WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Getting fans back in
Getting fans back in Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:45 am  

User avatarBulliac wrote:
Bulliac User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

It seems the government, or at least the Michael Gove part of it, has put back the entry of fans into soccer grounds. It goes without saying that this will have an enormous effect if it carries through to us, which I guess it will. If we're unable to take some cash on the gate then it bodes badly for all our teams when (if) the new season gets going. It might even cut it off completely.

Maybe we ought to bring a few grouse in, insist everyone carries a shotgun and then it should be OK.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Build Bridges NOT Walls
Re: Getting fans back in Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:05 pm  

woolly07 wrote:
woolly07 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I think the clubs should all get together and agree to put off the start of next season till Easter or even a little later to allow the vaccine to be completed and given - fingers and toe's crossed. I think the world cup has been moved back a year so we could run till November next year - may be wrong.
I don't see the point in starting in Feb if nobody can be there. Would 2-3 months later be a problem?
Just a thought!
Re: Getting fans back in Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:25 am  

Highlander wrote:
Highlander Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

There is a hard finish point next year for the World Cup. So the season cannot be extended later.
Pollsters doing Excellent job - say recent polls.
Re: Getting fans back in Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:58 am  

User avatarBulliac wrote:
Bulliac User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

woolly07 wrote:
I think the clubs should all get together and agree to put off the start of next season till Easter or even a little later to allow the vaccine to be completed and given - fingers and toe's crossed. I think the world cup has been moved back a year so we could run till November next year - may be wrong.
I don't see the point in starting in Feb if nobody can be there. Would 2-3 months later be a problem?
Just a thought!

I don't really have a clue what the answer is to be honest, but I'm pretty certain that we (ie the clubs in general) can't survive without crowds being allowed in. Starting later is certainly an option though and, to be fair, our league has little effect on the World Cup. SL will still have their TV money so should be OK to start in Jan/Feb as normal so their players should be OK for the cup.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Build Bridges NOT Walls