against Fev won't count so he's not going to risk overdoing it.

It's different for up and coming players, it's a chance to shine. But we have to be realistic, no established player will put his neck on the line in these games, well I wouldn't if it were me. I'm not saying they don't try I'm just saying they don't push it to the max and it's the max that sets SL players apart from Championship players IMO.

I don't even think Fev were playing to their peak tbh but I suspect they had the let's get a scalp motivation.

A number of teams have lost to lower league opposition pre-season yet I doubt that would happen in any real games.

If you look at us, the best performance of three friendlies was against Leeds with a team missing many first-teamers, why? The motivation of players wanting to get noticed IMO.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Whats your starting 17? Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:34 am  
Re: Whats your starting 17?
Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:34 am  

BOJ042 wrote:
BOJ042 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:24 am
Posts: 1287
Member for 5 years
IS lino 100% out first game ?
Re: Whats your starting 17? Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:38 pm  
Re: Whats your starting 17?
Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:38 pm  

User avatarasmadasa wrote:
asmadasa User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 3530
Member for 10 years
Trojan Horse wrote:
…..I do think the only thing we are lacking is another prop with some punch and size. Maybe there’s someone worth a punt in the loan market. Dan Norman from saints maybe? Think he’s in his last year of his saints contract so maybe be worth a look. Certainly has the size.

I agree but time will tell over the coming months…..WP mentioned that Featherstone’ran their size’ in a recent interview.
Re: Whats your starting 17? Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:23 pm  
Re: Whats your starting 17?
Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:23 pm  

Trojan Horse wrote:
Trojan Horse Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:56 pm
Posts: 3853
Member for 18 years
asmadasa wrote:
I agree but time will tell over the coming months…..WP mentioned that Featherstone’ran their size’ in a recent interview.


We need to be having one eye on the future too. The club I hope are actively looking for the next David Fifita. Whether it’s this season or next season the time will come where we need to find a player like him. He will be hard to replace. Though with the new stadium development it may be less of an issue attracting players.
Top six 2005 - Trinity.
Re: Whats your starting 17? Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:24 pm  
Re: Whats your starting 17?
Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:24 pm  

Trojan Horse wrote:
Trojan Horse Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:56 pm
Posts: 3853
Member for 18 years
asmadasa wrote:
I agree but time will tell over the coming months…..WP mentioned that Featherstone’ran their size’ in a recent interview.


We need to be having one eye on the future too. The club I hope are actively looking for the next David Fifita. Whether it’s this season or next season the time will come where we need to find a player like him. He will be hard to replace. Though with the new stadium development it may be less of an issue attracting players.
Top six 2005 - Trinity.
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cosmicat, MOPSEY LIVES ON, musson and 102 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
18s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
ArthurClues
378
20s
Wigan H - a must win
mwindass
203
43s
Wigan peerless
Stanfax
28
44s
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
23903
1m
Fiji
bonaire
2
2m
TODAYS MATCHES Thursday 26th of May 2022
TheWarringto
2
4m
Rumours and signings v9
Cruncher
23151
4m
Kyle Amor
DallasMead2
81
5m
Jake Connor
Steve0
113
5m
Mr Carter
dboy
215
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Workington game
Deadcowboys1
5
TODAY
Fiji
bonaire
2
TODAY
Transfer news
BigTime
7
TODAY
Fan banned for 2 years
trinstar
34
TODAY
21 Man Squads v Fev - 1895 Cup Final
Bent&Bon
4
TODAY
Tottenhamnot Wemberlee
ninearches
1
TODAY
TODAYS MATCHES Thursday 26th of May 2022
TheWarringto
2
TODAY
Ex employees of Hugheswhere are they now
orangeman
6
TODAY
Bill Tupou
Luppylad
4
Random Topics selected.
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.31Million 707 79,07234,030
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RL CHAT MEMBERS ONLY
RLFANS Match Centre

