WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Fixtures
Re: Fixtures Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:51 pm  

Bulls4Champs wrote:
Bulls4Champs Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Like the football championship. No easy games for anybody.
Re: Fixtures Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:07 pm  
Jimmy 4 Bradford User avatar
Strong-running second rower

That is what I was gunna say Bulls4Champs. No easy games is the way it should be
Re: Fixtures Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:33 am  

User avatarBlotto wrote:
Blotto User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Location: 2.5 hrs North of Newcastle. 8 hrs South of Brisbane
Jimmy 4 Bradford wrote:
That is what I was gunna say Bulls4Champs. No easy games is the way it should be

At the moment despite JK being "Bullish" we look like the easy game from the other Teams point of view!
The phrase politically correct is in itself politcally incorrect so should be rephrased politically stupid!

If you like old type radio comedy/ dramas etc listen to //pumpkinfm.com/

Statistically speaking you have a better chance of getting dead the older you get!
Re: Fixtures Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:12 am  

bulls2487 wrote:
bulls2487 Strong-running second rower

Blotto wrote:
At the moment despite JK being "Bullish" we look like the easy game from the other Teams point of view!

Everyone was saying the same about Leigh and Fev this time last year.
Re: Fixtures Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:18 am  

User avatarrugbyreddog wrote:
rugbyreddog User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I guess the middle of the season is 5th April when we haven't a game
Re: Fixtures Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:26 am  

User avatarBulliac wrote:
Bulliac User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

We seem to have quite a few vacant weekends - more than is necessary to fit in just cup games, anyway. Is it more than normal or just Me..
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Build Bridges NOT Walls
Re: Fixtures Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:40 pm  

User avatarDILLIGAF wrote:
DILLIGAF User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Bulliac wrote:
We seem to have quite a few vacant weekends - more than is necessary to fit in just cup games, anyway. Is it more than normal or just Me..

It fits in perfectly to enter the Challenge Cup at Round 4 and then every weekend corresponds to a cup weekend up to the final. I assume the 1895 Cup is being shoehorned in on Challenge Cup weekends and midweek games again.
The views in this post are mine and mine alone. Unless stated otherwise, they do not reflect the views of any company or entity I am associated with.
Re: Fixtures Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:42 pm  

User avatarDrFeelgood wrote:
DrFeelgood User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

DILLIGAF wrote:
It fits in perfectly to enter the Challenge Cup at Round 4 and then every weekend corresponds to a cup weekend up to the final. I assume the 1895 Cup is being shoehorned in on Challenge Cup weekends and midweek games again.

Is the 1895 cup even a thing next year? It's not got a section on the RFL's website. Also it seems like London have decided the 1895 cup is not worth the bother (see link below). I'm not surprised really. It was just a chance for our kids last year with the quick turnarounds that were needed to even stage the fixtures. I think the only person who took it seriously was Derek Beaumont. And that was only because a) he sponsored it and b) he used it as a thinly veiled excuse for a heavy end-of-season recruitment for what turned out to be a feeble promotion push. Well at least that's sort of what it looked like because nobody else was taking the competition all that seriously and I can 't imagine he's want to get accused of overspending to gain promotion again.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/lo ... p-in-2020/
"If you don't believe you can do something, you have no chance at all" - Arsene Wenger
Re: Fixtures Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:02 pm  

User avatarDILLIGAF wrote:
DILLIGAF User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

DrFeelgood wrote:
Is the 1895 cup even a thing next year? It's not got a section on the RFL's website. Also it seems like London have decided the 1895 cup is not worth the bother (see link below). I'm not surprised really. It was just a chance for our kids last year with the quick turnarounds that were needed to even stage the fixtures. I think the only person who took it seriously was Derek Beaumont. And that was only because a) he sponsored it and b) he used it as a thinly veiled excuse for a heavy end-of-season recruitment for what turned out to be a feeble promotion push. Well at least that's sort of what it looked like because nobody else was taking the competition all that seriously and I can 't imagine he's want to get accused of overspending to gain promotion again.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/lo ... p-in-2020/

I only assume it's still a thing because London have confirmed they're not playing in it. Otherwise I expect it would have been swept under the carpet and casually not mentioned.

Until the RFL start taking it seriously by actually allocating weekends for it instead of shoe-horning it in the way they have, they can't expect any competing clubs to give two sheets about it either.
The views in this post are mine and mine alone. Unless stated otherwise, they do not reflect the views of any company or entity I am associated with.
Previous