WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Planning for 2021
Planning for 2021 Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:45 pm  
Bulls Boy 2011 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:44 pm
Posts: 3668
Location: Shipley, Bradford
With the 2020 season still up in the arms I think it would be interesting to have a discussion on planning for 2021. We already have a few signed up for next season including the recent announcements of Brough and Hallas.

I’d personally love to see Dawson-Jones next season (if he isn’t already contracted next year) and I’d also like to try get that Rooks permanently from KR as he looks solid and would make a great back row partner to Farrell with Gallagher rotating/bench.
BULLSBOY2011:
'Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!'

Bradford Bulls Fan Since Birth :)
Re: Planning for 2021 Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:02 pm  

M@islebugs wrote:
M@islebugs Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 2:31 pm
Posts: 1676
Hard to say. Looks like finances in the SL are going to be a plane crash which sounds a bit rich coming from us, but then again we have just signed Brough. I thought we started to look promising and presumably we'll look to sign roughly the same group. The forwards look very young but very exciting.

On possible changes, would Maskill's arrival signal Flanagan's exit? I've been disappointed in Farrell and not convinced by Hodgson. Waite-Pullan, impossible to say?

I'd give Rooks another go on the little bit we saw plus look to sign another couple of back rowers.
Re: Planning for 2021 Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:13 pm  

Pyrah123 wrote:
Pyrah123 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:36 am
Posts: 303
Bulls Boy 2011 wrote:
With the 2020 season still up in the arms I think it would be interesting to have a discussion on planning for 2021. We already have a few signed up for next season including the recent announcements of Brough and Hallas.

I’d personally love to see Dawson-Jones next season (if he isn’t already contracted next year) and I’d also like to try get that Rooks permanently from KR as he looks solid and would make a great back row partner to Farrell with Gallagher rotating/bench.


Dawson-Jones signed up for next year! I really liked Farrell personally and think we need one more experienced 2nd row we need pickers signed up and Matty Race from the reserves he looks quality!
Re: Planning for 2021 Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:16 pm  
Bulls Boy 2011 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:44 pm
Posts: 3668
Location: Shipley, Bradford
M@islebugs wrote:
Hard to say. Looks like finances in the SL are going to be a plane crash which sounds a bit rich coming from us, but then again we have just signed Brough. I thought we started to look promising and presumably we'll look to sign roughly the same group. The forwards look very young but very exciting.

On possible changes, would Maskill's arrival signal Flanagan's exit? I've been disappointed in Farrell and not convinced by Hodgson. Waite-Pullan, impossible to say?

I'd give Rooks another go on the little bit we saw plus look to sign another couple of back rowers.


Very true regarding the finances of SL. I wonder if Brough was one higher earners at Wakefield considering they have Fifita, that new NRL player (Tanagitoa?) and Johnstone etc.

To be honest I had forgotten Maskill had signed. Depends how he goes to be honest. Hasn't made an impact anywhere else has he? Doyle is really good prospect and I've been impressed with his performances so I wonder if Maskill would be happy playing second fiddle.

I really liked Farrell last season, just a shame he hasn't featured this season due to an injury but he's solid and that's what I like in a back rower. I'd take a punt on Waite-Pullan but tbh I'm in agreement with you on Hodgson. Would sooner see Gallagher and Scurr get more game time.
BULLSBOY2011:
'Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!'

Bradford Bulls Fan Since Birth :)
Re: Planning for 2021 Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:16 pm  
Bulls Boy 2011 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:44 pm
Posts: 3668
Location: Shipley, Bradford
Pyrah123 wrote:
Dawson-Jones signed up for next year!


Brilliant news!! Hopefully Johnson has shed a bit of weight too. Be nice to have two quality wingers.
BULLSBOY2011:
'Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!'

Bradford Bulls Fan Since Birth :)
Re: Planning for 2021 Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:53 pm  

Pyrah123 wrote:
Pyrah123 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:36 am
Posts: 303
Bulls Boy 2011 wrote:
Pyrah123 wrote:
Dawson-Jones signed up for next year!


Brilliant news!! Hopefully Johnson has shed a bit of weight too. Be nice to have two quality wingers.


When bulls listed players under contract Matty Dawson Jones was on that list and I believe when he signed he signed on a 1 year with another year in the club’s favour. I agree with you I think he’s a cracking player but what we needed after losing a try scoring machine like Ethan Ryan
Re: Planning for 2021 Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:43 pm  

User avatarBull Mania wrote:
Bull Mania User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 8:47 am
Posts: 6059
Pyrah123 wrote:
Dawson-Jones signed up for next year! I really liked Farrell personally and think we need one more experienced 2nd row we need pickers signed up and Matty Race from the reserves he looks quality!


Agree Matty Race looks one hell of a prospect.
Re: Planning for 2021 Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:10 pm  

Pyrah123 wrote:
Pyrah123 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:36 am
Posts: 303
Bull Mania wrote:
Pyrah123 wrote:
Dawson-Jones signed up for next year! I really liked Farrell personally and think we need one more experienced 2nd row we need pickers signed up and Matty Race from the reserves he looks quality!


Agree Matty Race looks one hell of a prospect.


Certainly now we have Brough what better half to learn your trade from!
Re: Planning for 2021 Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:06 am  

User avatardddooommm wrote:
dddooommm User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:01 am
Posts: 3586
According to the 2020 Squad thread the following players are signed for 2021:
Sam Hallas
Steve Crossley
Ross Oakes
Jordan Lilley
Danny Brough
BullBuidler - Bradford Bulls Supporters Trust
www.bullbuilder.co.uk
Re: Planning for 2021 Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:25 am  

Pyrah123 wrote:
Pyrah123 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:36 am
Posts: 303
dddooommm wrote:
According to the 2020 Squad thread the following players are signed for 2021:
Sam Hallas
Steve Crossley
Ross Oakes
Jordan Lilley
Danny Brough


It’s on this page here:
https://www.totalrl.com/bulls-offer-new-deals-to-trio/

Also when he actually signed for us:
https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/ ... son-jones/

A one year deal with the further option of another year for the club like when DFJ joined us
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Betsy Bulls, Bull Mania, Highlander, Sedgebull, Spannerz, Stockwell & Smales and 43 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Bradford Bulls - RedAmberandBlack.net


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,103,4581,29578,3554,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X