24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Dunning confirmed as Head Coach
Dunning confirmed as Head Coach : Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:03 am  
Re: Dunning confirmed as Head Coach : Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:10 am  
Wow.
Re: Dunning confirmed as Head Coach : Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:11 am  
We knew this would be the case on the day John Kear got the boot.

Now the poor bloke will get a load of abuse that his results don’t warrant and are no reflection on him as a coach because the club went behind milking this for 10 weeks!
Re: Dunning confirmed as Head Coach : Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:14 am  
Laughable. I won’t be renewing my ST, I’m sure many others feel the same.

Nothing against Dunning, but clearly the cheap option and not evidence of a club wanting to make progress.

Noble to support in a consultancy role….. shows loads of confidence that the brand new coach is capable.

I imagine they couldn’t afford Noble but he’s offered some time to the club as a favour.
Re: Dunning confirmed as Head Coach : Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:15 am  
Wow. Best of luck to Mark but what a massively underwhelming appointment. It took us 10 weeks to appoint JK's assistant?!

Its an inexperienced appointment that just confirms the lack of ambition and aspirations that we have as a club. The strange thing for me is that he's only got the job for a year and half? Are we going to be appointing somebody else at the end of next season?
Re: Dunning confirmed as Head Coach : Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:20 am  
Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza wrote:
We knew this would be the case on the day John Kear got the boot.

Now the poor bloke will get a load of abuse that his results don’t warrant and are no reflection on him as a coach because the club went behind milking this for 10 weeks!

Agreed. Why they took 10 weeks is anyone's guess and has just wound up the fan base. Dunnings results actually read well. But fans will just look at it as the cheap option with needless quotes from the club such as "high calibre overseas coaches have applied"

I'm prepared to give Dunning a chance. I was totally against him getting the job when Kear left, but watching the team hes put his own stamp on it with some decent rugby, and some good results to back that up against the likes of Sheffield & Widnes (who Kear failed against) but the tough work starts now. Going in as a temp and freshening things up is very different to nailing a game plan to beat the likes of York, Barrow, Batley etc
Re: Dunning confirmed as Head Coach : Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:24 am  
The Nobby link up could be interesting. Although I suspect that the rationale behind that move is to soften the underwhelming blow of Dunning's appointment. As others have said, the appointment reflects our intent - unfortunately.
Re: Dunning confirmed as Head Coach : Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:26 am  
I think, if that's the level of our ambition, I'll be watching local cricket next year onwards.

Nothing against Mark but if people with great track records have applied and we've gone pound shop then that's all we need to know.

*Edit* Ultimately, Nobby and his decisions around Harris, Peacock amongst other lead, in my view, into this terminal decline we find ourselves in. We never look forward do we? SL and the glory days are a decade in the past yet we can't draw a line in the sand.
Last edited by Scarey71 on Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Dunning confirmed as Head Coach : Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:28 am  
Bullseye wrote:
https://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/article/1553/dunning-appointed-permanent-head-coach

That's me out for 2023
It's 5+ season tickets lost for the club as our group all feel the same
Cheap option
No ambition
Re: Dunning confirmed as Head Coach : Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:31 am  
He’s a young British coach. He knows Bradford inside and out and should know what changes are needed short, medium and long term.
He should be able to integrate and promote youth into the first team better than Kear could. And keep them as well. His results have been as expected. We’ve lost to the top 2 and beaten the ones below us. Our results against the teams in 3-6 are what will define his ability. I’m ok with this.
Next