TABLES:
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2022-R12
09:00
Penrith
v
NQL Cowboys
10:55
Brisbane
v
Gold Coast
       League One 2022-R9
19:00
LondonS
v
Oldham
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2022-R12
06:00
NZ Warriors
v
Newcastle
08:30
Souths
v
Wests
10:35
Cronulla
v
Sydney
     1895 Cup 2022-R3
12:00
Featherstone
v
Leigh
     Challenge Cup 2022-R9
15:00
Wigan
v
Huddersfield
 Sun 29th May
     National Rugby League 2022-R12
05:00
Canterbury
v
St.George
07:05
Canberra
v
Parramatta
 Thu 2nd Jun
     National Rugby League 2022-R13
10:50
Gold Coast
v
NQL Cowboys
       Championship 2022-R13
12:30
Workington
v
LondonB
15:00
Barrow
v
Leigh
15:00
Halifax
v
Dewsbury
15:00
Newcastle
v
Featherstone
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 28th May
CC2022 RND: 9
15:00
Wigan-Huddersfield
1895 RND: 3
12:00
Featherstone-Leigh
Thu 2nd Jun
CH RND: 13
12:30
Workington-LondonB
Fri 3rd Jun
SL RND: 14
20:00
Warrington-Leeds
Sat 4th Jun
SL RND: 14
14:00
Castleford-Wigan
Mon 6th Jun
CH RND: 14
19:45
Featherstone-Bradford
Fri 10th Jun
SL RND: 15
20:00
Salford-Wigan
Sat 11th Jun
SL RND: 15
18:00
Catalans-Hull FC
Mon 13th Jun
CH RND: 15
19:45
Leigh-Featherstone
Sat 18th Jun
MINT2022 RND: 1
17:30
England-ALL STARS
WINT2022 RND: 1
15:00
ENGLAND-FRANCE
Thu 23rd Jun
SL RND: 16
20:00
St.Helens-Leeds
Fri 24th Jun
SL RND: 16
20:00
Warrington-Hull FC
Sun 26th Jun
SL RND: 16
15:15
Hull KR-Huddersfield
Mon 27th Jun
CH RND: 16
19:45
Barrow-Halifax
Fri 1st Jul
SL RND: 17
20:00
Castleford-Huddersfield
Sat 2nd Jul
SL RND: 17
18:00
Catalans-St.Helens
Fri 8th Jul
CH RND: 18
19:45
Newcastle-Bradford
Sat 9th Jul
SL RND: 18
19:00
Leeds-Castleford
SL RND: 18
16:45
St.Helens-Wigan
Thu 26th May
NRL RND: 12 Melbourne28-8Manly
Mon 23rd May
CH RND: 12 Sheffield34-24Widnes
Sun 22nd May
CH RND: 12 Batley28-12LondonB
CH RND: 12 Dewsbury18-20Barrow
CH RND: 12 Leigh58-6Workington
CH RND: 12 York24-40Halifax
NRL RND: 11 Souths12-32Canberra
NRL RND: 11 Gold Coast18-25Cronulla
L1 RND: 9 Keighley29-18Midlands
WLS2022G1 RND: 2 YorkW13-6St.HelensW
WLS2022G2 RND: 2 BradfordW12-8LeighW
WLS2022G2 RND: 2 Wire W86-0WakefieldW
WLS2022G2 RND: 2 FeatherstoneW56-6CastlefordW
Sat 21st May
CH RND: 12 Bradford36-20Newcastle
CH RND: 12 Featherstone78-0Whitehaven
NRL RND: 11 St.George24-18NZ Warriors
NRL RND: 11 NQL Cowboys36-6Melbourne
NRL RND: 11 Sydney12-32Penrith
L1 RND: 9 Swinton54-16Cornwall
L1 RND: 9 Rochdale46-28Doncaster
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2022 ROUND : 12
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Featherstone 12 488 146 342 23
Leigh 12 482 92 390 22
York 12 300 206 94 18
Halifax 12 338 200 138 16
Batley 11 254 205 49 15
Barrow 12 235 272 -37 15
 
Sheffield 11 280 228 52 12
Bradford 12 252 255 -3 12
Widnes 12 287 324 -37 10
Newcastle 12 242 298 -56 10
Whitehaven 12 182 422 -240 6
Dewsbury 12 169 386 -217 4
LondonB 12 152 338 -186 3
Workington 12 134 423 -289 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2022 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Keighley 8 319 66 253 16
Crusaders 8 335 106 229 16
Rochdale 9 376 200 176 14
Swinton 8 346 131 215 12
Doncaster 9 264 242 22 10
Hunslet 8 226 168 58 9
 
Oldham 7 222 160 62 5
Midlands 8 222 261 -39 4
West Wales 8 60 462 -402 2
LondonS 7 92 374 -282 0
Cornwall 8 106 398 -292 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVII ROUND : 13
 PLDFADIFFPTS
St.Helens 13 308 126 182 22
Catalans 13 290 172 118 20
Wigan 13 332 271 61 18
Huddersfield 13 289 226 63 17
Hull FC 13 284 230 54 16
Castleford 13 285 288 -3 12
 
Hull KR 13 210 256 -46 12
Warrington 13 268 310 -42 10
Salford 13 263 312 -49 10
Leeds 13 193 246 -53 9
Wakefield 13 198 324 -126 6
Toulouse 13 202 361 -159 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2022 ROUND : 11
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 11 408 178 230 18
Penrith 11 322 189 133 18
NQL Cowboys 11 287 131 156 16
Cronulla 11 244 186 58 14
Brisbane 11 233 181 52 14
Parramatta 11 281 233 48 14
Sydney 11 233 200 33 12
Souths 11 236 235 1 10
 
Canberra 11 190 223 -33 10
Manly 11 212 252 -40 10
St.George 11 175 258 -83 10
NZ Warriors 11 198 287 -89 8
Gold Coast 11 178 265 -87 6
Wests 11 162 254 -92 6
Newcastle 11 136 284 -148 6
Canterbury 11 118 257 -139 4
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
18s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
ArthurClues
378
20s
Wigan H - a must win
mwindass
203
43s
Wigan peerless
Stanfax
28
44s
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
23903
1m
Fiji
bonaire
2
2m
TODAYS MATCHES Thursday 26th of May 2022
TheWarringto
2
4m
Rumours and signings v9
Cruncher
23151
4m
Kyle Amor
DallasMead2
81
5m
Jake Connor
Steve0
113
5m
Mr Carter
dboy
215
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Workington game
Deadcowboys1
5
TODAY
Fiji
bonaire
2
TODAY
Transfer news
BigTime
7
TODAY
Fan banned for 2 years
trinstar
34
TODAY
21 Man Squads v Fev - 1895 Cup Final
Bent&Bon
4
TODAY
Tottenhamnot Wemberlee
ninearches
1
TODAY
TODAYS MATCHES Thursday 26th of May 2022
TheWarringto
2
TODAY
Ex employees of Hugheswhere are they now
orangeman
6
TODAY
Bill Tupou
Luppylad
4
Random Topics selected.


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!