FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Workington (H)
Re: Workington (H) : Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:12 pm  
Lawford in the squad as is Muizz but no Flanagsn Jr.
Re: Workington (H) : Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:27 pm  
RagingBull wrote:
Ooh dont say that. I was shot down by many on here at the start of the year for saying Hall was a poor signing and was in no way fit to replace Pickersgill. But what did i know????

You were also John Kear's chief defender iirc.
Re: Workington (H) : Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:49 pm  
M@islebugs wrote:
You were also John Kear's chief defender iirc.

:CRAZY:
Re: Workington (H) : Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:21 pm  
No Flanagan Jr means there’s no fullback. So the attack will die once it goes Lawford to Patton to Kear.

I’d love to see the young lads. But with no FB you’re attack goes to poop unless you want to barge over. Based on this I’m not going. I’ll go to Widnes with it being the last game but I’m not spunking £44 to watch a rag tag team.

We need a coach. A proper coach.

If I’m wrong and we win. Feel free to tell me, but I’d rather lose and have Flanagan Jr and Lawford both playing to gain a slight understanding as Patton will be out for the season.
Re: Workington (H) : Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:01 pm  
Against my better judgement, I have purchased tickets for tomorrow. Won't lie, mainly because my lad is a massive fan of Sonic. If it's Nigel waddling around inside the costume though, he isn't going to be impressed. On my part, I'm hoping to see the young halfback get a game.
Re: Workington (H) : Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:25 pm  
So if Patten gets a ban and Lilley misses a few games through injury, we might end up playing both academy halves. I agree with the majority, I think Dunning’s strength will be his willingness to use the academy properly, he needs to start playing to his strengths.
Re: Workington (H) : Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:41 pm  
still no working vpn :( ... another game i cant hear .... been thrashing around where to find a radio station that gets through the stupid chinese firewall but still cant find. missed so many games this season and some might say 'not a bad thing' lol but i still need my rugger :)
Re: Workington (H) : Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:58 pm  
Lawford starting
Re: Workington (H) : Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:18 pm  
15 minutes gone 6 - 0 to Worky. Unbelievable ! We're giving pens away again, and can't score a try with a number of restarts.
Re: Workington (H) : Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:03 pm  
We won. Only played between 45-80minutes and put 48 points on them.

First half - absolutely shocking. Kept giving the ball away, no running, no line speed. But defence was ok I suppose.
Must have got a rocket at half time, different team, Flanagan took control, directed the forwards, who actually ran with some purpose . Difference between night and day.
PreviousNext