WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 12th team for Superleague

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace 12th team for Superleague

Re: 12th team for Superleague Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:36 pm  

User avatarPumpetypump wrote:
Pumpetypump User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2002 12:55 pm
Posts: 7377
Location: LS9

Binosh wrote:
At the end of 2021 Bradford will be “locked in” without fear of relegation. They know they will finish bottom this year but will see it as a period of bedding back in.


I'm increasingly thinking the same. We could have been privately told to accept half money and a season of being bent over, because at the end of the year relegation ends. It's the only scenario where Bradford applying suddenly makes sense to me.
Re: 12th team for Superleague Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:04 pm  

User avatarWanderer wrote:
Wanderer User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2002 4:48 pm
Posts: 57689
Location: Doncaster
And yet Robert Elstone has stated during the past week that 'It's safe to assume there will be relegation in 2021'.
Re: 12th team for Superleague Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:30 pm  
Dunkirk Spirit User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am
Posts: 937
Location: Horbury, a small town in Wakefield
Wanderer wrote:
And yet Robert Elstone has stated during the past week that 'It's safe to assume there will be relegation in 2021'.

Taken from love RL site

With Elstone confirming the intention is to restore promotion and relegation at the end of 2021, he accepts the replacement for Toronto will face a battle to survive.

“On the basis we’re all vaccinated and safe, then in a 12-team Super League, we’re committed to a promotion and relegation,” the executive chairman said.

“The clubs felt that with a good coach and good existing squad and with that level of funding, a club could come into Super League and be competitive.

“Clearly it will be a challenge and they’ll need to have a good coach and recruit well but clubs felt it was the right amount of money.”
Re: 12th team for Superleague Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:38 am  

Donnyman wrote:
Donnyman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:28 am
Posts: 1464
Dunkirk Spirit wrote:
Taken from love RL site

With Elstone confirming the intention is to restore promotion and relegation at the end of 2021, he accepts the replacement for Toronto will face a battle to survive.

“On the basis we’re all vaccinated and safe, then in a 12-team Super League, we’re committed to a promotion and relegation,” the executive chairman said.

“The clubs felt that with a good coach and good existing squad and with that level of funding, a club could come into Super League and be competitive.

“Clearly it will be a challenge and they’ll need to have a good coach and recruit well but clubs felt it was the right amount of money.”


Following Matt Shaws report that he felt things that were being said about a 12th club seemed to fit Bradford Bulls like a glove, could it be the case that a "good coach" is another indication Bradford have it sown up as John Kear is a good coach?

All I can see missing is a rich backer? At this stage whilst nobody appears to be in the frame, who is to say that Name may not be announced if and when Bradford are announced as the twelfth club?. If such a backer is being lined up the person may well be happy to bankroll Bulls in SL and if they go down continue to back the club. Going down doesn't mean clubs with rich owners stay down, HKR bounced straight back......
Re: 12th team for Superleague Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:43 am  

User avatarPumpetypump wrote:
Pumpetypump User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2002 12:55 pm
Posts: 7377
Location: LS9

Nah. I genuinely think that the only way Bradford would apply is if we'd had the nod that we wouldn't be relegated. We've proven over and over again that there is no one willing to bankroll Bradford, so no yo-yo back up if we get bummed into next week during 2021.
Re: 12th team for Superleague Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:57 am  

Donnyman wrote:
Donnyman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:28 am
Posts: 1464
Duckman wrote:
Well, as one of the Bradford northern and then bulls fans who has followed the club far and wide, I can tell you that if I think we've been unfairly shoved in because of our away support I for one won't be attending any away match. Also, if we go up, we're going to spend the season getting smashed, and that will probably mean a few hundred away fans for the most part (If there are away fans allowed at all) and I would be amazed if we averaged over 6k at odsal or 4/5k at Dews if we're losing every week.

I desperately want my bulls back in super League, but only when we have earned it on the pitch and are playing in Bradford .

I think Toulouse if we're still going for geographical expansion, If we're not then it should probably be fev or Leigh ahead of the bulls.



I get it that some Bradford fans would like to actually earn/win promotion, a noble (no pun intended) position to take.

But firstly this position/principle surely also applies to the clubs you name - Toulouse Fev and Leigh??

Secondly do you think it's an all or nothing thing? Bulls could go down and return even stronger. I remember Huddersfield being kept in Superleague year on year and being useless, eventually they went down, then came straight back a much stronger club??

Thirdly your analysis of a poor season and possible relegation has to be respected and acknowledged, but if Wood, Sawyer & co. are happy to take the chance because they have the funding and desire to keep on investing in the Bulls for the next few years then why not go for it now, especially if the Superleague clubs have actually decided they want Bradford.

Saying NO to an open invitation from Lenegan & co doesn't sound like a good thing to do/turn down?
Re: 12th team for Superleague Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:34 am  

bulls2487 wrote:
bulls2487 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:56 am
Posts: 463
Pumpetypump wrote:
I'm increasingly thinking the same. We could have been privately told to accept half money and a season of being bent over, because at the end of the year relegation ends. It's the only scenario where Bradford applying suddenly makes sense to me.


Could it be that the private investment company looking to invest in SL have a say in who they want in the League? They may see Bradford as a crucial part due to fan base potential?
Re: 12th team for Superleague Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:45 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 15013
Duckman wrote:
Yep. that's because the people making the decisions aren't the fans who have lived and suffered all the nonsense of the past 10 years. I have asked the club if they are going to consult the fans to ask if we even want this but didn't get an answer. It feels like desicions are being made behind closed doors again and it stinks , hope im wrong...


We all know that their application has gone in.
It's all about where the Bulls would play and, more importantly, the million dollar question, where is the money coming from to sustain them.
There is a HUGE risk for any club that gets the nod as income for EVERY club is still a massive unknown - unless the successful club has some backers with very deep pockets.
Re: 12th team for Superleague Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:06 am  

Molsk111 wrote:
Molsk111 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:36 pm
Posts: 427
Stop this crap about it been bradford as the 12th team, it’s obviously Leigh just look at the money there spending, it’s so obvious, there spending it quicker than Toronto did lol, my money is on Leigh. Any takers give me a shout
Re: 12th team for Superleague Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:45 am  

bulls2487 wrote:
bulls2487 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:56 am
Posts: 463
Molsk111 wrote:
Stop this crap about it been bradford as the 12th team, it’s obviously Leigh just look at the money there spending, it’s so obvious, there spending it quicker than Toronto did lol, my money is on Leigh. Any takers give me a shout


Don't Leigh always do this every couple of years, it's nothing new, if they don't succeed in Championship next year. Beaumont will asking them all to leave as can't afford salaries.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hullda ... 823793.amp
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Darwinsdad, g_balls, Jamie101, kobashi, Kowalski32, LyndsayGill, nidger, Noel Cleal, Pumpetypump, scarrie, SubjectNine, Uncle Rico, Willzay, wrencat1873 and 105 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,101,5091,14578,3404,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X