WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RIMMER ODSAL ARTICLE, WITH BMDC STATEMENT TO FOLLOW

Board index Championship Bradford Bulls - RedAmberandBlack.net RIMMER ODSAL ARTICLE, WITH BMDC STATEMENT TO FOLLOW

belcki wrote:
belcki Stevo's Armpit

A Rimmer article re Odsal is to be formally published at 8pm this evening. A BMDC statement (whose PR team are likely to have all gone home by 5pm !), also re Odsal, is likely to be released tomorrow, or in the near future.

Our colleagues outwith the 'Council', i.e. the Nesteggers, allege that Rimmer's latest smoke and mirrors exercise is all part and parcel of the brewing scandals we keep referring to, and there is more, probably a lot more, to follow and/or reveal.

So for the time being please discuss this latest conjuration amongst yourselves and watch this 'nestegg' space.

Thank you.
Last edited by belcki on Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: BMDC and RFL ODSAL ANNOUNCEMENT Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:42 pm  

User avatarDrFeelgood wrote:
DrFeelgood User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

No word. What a surprise.
"If you don't believe you can do something, you have no chance at all" - Arsene Wenger
Re: BMDC and RFL ODSAL ANNOUNCEMENT Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:47 pm  
Front Row Grizzly Stevo's Armpit

Here it is:

www.rlnews.co.uk/rimmer-reveals-rfls-od ... -responds/

I'm hearing the coun cil intend to announce something tonight or in the morning.
Re: BMDC and RFL ODSAL ANNOUNCEMENT Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:17 pm  

User avatarroofaldo2 wrote:
roofaldo2 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

You won’t get Bradford City to agree to leave VP for Odsal so that 18k community stadium is a non-starter.

The Bulls cannot move back into Odsal in its current state as that will only result in another go on the insolventcy roundabout

So that only leaves the RFL selling the site off to someone. Question is who’s buy it?
Re: BMDC and RFL ODSAL ANNOUNCEMENT Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:22 pm  

User avatarBull Mania wrote:
Bull Mania User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Front Row Grizzly wrote:
Here it is:

http://www.rlnews.co.uk/rimmer-reveals- ... -responds/

I'm hearing the coun cil intend to announce something tonight or in the morning.

That quote from a "source" from the council just sounds like something you would read on here from certain fantasist of what we would like to happen in an ideal world. I just can't see how anyone would give THAT much detail away of a negotiation.

I'm very very sceptical someone from the council has actually said any of that.
Re: BMDC and RFL ODSAL ANNOUNCEMENT Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:34 pm  

User avatarpaulwalker71 wrote:
paulwalker71 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

The Rimmer part of it is word-for-word from an interview that Mick posted on Bulls Banter earlier. So that part is certainly what Rimmer said.

The Council bit - well, who knows? It all sounds very much like what a lot of people have been saying for years. Sounds sensible but I can’t see City going along with it.

I see that Mick wrote the piece so maybe he’ll be along soon to explain about his council ‘source’
Re: BMDC and RFL ODSAL ANNOUNCEMENT Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:37 pm  

User avatarBull Mania wrote:
Bull Mania User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

paulwalker71 wrote:
The Rimmer part of it is word-for-word from an interview that Mick posted on Bulls Banter earlier. So that part is certainly what Rimmer said.

The Council bit - well, who knows? It all sounds very much like what a lot of people have been saying for years. Sounds sensible but I can’t see City going along with it.

I see that Mick wrote the piece so maybe he’ll be along soon to explain about his council ‘source’

I hope he does. I just want something more substantial than a "source" that says something we all would love to hear.

Regarding City I doubt very much it would be their first team as 18k isn't isn't enough, but they could be part of it for their youth/girls teams.
Re: BMDC and RFL ODSAL ANNOUNCEMENT Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:48 pm  

User avatarMicktheGled wrote:
MicktheGled User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

paulwalker71 wrote:

I’ll post the full interview on Soundcloud tomorrow.

There’s a lot happening in the background at present with the Bulls needing to return to the city of Bradford and the Valley Parade lease up for renewal this decade.

For those asking about the other way, I’ve spoken to someone who was involved in the consultation process of exploring the viability of the Bulls moving to Valley Parade last year and they confirmed you’d get little change out of £1.5M for a new playing surface and major reconfiguration of the Kop - front seven rows removed for Health and Safety legislation regarding perimeter clearance.

bulls2487 wrote:
bulls2487 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Its all made up again regarding Bradford City,Ryan Sparks has tweeted its the first City have heard of it, wish people would stop making up stories or sources.
Re: BMDC and RFL ODSAL ANNOUNCEMENT Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:47 am  

M@islebugs wrote:
M@islebugs Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

MicktheGled wrote:
I’ll post the full interview on Soundcloud tomorrow.

There’s a lot happening in the background at present with the Bulls needing to return to the city of Bradford and the Valley Parade lease up for renewal this decade.

For those asking about the other way, I’ve spoken to someone who was involved in the consultation process of exploring the viability of the Bulls moving to Valley Parade last year and they confirmed you’d get little change out of £1.5M for a new playing surface and major reconfiguration of the Kop - front seven rows removed for Health and Safety legislation regarding perimeter clearance.

£1.5m seems a relatively small amount compared to a new stadium. I love VP I remember Northern playing there in the 80s against Wigan and in the cup against Widnes. Koncrete and Lowes had a go circa 92/3. 25k capacity and function suites etc. Seems the obvious choice compared to Dewsbury, Odsal and a non existent stadium.
Next