WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Who is the bigger club, Hull FC or Warrington?

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Who is the bigger club, Hull FC or Warrington?

Posted by Him on Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:12 pm
Him User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 247
Rep Position: 59th / 77,606

Quiz Score: 4

My Mate Ronnie wrote:
I’m sure someone can tell you about the agreement with the SMC and the attendance figure that is published .

Views of a Hull FC fan :

http://www.rlfans-hosting.co.uk/wp-cont ... Diary.docx

Had to remove all the comments from here in reference to the original post until we see some evidence
Posted by Pumpetypump on Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:18 pm
Pumpetypump User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 215
Rep Position: 71st / 77,606

Quiz Score: 320

I've always thought Hull are totally sleeping giants. One of the only places on the planet I'd call a Rugby League city. They should be far bigger than they are. I just find it inexplicable that the club never chooses a coach that will get them on to the next level.
Posted by Saddened! on Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:46 pm
Saddened! User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 61
Rep Position: 180th / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

What a bizarre thread. I feel compelled to add to the weirdness in any way I can. Hull as a club probably have more potential than Warrington. Bigger ground, bigger catchment area. But they are a mess, spectacularly badly run and coached for years now.

However Warrington are a superbly run club. They will be there or thereabouts for years under their current owner. They probably need to make more effort with the marketing of home games, absolutely no reason why Warrington shouldn't be selling out for every home game. They will also win more trophies than Hull will, although their recent history is not spectacular.

Polar opposites as clubs at the moment, however both pretty similar in terms of their current size.
Posted by Judder Man on Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:03 pm
Judder Man User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 118
Rep Position: 127th / 77,606

I reckon Warrington have took over Hull but there is not much in it, Warrington have managed quite a few finals now can conjure up 10K+ fans and look to have a better quality of players. Hull are struggling for consistency and I think Lee Radford would agree with that.
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you.
Percival-Lomax--Grace-Thompson-Makinson-Swift-Walmsley, not Eastmond...the future is coming.
Posted by Fields of Fire on Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:23 pm
Fields of Fire User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 23
Rep Position: 218th / 77,606

craig hkr wrote:
One team is skint and an unwanted tenant in a football stadium, on a 13 game losing streak but other than that it's a close call .

Awww bless Craig you need to try a different drink from bitter.
Posted by Upanunder on Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:09 pm
Upanunder User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 185
Rep Position: 88th / 77,606

Saddened! wrote:
What a bizarre thread. I feel compelled to add to the weirdness in any way I can.

you don't have to, after all....nobody cares

2 pages of who gives a ****

and I'm adding to it

duh
Posted by craig hkr on Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:32 pm
craig hkr Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 272
Rep Position: 50th / 77,606

Fields of Fire wrote:
Awww bless Craig you need to try a different drink from bitter.

What was bitter about that post? After Bradfords fall Saints Wigan and especially Leeds have dominated the game. Warrington look the most likely to make it a top 4 again great stadium cash rich and well supported. Cas look best of the rest.
Posted by FearTheVee on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:08 pm
FearTheVee User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 17
Rep Position: 224th / 77,606

If Hull ever appoint a proper coach they will be a hell of a proposition.

As it is, they will continue to waste their potential.
Posted by Psychedelic Casual on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:21 pm
Psychedelic Casual Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 324
Rep Position: 34th / 77,606

All this “bigger club:smaller club” stuff is hard to quantify.

If you look at major trophies won since the clubs were formed:
Bradford - 14
Halifax - 9
Huddersfield - 13
HullFC - 11
Swinton - 9
Warrington - 11
Widnes - 11

You look at finances and Wire pull in the most revenue now but Bradford will have last decade.

You look at crowds and Hull and Bradford are well capable of averaging 16000 and Wire 13000. All three realistically get below that with the way the game is marketed.

Swinton and Huddersfield are the only two clubs in that list who ever managed the old “All Four Cups” and Bradford the only team in that list to do the modern version.

Bradford and Widnes are the only clubs in that list to win a World Club Championship, but then all the other clubs won their Championships at a time when there was no WCC. But Bradford only ever won their first major trophy in 1944 and Widnes only ever won their first Championship a full century after being founded. Obviously everyone talks about Wire’s long wait for a Championship, but they haven’t waited a full century (...yet!)

I think what works for Hull’s stature is their stadium. It’s the best stadium in the league.

Don’t forget as well:
Saints were nothing before the 1950s, they won one major trophy in their first 80 years, that’s a hell of a long time for just one trophy to show for it. By the time Jim Sullivan took over at Sts, Broughton/Belle Vue Rangers had won more major trophies than them and they folded just as Sts started an era of winning trophies;

and before the last fifteen years Leeds were just another one of those clubs from the list above (they’d won 14 major trophies before 2004, three of those being Championships) but in the last fifteen years, what they’ve done in a salary cap era that has become a hinderance this decade especially, is more impressive than what Wigan did in the 80s and 90s.
--- ¡ We are Wire ! ---
Posted by Ruune Rebellion on Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:58 am
Ruune Rebellion Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 293
Rep Position: 41st / 77,606

Hull, a few years back were on the cusp of making the big 3, a big 4. SInce then they have fallen by the wayside spectacularly. They are not even close to Warrington in the "big club" stakes and in a couple of years wont even be the biggest club in Hull if they carry on going the way they are going.
Tommy Makinson - Golden Boot Winner 2018

Tom Johnstone - Superleague fan site winger of the year as voted for by Wakefield fans

St Helens v Wigan. The first ever derby
PreviousNext